Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, Lurkst said:

Thought Off The Ball had overrun for a minute. Has Bradshaw been promoted/demoted?

He's only standing in unfortunately. 

This has been good so far. They are talking about today's league cup matches and the Scottish open. No mention of Ibrix or Fee-leap Claw-mon. 

Honestly. I'm about a minute from putting this off.

Can someone tell Bradshaw he's presenting a radio show, not having a chat in the pub.

He asks a question, says "yeah, yeah, yeah" over the answer for five seconds before interrupting with a stupid follow-up question before the other person has finished answering.

Stop it! 🤣

12 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

He's only standing in unfortunately. 

This has been good so far. They are talking about today's league cup matches and the Scottish open. No mention of Ibrix or Fee-leap Claw-mon. 

Agreed, actually going around the grounds and discussing lower league teams. Had forgotten they existed with McIntyre 

They really need to get Gordon Duncan from Sportsound. 

No open all mics or reports from over games was piss poor too.  It's actually the league cup that they will all be jizzing over come the Final.  Why not give some coverage to the lower league teams in the comp'? 

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Honestly. I'm about a minute from putting this off.

Can someone tell Bradshaw he's presenting a radio show, not having a chat in the pub.

He asks a question, says "yeah, yeah, yeah" over the answer for five seconds before interrupting with a stupid follow-up question before the other person has finished answering.

Stop it! 🤣

Was much better than McIntrye talking about var and ibrix all afternoon.   Guaranteed if that cock was on there would be reports from the currants friendly. 

Probably just because I was keen for some domestic coverage but I really quite enjoyed it yesterday.

Wasn't like they got as deep into the lower league stuff as they could have . Once the commentary came on from "the bigger teams" there were just a few score updates.

A refreshing lack of "Ibrix" "Dindee" "Vee Ayy Arr" and everything being "big!" No Michael Stewart and Tom English arguing like bairns was also welcome.

6 hours ago, Big Gus said:

Probably just because I was keen for some domestic coverage but I really quite enjoyed it yesterday.

Wasn't like they got as deep into the lower league stuff as they could have . Once the commentary came on from "the bigger teams" there were just a few score updates.

A refreshing lack of "Ibrix" "Dindee" "Vee Ayy Arr" and everything being "big!" No Michael Stewart and Tom English arguing like bairns was also welcome.

Michael Stewart being kept busy on Premier for next couple of weeks and English probably still recovering from Glasgow winning the rugby.

Live programme from Hibs v Queens Park tonight with token coverage of the other games. No reporters elsewhere and only occasional score updates. No results of the penalty shoot-outs have been read out so far (currently 9.56pm) - I read about Motherwell's penalty result about 10 minutes ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Games all over the place with meaning and fighting each other for the best second places. 

A perfect set up for open all mics, and yet we have a live commentary. Awful stuff. 

...and the commentary is at Easter Road which was always going to be a cruise. 😑

During the post-5pm discussion, Willie Miller was asked a question about Dundee and somehow managed to make his answer about Aberdeen.

Willie Miller needs told to stop saying .. "you know". He can say, you know, six or seven  ..  er .. you know, times in a minute.  Surely he must have been made aware of this by his supervisor and told to stop it.  Quite astonishing amount of "you knows" he can cram into his speech. Is he being er.. you know.. sponsored to keep saying it. 

1 hour ago, Mark scott said:

Willie Miller needs told to stop saying .. "you know". He can say, you know, six or seven  ..  er .. you know, times in a minute.  Surely he must have been made aware of this by his supervisor and told to stop it.  Quite astonishing amount of "you knows" he can cram into his speech. Is he being er.. you know.. sponsored to keep saying it. 

Maybe hes got a deal with this lot:

https://youknow.co.nz

I see the podcast from yesterday is just an interview with Willie collum and none of the post match stuff. Would it kill them to do both? 

This can’t be a labour intensive feat of editing.