Sportsound Watch

2 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

'To be fair...'

'To be honest with you...'

'All credit to [insert name of routinely defeated wee diddy team here], but...'

Simon Jordan's favourite response in conversation on Talksport is "Let's have it straight".

4 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Simon Jordan's favourite response in conversation on Talksport is "Let's have it straight".

Bit ironic considering the convoluted waffle he often comes out with. Pretty sure the sound bites for his program say 'straight talking' when he is anything but.

Note to self let Kenny macintyres constant ‘Neil warnock is going to be ABSOLUTELY BOX OFFICE’ influence my opinion on Neil warnocks managerial performance. 

But it did have me wishing we’d appointed someone else. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Note to self let Kenny macintyres constant ‘Neil warnock is going to be ABSOLUTELY BOX OFFICE’ influence my opinion on Neil warnocks managerial performance. 

But it did have me wishing we’d appointed someone else. 

There was a bit I caught last nighg where he used "big big" 3 times in under a minute.

40 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

There was a bit I caught last nighg where he used "big big" 3 times in under a minute.

Yes, that's the only superlative he seems to know. "Kenny Mac" is a big, big irritation on the radio and a big, big waste of the license fee.

10 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

When Kheredine interviews Clement I don't know who's side I'm on.

Terrible interviewer up against a coach who goes out of his way to be an arsehole about pretty much any question he's asked.

I've had to put it off.

Wonder how Kheredine is feeling after his favourite tennis player very publicly flamed on Twitter because of an article he'd written 😂

On 05/02/2024 at 17:28, Salvo Montalbano said:

Always amazes me the amount of (admittedly thick) footballers, past and present, who will post photos of themselves watching live games via Kodi boxes and the like. Often seems to be an injured Chelsea player. 

One of the caley players makes a tidy sum punting fire sticks.

Switched on to hear the report on the Caley game but noticed KMaC couldn't wait to get onto the big, big match between Ranjurs and, and, er, wee team, something United.

They read out the two team lines, and KMAC asked 'So, Rory, whorrabout that Ranjurs team?'

Loy actually had the decency to break ranks and actually mention Ayr United ('I don't know much about them') even though KMAC hadn't asked about them. Then they went on about how brulliant Ranjurs were now, and how brulliant the new manager was and how brulliant the atmosphere was at the ground noo.

If only a Sportsound pundit had the bottle to say something like, 'Yes, but we know how fickle are the of supporters when even one result goes against them and, about that atmosphere, you have to question some of the things, including the songs, that fuel it...'

Edited by KirkieRR

On 07/02/2024 at 08:36, Stylish Kid said:

Wonder how Kheredine is feeling after his favourite tennis player very publicly flamed on Twitter because of an article he'd written 😂

Oh without doubt , the end of a beautiful live affair, 

18 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Just discovered Kenny McIntyre is a Rangers fan from Mull

Explains a lot tbh

It's very rainjursy, I just listened to the podcast of yesterday's show it was 33 minutes long, amazing work by the production staff to squeeze the rest of the manager interviews and reaction of the other games into roughly 5 minutes.