Sportsound Watch

20 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

The 'successful businesswoman' patter is maybe the most tragic thing to come out of this whole situation.

It's just Tom English's version of Jim Traynor's "succulent lamb". If that's the worst thing to come out of it I'm not sure why you lot are getting into such a state.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

It's just Tom English's version of Jim Traynor's "succulent lamb". If that's the worst thing to come out of it I'm not sure why you lot are getting into such a state.

Wasn't that Speirs that came out with that?

25 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Folk just making stuff up now, aye?

The 'successful businesswoman' patter is maybe the most tragic thing to come out of this whole situation.

The football chat equivalent of laughing at Mrs Brown's Boys.

I was sort of with you on this one until a few weeks ago Brian Mclaughlin did a piece on Sportsound mentioning her and said something like 'you must remember, this is a very successful businesswoman' and I must admit I chuckled.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I find it interesting the way it is a label sarcastically applied to someone who is quite demonstrably a successful businesswoman. But there you go.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I find it interesting the way it is a label sarcastically applied to someone who is quite demonstrably a successful businesswoman. But there you go.

That's not in doubt. The target of the laughter is at the likes of Tom English who seems to think repeating it supports any point he's making re reconstruction.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I don't doubt that David Murray's lamb was succulent too. 

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

That's not in doubt. The target of the laughter is at the likes of Tom English who seems to think repeating it supports any point he's making re reconstruction.

I see it as being like the death penalty. Lots of Americans point out that you know something is grim when you share it in common with Iran, Saudi Arabia, China, North Korea etc.

You look at who the biggest fans of the 'successful businesswoman' chat are and you shiver.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I see it as being like the death penalty. Lots of Americans point out that you know something is grim when you share it in common with Iran, Saudi Arabia, China, North Korea etc.

You look at who the biggest fans of the 'successful businesswoman' chat are and you shiver.

Comparing the mismanagement and ineptitude of your "successful businesswoman" owner to the death penalty is certainly one of the more interesting takes on the situation at HMFC.

Guest JTS98
7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's off again. :lol:

Course you think I'm 'off again'. I seem to take up a big part of your day these days.

Which is up to you.

Some of the worst people in the world like pizza but that's not going to stop me from also liking pizza.

41 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Eoin Jess reminiscing today. The goal at Ibrox he talks about was an absolute screamer.

Rangers no7. We all have that mate who comes along to play football down the astro who is scared to head the ball but makes a token gesture jump when the ball comes in. 

He missed it by a mile there. 

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Rangers no7. We all have that mate who comes along to play football down the astro who is scared to head the ball but makes a token gesture jump when the ball comes in. 

Hemin, fit ye sayin'?  I used to hate having to try and head goalies kicks.

Corners... fine

Crosses... fine

Blocking shots... fine

But hoooooofs in the wind with some hoor clatterin' into the back of you, were by far the worst balls I had to deal with!

Yours, I coulda' bin professional if not for my lack of fitness, talent and application!

aDONis

2 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Corners... fine

Crosses... fine

Blocking shots... fine

But hoooooofs in the wind with some hoor clatterin' into the back of you, were by far the worst balls I had to deal with!

Yours, I coulda' bin professional if not for my lack of fitness, talent and application!

aDONis

I just end up heading it with my nose or top of head and it ending up going completely the wrong direction. Can probably count from memory in 30 years the times I've connected with it properly as it's such a surprising occasion in my life. 

All done with my eyes closed the majority of the time of course...

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

33 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Was that not Charlie Miller? Not known for heading the ball. If memory serves me right, that goal was used at the start of Sportscene or Scotsport back in the day. Was a belter of a goal.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes, he applied the 'successful businessman' phrase to Dave Cormack to add validity to his views on the SPFL set-up too.  Whom I'm sure English only contacted Monday to get a soundbite to back up his 'governance of the game' narrative.   

30 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Corners... fine

Crosses... fine

Blocking shots... fine

aDONis

Hated heading the ball, almost managed.to end up 3 inches shorter when jumping for a header than I was if I just stood still. Scored once with a header, goal line stramash and the ball ended up at head hight, couldn't miss!!