Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Whenever either of the Glasgow clubs have a Champions League tie to play and they are already certain to finish 4th (or in the days when 3rd didn't get you a drop down), I can't imagine they'd be getting a perfunctory build-up, it would be treated the same as the other group games. 

I guess we'll find out when Celtic play Feyenoord. I think I already know the answer

Kenny McIntyre just been on previewing today’s programme and yet again spends half the time going on about the bloody song that will be played.

If I want music, I will just switch on the Craig Charles Funk & Soul Show. I usually do anyway on a Saturday - but fitba chat, regardless of how inane and shock-jockish the show has become, will normally delay this.

A song on Sportsound remains as welcome as a turd in a sugar bowl.

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Are there ever any guests on to pick songs that don't have a Rangers connection?

Open All Mics again today, I don't need to look at the fixture list to know that Rangers and Celtic must be playing tomorrow. They're not even pretending anymore.

You've lost me here. There is a commentary game.

20 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

FFS, they’ve only gone & sent eh, Jane, eh, Lewis to the European Championship draw.

The singular worst presenter on the BBC, guaranteed she’ll stutter & stammer her way through an interview, getting names wrong, and asking the most utterly banal, obvious questions

Steals a living. 

ffs draw ruined for me now.  Would rather watch in Romanian. 

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

FFS, they’ve only gone & sent eh, Jane, eh, Lewis to the European Championship draw.

The singular worst presenter on the BBC, guaranteed she’ll stutter & stammer her way through an interview, getting names wrong, and asking the most utterly banal, obvious questions

Jane Lewis interviewed Clarke and mentioned the 'difficult travel' between Munich, Cologne and Stuttgart.

4 hours ago, David W said:

Michael Stewart is an absolute idiot.

How about Radio Scotland force their pundits to learn the laws of the game?

Is this about the offside / foul thing in the Killie Hearts game? Haven't seen the incident, but it sounded like a completely fine decision which they were trying desperately to turn into some kind of talking point. 

25 minutes ago, CoF said:

Is this about the offside / foul thing in the Killie Hearts game? Haven't seen the incident, but it sounded like a completely fine decision which they were trying desperately to turn into some kind of talking point. 

I haven’t seen the “incident” in question, but he was arguing that yellow or red card offences should be judged less harshly if they happen when the ball is dead. Because it happened after an offside had been given.

As if elbowing someone in the face or lunging two-footed is somehow not so bad if the play’s already been stopped for something else.

6 hours ago, David W said:

Michael Stewart is an absolute idiot.

How about Radio Scotland force their pundits to learn the laws of the game?

There's been plenty of time when the pundits have said "I know that's the rules now/you can't tackle like that these days, but for me that isn't a foul".

As if their personal opinion matters in terms of the rules.

Also, a lot of the "you can't tackle these days!!!!!" challenges would have been red cards in their days too. In the World Cup in 86 Uruguay had a man sent off in the first couple of minutes for a dreadful 'challenge'.

2 hours ago, CoF said:

My main issue with that incident is that the Hearts player was miles off. I get the idea that assistant referees flag late if it's marginal, so if a goal is scored, and they're wrong, we get a goal. However, this wasn't marginal, it was obvious. So if the flag goes up, the whistle blows, the play stops and Dennis doesn't go flying in and there's no controversy.

Only in Scottish fitba though, would a keeper be booked, then checked by VAR for a possible red, and then get a free kick.

Officials have to flag late. They are told to do this. They don't make the rules, they just try to enforce them. 

Were an official to flag early they'd find themselves marked down and demoted.

If a player was to be injured in a challenge and an official then flagged for offside then said injury isn't the fault of the official.

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Officials have to flag late. They are told to do this. They don't make the rules, they just try to enforce them. 

If a player was to be injured in a challenge and an official then flagged for offside then said injury isn't the fault of the official.

Are they really told to flag late when it’s blindingly obviously offside?

It’s a nonsense either way. For tight calls it makes sense but that’s it.

48 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I wasn't disputing that. I thought that was obvious.