Sportsound Watch

Sportsound covered the League Cup draw yesterday. After it was done they asked the pundits what they thought was the best tie and Mark Burchill claimed it was Rangers v Peterhead :lol:

5 hours ago, Stu said:

Sportsound covered the League Cup draw yesterday. After it was done they asked the pundits what they thought was the best tie and Mark Burchill claimed it was Rangers v Peterhead :lol:

:lol: That truly is laughable.  What a cretin.

:lol: That truly is laughable.  What a cretin.

You could tell Mark Burchill was searching for things to say that sounded academic as he's way out his depth. It's quite embarrassing the level of pundit we have on BBC sportsound. You would assume someone from that horrific organization would read this forum and see none of us listen for footballing reasons outside the fact that it is a comedy show of idiots and total pretenders.
It's not just Burchill who they've had on who struggles with speaking English. Remember last season how many times Gary Locke, Kris Boyd and Ol' Brown were on!

It begs belief that they have to scrape the very bottom of the barrel to find anyone who wants to be on the show.
Surely there is one or two ex-footballers like they have south of the border on Football Daily or MOTD that can come on and give us some decent analysis?

I don't mind Wilson, Spier's, English and K. Jackson but they are all journalists. They have a degree in writing and a grasp on language.

And can someone please tell me why Chic Young is still making my ears bleed!!!!? I thought he retired? Isn't there a youngster that needs a job?

Our footballers really are thick as mince. Is it any wonder we haven't qualified for a tournament since 98'. [emoji51]

No matter who gets put on some people will moan. As long as they do their research and know what and who they're speaking about I'm not overly bothered. Everybody has different opinions, although I can't believe Burchill said that.

The likes of Bonner who doesn't know anything apart from Celtic can gtf and likewise with Miller and Aberdeen, but anybody with a knowledge of the game and players/clubs etc is fair game imo.

English/Stewart/MacDonald/McManus are all pretty excellent IMO. Especially English who's on a level above. The likes of Wilson and Spiers are a decent listen too but I find them slightly irritating.

40 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

You could tell Mark Burchill was searching for things to say that sounded academic as he's way out his depth. It's quite embarrassing the level of pundit we have on BBC sportsound. You would assume someone from that horrific organization would read this forum and see none of us listen for footballing reasons outside the fact that it is a comedy show of idiots and total pretenders.
It's not just Burchill who they've had on who struggles with speaking English. Remember last season how many times Gary Locke, Kris Boyd and Ol' Brown were on!

It begs belief that they have to scrape the very bottom of the barrel to find anyone who wants to be on the show.
Surely there is one or two ex-footballers like they have south of the border on Football Daily or MOTD that can come on and give us some decent analysis?

I don't mind Wilson, Spier's, English and K. Jackson but they are all journalists. They have a degree in writing and a grasp on language.

And can someone please tell me why Chic Young is still making my ears bleed!!!!? I thought he retired? Isn't there a youngster that needs a job?

Our footballers really are thick as mince. Is it any wonder we haven't qualified for a tournament since 98'. emoji51.png

Journalists virtually all make far better pundits than ex-players, certainly in Scotland.

It does annoy me when they have ill informed, inarticulate dafties on, which is pretty often.

I don't actually mind Kris Boyd, but the likes of Pat Bonnar defy description.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Journalists virtually all make far better pundits than ex-players, certainly in Scotland.

It does annoy me when they have ill informed, inarticulate dafties on, which is pretty often.

I don't actually mind Kris Boyd, but the likes of Pat Bonnar defy description.

This is where you are wrong.

Burchill previewing some game next week  obviously no clue about either team and reduced to nonsense like - should be a great game as both teams will want to have a right go at it.

He then said all the goals in the league cup were good as people are always saying we have too many negative games in Scotland. Who says that? When?

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Burchill previewing some game next week  obviously no clue about either team and reduced to nonsense like - should be a great game as both teams will want to have a right go at it.

He then said all the goals in the league cup were good as people are always saying we have too many negative games in Scotland. Who says that? When?

Neil Doncaster, every single day.

10 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Nobody says that. If you want an abundance of negative games then look no further than the beloved English premier league that people are so obsessed with in this country.

Absolutely.  I find watching it incredibly dull, and last season in particular there was a lot more excitement in watching the cooncil telly Scottish Cup games. 

No matter who gets put on some people will moan. As long as they do their research and know what and who they're speaking about I'm not overly bothered. Everybody has different opinions, although I can't believe Burchill said that.

The likes of Bonner who doesn't know anything apart from Celtic can gtf and likewise with Miller and Aberdeen, but anybody with a knowledge of the game and players/clubs etc is fair game imo.

English/Stewart/MacDonald/McManus are all pretty excellent IMO. Especially English who's on a level above. The likes of Wilson and Spiers are a decent listen too but I find them slightly irritating.

The same MacDonald who summarises on Celtic games, calls Celtic "we" and promotes an "Old Firm" game at Hampden next to the Scottish Cup...

Whilst signed to Motherwell.

Total w****r if you ask me.

The same MacDonald who summarises on Celtic games, calls Celtic "we" and promotes an "Old Firm" game at Hampden next to the Scottish Cup...

Whilst signed to Motherwell.

Total w****r if you ask me.

Not once have I heard him say that. And if he's getting paid to do that can you blame him? Big deal

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not once have I heard him say that. And if he's getting paid to do that can you blame him? Big deal

I don't actually mind McDonald, but it's no surprise that you'd be fine with someone aligning themselves with Celtic; while apparently affiliated to a diddy club.

On 1 August 2016 at 22:51, 1320Lichtie said:

Spot on here. michael Stewart is excellent as is English and Tam McManus what a find he has been for Sportsound really enjoy listening to him knows his stuff and very witty with it. It's funny how you picture someone to be in your head (a wee ned) what a shock when I heard him talk!! 

These guys will always have people moaning but as long as give a clear and honest opinion and don't fence sit or pander to Old Firm then not much else can do.

I don't actually mind McDonald, but it's no surprise that you'd be fine with someone aligning themselves with Celtic; while apparently affiliated to a diddy club.

Or just doing something for an easy pay check. I find it astonishing that anybody would have a go at MacDonald for that. Second bit... Zzzzz.