Sportsound Watch

Might be mis remembering, but I'm sure we used to get summaries from every Championship game after full time and even a big League 1 game in occasion?  

Used to religiously listen to Off the Ball/Sportsound on the way down to games, and Sportsound/Whatever was on after right through to 7pm.  Changed days now.

27 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Might be mis remembering, but I'm sure we used to get summaries from every Championship game after full time and even a big League 1 game in occasion?  

Used to religiously listen to Off the Ball/Sportsound on the way down to games, and Sportsound/Whatever was on after right through to 7pm.  Changed days now.

Yes we did. Even regularly the odd League one game was featured on open all mics. It's went right downhill and it's not all on Kenny McIntyre though he's a big factor, but he's not making these decisions to omit coverage from lower leagues.

I’m possibly mis-remembering but I’m sure Richard Gordon used to go through every result from the Championship to League Two, naming every scorer and putting some enthusiasm into it (saying things like “and there was late drama at…”). 

I’m not sure Kenny Macintyre can be completely absolved of blame for the way things have gone downhill. The presenter will always be able to control the direction of the programme as it happens, no matter what the plans were beforehand. He also doesn’t jump in and shut down the tedious debates that spring up between “the regulars”, instead choosing to join in. 

Edited by The Master

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

I’m possibly mis-remembering but I’m sure Richard Gordon used to go through every result from the Championship to League Two, naming every scorer and putting some enthusiasm into it (saying things like “and there was late drama at…”). 

I’m not sure Kenny Macintyre can be completely absolved off blame for the way things have gone downhill. The presenter will always be able to control things as they happen, no matter what the plans were beforehand. He also doesn’t jump in and shut down the tedious debates that spring up between “the regulars”, instead choosing to join in. 

I agree that's why I said he's a big factor in it going downhill. But he doesn't decide which games get reporters at them.

Anyway, I think we all agree it's just pish now.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I agree that's why I said he's a big factor in it going downhill. But he doesn't decide which games get reporters at them..

Possibly, although it’s entirely possible that at the planning meeting(s) there’s a proposal for reporters to go to these lower-league games, but Macintyre decides he wants time for another debate about VAR so maybe not bother with this one and that one. 

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

Possibly, although it’s entirely possible that at the planning meeting(s) there’s a proposal for reporters to go to these lower-league games, but Macintyre decides he wants time for another debate about VAR so maybe not bother with this one and that one. 

Swear to god if you did a drinking game listening to it and the key word was VAR you'd be in hospital by about 2.45pm.

17 minutes ago, The Master said:

I’m not sure Kenny Macintyre can be completely absolved of blame for the way things have gone downhill. The presenter will always be able to control the direction of the programme as it happens, no matter what the plans were beforehand. He also doesn’t jump in and shut down the tedious debates that spring up between “the regulars”, instead choosing to join in. 

Totally agree. The most important thing for me is that Kenny McIntyre has no control over the pundits on any given show, which is why it descends into pointless discussions week after week.  My choice for anchor would have been Gordon Duncan and I really hope that BBC Scotland approached him and he turned them down, because there’s no other excuse for him not to be in place.

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Totally agree. The most important thing for me is that Kenny McIntyre has no control over the pundits on any given show, which is why it descends into pointless discussions week after week.  My choice for anchor would have been Gordon Duncan and I really hope that BBC Scotland approached him and he turned them down, because there’s no other excuse for him not to be in place.

Extraordinary that someone so hopelessly Old Firm centric as McIntyre is hosting the national football show while Gordon Duncan whose sublime professionalism only just manages to conceal the contempt he has for the Old Firm cretins (in the studio as well as on the phone) he has to deal with nightly, hosts Radio Old Firm Superscorebored.  Round pegs, square holes.

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

48 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

They have no interest in producing a show that doesn't totally pander to Sevco and Celtic, so why would they approach someone who wouldn't align with this?

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They have no interest in producing a show that doesn't totally pander to Sevco and Celtic, so why would they approach someone who wouldn't align with this?

Richard Gordon was there for 20 years. 

34 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Richard Gordon was there for 20 years. 

And it declined steadily during that time as more and more focus was put upon two teams. It's quickly worsened now he's gone. Gordon was good but wasn't above a bit of pandering now and again either. His strop one time where he told listeners to tune in elsewhere was a prime example.

For context, he said he had a breaking story that was absolutely massive and would undoubtedly be the biggest news all year. Nothing would top this monumental exlusive. It was January at the time. 

The news? Barry Ferguson was no longer Rangers captain. When folk emailed/texted/called to tell him to pipe down and called him out, he threw a big huff and said people didn't need to listen to the show.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

And it declined steadily during that time as more and more focus was put upon two teams. It's quickly worsened now he's gone. Gordon was good but wasn't above a bit of pandering now and again either. His strop one time where he told listeners to tune in elsewhere was a prime example.

For context, he said he had a breaking story that was absolutely massive and would undoubtedly be the biggest news all year. Nothing would top this monumental exlusive. It was January at the time. 

The news? Barry Ferguson was no longer Rangers captain. When folk emailed/texted/called to tell him to pipe down and called him out, he threw a big huff and said people didn't need to listen to the show.

Everyone is allowed one mistake in 20 years. 

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You taking the piss mate?

Only out of Sportsound, and their seemingly unfathomable policy around Saturday 3pm commentaries. It's a complete mystery, I tell you.

The 810ExtraMW was an attempt at humour. "Attempt" doing some not insignificant heavy lifting. 

I listened to Clyde SSB last Saturday, it was ok.  Gave all the goals from all the leagues and goal scorers.

Professional report from each ground in the Premiership at the end.

I may listen again, better than the dugshite that is getting served on the BBC at the moment.

3 hours ago, The Master said:

Only out of Sportsound, and their seemingly unfathomable policy around Saturday 3pm commentaries. It's a complete mystery, I tell you.

The 810ExtraMW was an attempt at humour. "Attempt" doing some not insignificant heavy lifting. 

"You taking the piss mate" was similarly an "attempt" at humour, and similarly heavy lifting involved.