Sportsound Watch

In the 20 minute journey with the faither through to Nairn v Drumchapel United yesterday, Neil McCann spent about 12 of those trying to convince the rest that Rangers were a match for Celtic, and he still couldn’t manage it.  Then he started going off on a tangent about the ‘youngsters they’ve signed’, he of course couldn’t name any of them. 

Levein (who I generally have time for!) states he's not seen much of Motherwelll this season... Now it might have been "in the flesh", which is slightly different than simply not doing homework.

However it made me think again that the BBC pundits just get to go and  see their favourites.... 🙄

57 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Levein (who I generally have time for!) states he's not seen much of Motherwelll this season... Now it might have been "in the flesh", which is slightly different than simply not doing homework.

However it made me think again that the BBC pundits just get to go and  see their favourites.... 🙄

Levein covered Saintees vs County yesterday purely because he was at Jeanfield vs Brechin at 12:30pm.

8 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Yeah, I've got some sympathies with logistics. It's more that Levein always does Hearts, Preston always does St J/Hearts (I think?!), and Bonnar, especially Bonnar does nothing but Celtic 

A) Like I just said he didn't this weekend and B) Surely you'd want pundits on the games they are most knowledgeable about 

I really don't like Bonnar but making him do Dunfermline vs Falkirk wouldn't be good radio... or maybe it would?

The alternative is pundits like Miller and Bonnar actually do some proper research about sides that aren't Aberdeen and Celtic...

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

1 minute ago, Ray Patterson said:

A) Like I just said he didn't this weekend and B) Surely you'd want pundits on the games they are most knowledgeable about 

I really don't like Bonnar but making him do Dunfermline vs Falkirk wouldn't be good radio... or maybe it would?

The alternative is pundits like Miller and Bonnar actually do some proper research about sides that aren't Aberdeen and Celtic...

Chucking him off the radio would be gid radio. 

8 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Yeah, I've got some sympathies with logistics. It's more that Levein always does Hearts, Preston always does St J/Hearts (I think?!), and Bonnar, especially Bonnar does nothing but Celtic 

Willie Miller the sheep gig.  Neil McCann now the Rangers gig.  Preston/Stewart does more Hearts/Hibs home games than anyone else or Brian McGlaughlin is covering the game.  Craigan Motherwell. We used to have McManus but he got kicked off Robbo was decent when he done the Hearts or Highlands games (almost a Rabbie Burns poem there). Bonnar is a complete buffoon though that doesn't even seem to have a clue about Celtic let alone any of the opposition but that now is the way the show is pandered.  Thing is both OF teams still think they have anti-agendas against them both and call for boycotts.  Absolute farcical. 

5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I know.  That's the sad thing.  They are probably happy how it's going.  

Yeah it definitely is happening, not just in Scotland. It's becoming far more ex-player led, and I don't think that's a good thing.

Steven Thompson has been accelerated quickly into the Gary Lineker role - now he's got the Saturday Sportscene gig. I think he's a good pundit, but not a presenter. I'm glad that at least the Beeb have seen sense not to keep Scott McDonald or Leanne Crichton as presenters though.

Down South, Alex Scott (who's actually decent) and Jermaine Jenas (ffs) have been pushed into the same roles on FF and MOTD2.

Jonathan Sutherland who is pretty good by all accounts has been shifted into the Sunday role and most Friday games and does feel like the last of the journalists turn presenters at the BBC.

13 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

How about just sacking Bonner ? Is that not allowed  ?

8 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

Yeah it definitely is happening, not just in Scotland. It's becoming far more ex-player led, and I don't think that's a good thing.

Steven Thompson has been accelerated quickly into the Gary Lineker role - now he's got the Saturday Sportscene gig. I think he's a good pundit, but not a presenter. I'm glad that at least the Beeb have seen sense not to keep Scott McDonald or Leanne Crichton as presenters though.

Down South, Alex Scott (who's actually decent) and Jermaine Jenas (ffs) have been pushed into the same roles on FF and MOTD2.

Jonathan Sutherland who is pretty good by all accounts has been shifted into the Sunday role and most Friday games and does feel like the last of the journalists turn presenters at the BBC.

Kenny Mac has just taken over main anchor so all is not gone.    Thompson has actually said on numerous occasions he doesn't even like football anymore.

Scott McDonald and Kenny Miller would be in the studio every week if it wasn't for him moving back home.  The worst was having Simon Donnelly and Kenny Miller both covering the Celtic Rangers game talking shite then they turn up in the studio too.

I'm not completely against old pros as I like Mikey Stewart and Pat Nevin, even can tolerate Derek Ferguson but the main problem for me now is they all seem to be coming in because of old firm background instead of getting people in who are enthusiastic and want to talk all things Scottish Football. -  Get Tom English in the bin now too while we are at.

200.gif

Nah, you want impartial pundits, not fans of one of the clubs and/or agents representing a bunch of the players they're talking about. If you don't know enough about every single Premiership club to be able to cover their game, you've got absolutely no place on the prime BBC show.