Sportsound Watch

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Instead we got a fairly dull 1-0 from two teams who will play each other at least three times more in the league and could meet in the Scottish Cup.

Sorry but this is a very lazy way of looking at it. There was over 5000 there today with a  decent away crowd, Robinson is still well known at Motherwell who have a 16 year old hot prospect scoring of late for them. Add in they are two teams who look to be on the up and geographically close there were multiple decent reasons to broadcast this game, you are just moaning for the sake of moaning really.

Edited by gannonball

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Sorry but this is a very lazy way of looking at it. There was over 5000 there today with a  decent away crowd, Robinson is still well known at Motherwell who have a 16 year old hot prospect scoring of late for them. Add in they are two teams who look to be on the up and geographically close there was multiple decent reasons to broadcast this game, you are just moaning for the sake of moaning really.

What was lazy was the selection of that game.

Are you saying there were no youth prospects in the other games? How many more times will Airdrie play Ross County this season? How many times did they play last season?

Are Airdrie and Ross County not on the up? 

It was easily the pick of the ties this weekend and everyone who knows anything about Scottish football outside of a tiny, narrow bubble knew this.

Sportsound (laughably and falsely) claims to represent Scottish football. They have guys at all Premiership games each week. Why not give a team like Airdrie more coverage today rather than a stale fixture?

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What was lazy was the selection of that game.

Are you saying there were no youth prospects in the other games? How many more times will Airdrie play Ross County this season? How many times did they play last season?

Are Airdrie and Ross County not on the up? 

It was easily the pick of the ties this weekend and everyone who knows anything about Scottish football outside of a tiny, narrow bubble knew this.

Sportsound (laughably and falsely) claims to represent Scottish football. They have guys at all Premiership games each week. Why not give a team like Airdrie more coverage today rather than a stale fixture?

Just calling stuff dull/stale over and over again doesn't mean it is. And judging by other posts from you this week you seem to be unable to comprehend others might have different opinions to you. I get why you think the Airdrie game would have been a decent match, I get why BBC Scotland chose the St.Mirren game. There is no hard and fast answer though.

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

And judging by other posts from you this week you seem to be unable to comprehend others might have different opinions to you.

Nah, using one example of me disagreeing with someone can't be extrapolated to insult me and to try to belittle my point.

I stand by my argument that they lazily picked the game today when a more obviously better and interesting one was there, and other seem to agree. That the Airdrie game proved to be far more interesting than a stale game isn't a surprise to many people.

Edited by DA Baracus

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah, using one example of me disagreeing with someone can't be extrapolated to insult me and to try to belittle my point.

I stand by my argument that they lazily picked the game today when a more obviously better and interesting one was there, and other seem to agree. That the Airdrie game proved to be far more interesting than a stale game isn't a surprise to many people.

Sorry but you had that bizarre rant a few days ago about a goalkeeper getting a team of the week award  based on a scoreline. You also were moaning earlier on today in the Sportscene thread about a pundit just suggesting the Killie Celtic game could be the pick of the ties. From the outside it looks like you have issues with people who don't have the exact same viewpoint as you, but admittedly I have seen plenty of your posts before and not really noticed it so you might just be having one of those weeks.

Edited by gannonball

16 hours ago, gannonball said:

Sorry but you had that bizarre rant a few days ago about a goalkeeper getting a team of the week award  based on a scoreline. You also were moaning earlier on today in the Sportscene thread about a pundit just suggesting the Killie Celtic game could be the pick of the ties. From the outside it looks like you have issues with people who don't have the exact same viewpoint as you, but admittedly I have seen plenty of your posts before and not really noticed it so you might just be having one of those weeks.

Nah, you're attempting to create a silly narrative here. Suggests a bit of projection.

It's an Internet football forum. Of course folk have different opinions. I don't try and make up pish about folk who disagree with me in a daft attempt to make out that they're an unreasonable tit though. You seem to be very close to suggesting that I'm 'seething or some other silly nonsense.

P.S. I absolutely stand by that the Sevco goalie shouldn't have been in the team of the week. 

Edited by DA Baracus

Cup games are surely the chance to focus on something a bit different. Lower league team at home to Premier team is an easy choice from a small pool of 3pm kick offs yesterday. 

Of course, yourself never normally get St Mirren- Motherwell as your live match of a Premiership as inevitably they'll be showcasing the latest OF cakewalk, 

DA's hardly making an unreasonable point, here.

16 minutes ago, morrison said:

Cup games are surely the chance to focus on something a bit different. Lower league team at home to Premier team is an easy choice from a small pool of 3pm kick offs yesterday. 

Of course, yourself never normally get St Mirren- Motherwell as your live match of a Premiership as inevitably they'll be showcasing the latest OF cakewalk, 

DA's hardly making an unreasonable point, here.

I had no issue regarding as to why he thought he the Airdrie game should be on and agreed with certain points but belittling other ties with 'dull' etc just wasn't really true when you dig in to them. 

Edited by gannonball

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Allan Preston - “Scottish teams don’t get to play enough competitive games before European ties start”

Sounds like an argument for the European qualifiers to play in the League Cup group stage.