Sportsound Watch

Aberdeen v Hearts. Brian McLaughlin starts off interview with DM.

“So Derek what do you think of Gerrard and will he raise the profile of Scottish Football”

“Derek is this weekend the first time you’ll be cheering a Celtic win”.

State Broadcaster media folks.....

No way. Surely this didn't happen.

7 hours ago, G-MAN said:

“So Derek what do you think of Gerrard and will he raise the profile of Scottish Football”

I seem to remember McInnes getting asked a question in a pre-match interview regarding one of the cheeks earlier in the season or possibly last season and he responded with words to the effect of, "I couldn't give a flying f**k m8, it's got nothing to do with me, Aberdeen or this game".

Obviously I'm paraphrasing slightly but that is the gist of what he was trying to say. 

It was a disgraceful interview - Derek McInnes did well not to answer the questions but still be professional.

Hope Derek McInnes had a word with Brian McLaughlin after the game.

22 minutes ago, betting competition said:

It was a disgraceful interview - Derek McInnes did well not to answer the questions but still be professional.

Hope Derek McInnes had a word with Brian McLaughlin after the game.

I disagree. He should have said something along the lines of 'Why are you asking me this? What on earth has it to do with the Aberdeen v Hearts game you're here to cover?' It's about time journos were put in their place, politely or otherwise, when they start their nonsense. They'd soon stop.

He was asked about gerrard in the pre match press conference too. The journalist was told that he was here to talk about Aberdeen hearts and not speculation on any other club.

In other words, get to f**k.

In Chick Young's absurd prattling about Alex Smith yesterday, he said that "football royalty" was present to wish him well.  He started the list with "Campbell Money".

Aye, and the last name on his list of "royalty" was Michael Watt.

And he’s royalty?

He was on Chico's list of "Scottish football royalty" who had turned out to say goodbye to Alex Smith. Tbf to Micky Watt I'm sure he's a fine guy and everything, but with 100-odd senior appearances.... royalty, nah.

Enjoyed the analysis of last night's game and the preview of tonight's games on the show this evening  

Jokes. They literally never once mentioned last night's games or even said that there are games on tonight

56 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Enjoyed the analysis of last night's game and the preview of tonight's games on the show this evening  

Hide contents

Jokes. They literally never once mentioned last night's games or even said that there are games on tonight

To be fair they  did mention " tonights " football with about 5 minutes left of the show .. Only to have that squeeky Lawrenson fellow mention the Roma  v Liverpool game , which was the perfect excuse to bring up another conversation about Gerrard ..:lol: Again.. 

Off topic, but is there a bigger bunch of minters than the c***s who phone Superscoreboard and say, “Can I speak to Derek, please?”

The ones that say,

I was listening to Derek earlier and I agree.......

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Hide contents

Same as the sports report on Radio Scotland news on Wednesday morning. Detailed preview on Roma v Liverpool including report from someone in Rome. Cursory mention of  the result of Dunfermline v Dundee United and no mention of the other four play off games. On Radio Scotland