Sportsound Watch

Guest Moomintroll

Given the permaraging stance the Daily Fail have about everything BBC related down here, someone needs to draw their attention to how much their Scottish outpost squanders on imbeciles like Bonner and Miller. Bonus points if you can tie them in to a remainer stance.

3 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Willie has stopped trying to be impartial and the BBC just goes with it , probably because he’s cheep and his travelling expenses are the lowest amongst the pundits. 

I imagine him wanking furiously into an Aberdeen tissue whilst delivering his monologues on the reds tbh 

There’s quite a lot that I would take exception to in your post, but really, come on, surely even you know that you don’t get Aberdeen tissues.

16 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Willie Miller is an utter knob.

WJdt7Ad.png

15 hours ago, blackislekillie said:

The Willie Miller Aberdeen fanboy act is fucking nauseating.

lVWkJWB.png

15 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Willie has stopped trying to be impartial and the BBC just goes with it , probably because he’s cheep and his travelling expenses are the lowest amongst the pundits. 

I imagine him wanking furiously into an Aberdeen tissue whilst delivering his monologues on the reds tbh 

Pz6VpTo.png

On 12/20/2018 at 10:29, TheScarf said:

It's like Willie Miller admitting he doesn't research any teams.  I'd imagine he's too busy practicing his bunker play all week.

FN3Qtdw.jpg

Yesterday the Celtic game was the commentary game ( I assume for the visiting fans who don't want to pay £28?) As anyone with any interest in Celtic could have been at Celtic park yesterday. However when I got back to the car they were heading towards the news and then spent a quarter of an hour talking about the game they had just covered for 90 mins (and the pre match guff) and that was of no interest to anyone other than the team of folk from the beeb at Celtic park.

Post match should be a quick round up of all the scores and match action at 5 past 5 when most folk are back in their cars and that would take them up to half 5, rather than bleating on and on about a game they have just spent the best part of 2 hours talking about and then rush everything else. 

Can Celtic TV not try and get Pat Bonnar and Scott McDonald into their coverage to save us all the hassle.

You think ?

Always find he tries too hard to not show any bias toward us.

Yesterday for example, first half was so one sided except for a couple of Hearts set pieces. We were in total control.
Yet Willie at HT claimed AFC were playing to hold out for the 1-0 and Hearts were playing the better football and unlucky to be behind.....

You think ?

Yesterday for example, first half was so one sided except for a couple of Hearts set pieces. We were in total control.
Yet Willie at HT claimed AFC were playing to hold out for the 1-0 and Hearts were playing the better football and unlucky to be behind.....

I think anyone accusing miller of bias is being incredibly obvious, and actually just a bit thick.

He calls it like he sees it. Obviously he wants Aberdeen to do well but it doesn't stop him slaughtering them when they're pish, or calling them lucky when he thinks they are.

I'm glad they're all quite open about the clubs they support. It would be fucking weird if they tried to hide it.

25 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

You think ?

Guess it’s all about opinions but the majority on here see Willie and Pat for the biased arses that they are, which is symptomatic of the BBC pundits .

Maybe im just jealous that there’s is no Killie supporting poorly performing pundit 

We’ve perhaps only got Spiers tbf 

Saturday was surely a spoof show, it was like a fly on the wall documentary in an old folks home.

Highlights included Willie Miller anouncing "Hearts have had a second player sent off",

The studio trying to remind him that Naismith had been subbed not red carded

and Willie arguing with them.

We also had Derek Ferguson who always sounds like a 7 year old reading out his homework .

This week saw Derek articulately describing a penalty at Hamilton v Kilmarnock,

Mr Fergusons amazing description of the award and the taking of the penalty was top drawer,

Although the studio did have to intervene to find out who the penalty was for.

Chic spoke about Chic and Pat Bonner had locked himself in the toilet.

The only saving grace is Richard Gordon and I'm pretty sure he is only doing it for the carers allowance he must get for looking after the others.

Guess it’s all about opinions but the majority on here see Willie and Pat for the biased arses that they are, which is symptomatic of the BBC pundits .
Maybe im just jealous that there’s is no Killie supporting poorly performing pundit 
We’ve perhaps only got Spiers tbf 
Putting miller and Bonner in the same breath is absolutely ridiculous.

Bonner, as far as I can tell, contributes nothing. He's their replacement murdo mcleod. A Celtic man, and that's about it.

Miller does no research but his analysis of the actual game is very good - and the content of his analysis reveals no bias (his voice night give away emotion but he's contributing a lot of football knowledge).

It absolutely does my head in when we visit a ground because something has happened and the person with a microphone in the ground is unable to convey exactly what's happened.

I often catch a few minutes in the car for instance, having not been following the programme throughout.  I'm therefore not necessarily familiar with who's covering which game.  Similarly, I don't necessarily recognise the name of every player for every team on a given Saturday.  I wouldn't imagine that makes me unique.

The primary job of the pundit is to take of advantage of being there, to convey basic information to those who aren't.  So often, these basics don't emerge for ages, or even at all.

It's a pretty fundamental part of effective communication, to put yourself in the shoes of your audience, but it's beyond half of them.  When the medium is radio and all we've got is the spoken voice, it's pretty important that that voice tells us the most important bits of information from the outset.

12 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Putting miller and Bonner in the same breath is absolutely ridiculous.

Bonner, as far as I can tell, contributes nothing. He's their replacement murdo mcleod. A Celtic man, and that's about it.

Miller does no research but his analysis of the actual game is very good - and the content of his analysis reveals no bias (his voice night give away emotion but he's contributing a lot of football knowledge).

I'd agree with most of this.  

There's a lot about Miller that really annoys me.  His mockery of people who do research and know stuff is one.  Another is his pining to have all the biggest clubs near the top, and his contempt for the likes of Hamilton.

He can speak well though and his analysis is often interesting.  In short, he's not an utterly embarrassing cretin who insults the intelligence of every listener, simply by his very presence.

No such thing can possibly be said of Bonner.