Sportsound Watch

16 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

It gets good when shite (former) Tv tit David Tanner joins in and makes a complete James Hunt of himself.

Seems to imply a random guy on Twitter should be held to the same standards as Sky Sports :lol:

Always loved Jess as a kid, even as a Utd fan. Came across really well too. on Chic Young...utterly insufferable and those really good segments when players pick their favourite 11 they played with, he somehow manages to make it all about him.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yesterdays podcast was possibly the worst Sportsound programme of 2020, which is quite a feat.

Congratulations to everyone involved.

Absolute riddy from Tam trying to push the BBC party line that Celtic pushing for 10iar and Rangers trying to stop it will enhance all Scottish football fans enjoyment of this season.

All it’s going to do is put an obscene pressure on the referees and cause more decisions to go the way of the OF. One of the referees (Clancy I think) was in the paper the other day saying he knows how important this season is and the refs are all ready for it. If they’re taking it into consideration it shows they’re being influenced already.

11 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

Absolute riddy from Tam trying to push the BBC party line that Celtic pushing for 10iar and Rangers trying to stop it will enhance all Scottish football fans enjoyment of this season.

All it’s going to do is put an obscene pressure on the referees and cause more decisions to go the way of the OF. One of the referees (Clancy I think) was in the paper the other day saying he knows how important this season is and the refs are all ready for it. If they’re taking it into consideration it shows they’re being influenced already.

Such a shite/boring question, wasn't it?

"As a Motherwell fan, does 10iar add to your emotion/enjoyment of this season?"

"OH ABSOLUTELY"

simon cowell facepalm GIF

ETA - Also Tam Cowan's statistical insight that historically other clubs outside of the OF have had a say in the title race was quite stunning.

Edited by Dons_1988

9 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

The premise being that The Rangers and Celtic might as well just have "playoff" matches in some winner takes all end of season sectarian bigotathon.

Actually, the BBC might quite enjoy that...................

As if anyone outside Celtgers give one iota of a f**k about ten in a row. [emoji23]
I am interested in it, insofar as the way they have built it up, and the fact that the Ibrox basketcase will never match it effectively makes their rivalry irrelevant after it's done. Celtic can win as many as they want, it means f**k all. And Rangers can win one whenever they like, it wont matter.

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yesterdays podcast was possibly the worst Sportsound programme of 2020, which is quite a feat.

Congratulations to everyone involved.

I thought that Cowan might be ok on the podcast when just talking about football. How wrong could I have been. Just spouting the same nonsense pish  that he does on Off The Ball, combined with a few sexual innuendos thrown in towards MacAvennie. So many inaccuracies spread throughout the whole podcast as well, and none of them picked up by McIntyre. Cowan had a huge chance to put forward the views of the nation, outwith Celtic and Rangers, when asked whether Celtic chasing their fabled 10(*) in a row would enhance the season for all football fans, and he blew it big style.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I thought that Cowan might be ok on the podcast when just talking about football. How wrong could I have been. Just spouting the same nonsense pish  that he does on Off The Ball, combined with a few sexual innuendos thrown in towards MacAvennie. So many inaccuracies spread throughout the whole podcast as well, and none of them picked up by McIntyre. Cowan had a huge chance to put forward the views of the nation, outwith Celtic and Rangers, when asked whether Celtic chasing their fabled 10(*) in a row would enhance the season for all football fans, and he blew it big style.

It's not been as steep, but in terms of scale, Cowan's descent now rivals that of Tom English.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Yeah it was poor.

I don't understand why they couldn't just ask Cowan about Motherwell at least once.

Getting a Motherwell fans perspective on 10iar was so infuriating.

Today's 55 minute Premiership look ahead show:

OF* - 40 minutes

Other 10 teams - 15 minutes

Says it all.

Edit : Even less than 15 minutes, as when I unpaused it, they'd forgotten to discuss Celtic's new keeper!

Edited by Golden Gordon
Poor journalism

Yeah it was poor.
I don't understand why they couldn't just ask Cowan about Motherwell at least once.
As a Motherwell fan, I can tell you that I, and the folk I go to the games with, couldn't care less about 10iar (I don't even like that term). The only interest I have will be in laughing at whoever fails.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:
49 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:
Yeah it was poor.

As a Motherwell fan, I can tell you that I, and the folk I go to the games with, couldn't care less about 10iar (I don't even like that term). The only interest I have will be in laughing at whoever fails.

I have no doubt. It was almost like Cowan was under instruction to talk it up.

No doubt Random and Tree House will be delighted to hear from today’s podcast that Neil McCann thinks that Calum Davidson will have done a great job this season if he keeps St Johnstone in the Premiership. McCann obviously doesn’t have a bitter bone in his body.