Sportsound Watch

Just now, paranoid android said:

Doncaster said exactly what we knew he'd say: there's been no wrong-doing, and everything's fine.

Gordon let Doncaster off the hook - I had to answer the phone during his interview - did Stewart or English question Doncaster?

No the terms he put going on was a one on one interview

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

If you missed it - And it'll no doubt be edited to save Tom English & Richard Gordon's blushes in the podcast - click here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_scotland_fm

Scroll back to 14:15.

Couldn't be clearer and more concise than that imo.

these guys are scottlish football pundits.  They actually have no clue about how the SPFL is set up, run, governed and manage money.  If only they had had some time away from a  heavy fixture list to do some research

I'm still stunned that Neil Doncaster managed to come out looking top notch in what was supposed to be a grilling. Tom English who is loved on here (And I respected him too) has had the nightmare of all nightmares and I know I keep mentioning that, but I'm only mentioning it because I'm stunned at that's how it's played out. Would never have predicted that before this disaster.

Brilliant !

SPFL statement which is correcting the assertion in the Tom English / Budge interview where it was stated that she ok'd a loan while on the SPFL board.

Tom English was babbling earlier about "doesnt Neil Doncaster think Anne Budge knows what a loan is?"

The answer is clearly - No !!!

Its an amusing situation where Doncaster is made to look good....................

Budge has shown herself to be a shite business person when it comes to football. Not sure why Tom English is holding her up as some sort of irrefutable source who's integrity is unquestioned.

8 minutes ago, wifie said:

these guys are scottlish football pundits.  They actually have no clue about how the SPFL is set up, run, governed and manage money.  If only they had had some time away from a  heavy fixture list to do some research

We really need to redifine the term "Scottish football pundit" .

It's come down to a silly semantic argument about what constitutes a loan/advance, etc - I think the whole loan thing may be bit of a red herring.

Interesting that the loans story broke just ahead of Doncaster finally giving an interview - relatively easy questions for him to answer repeatedly. 

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Brilliant !

SPFL statement which is correcting the assertion in the Tom English / Budge interview where it was stated that she ok'd a loan while on the SPFL board.

Tom English was babbling earlier about "doesnt Neil Doncaster think Anne Budge knows what a loan is?"

The answer is clearly - No !!!

Its an amusing situation where Doncaster is made to look good....................

Richard Gordon even read out the quote from Budge on air after the interview:

"[It was] in my early days as a director. I genuinely can't remember the club involved, but a club required an advance. We discussed it [as a board], it wasn't contentious, everybody agreed and we moved on. It sticks in my mind. Can you give a loan to a club? Yes you can. And I know that for a fact."

Which clearly says a) they approved an advance and b) you can give loans. Not that they actually gave a loan during her time on the board.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Budge has shown herself to be a shite business person when it comes to football.

Bit unfair mate, she delivered that new stand on time, on budget and it is the envy of every other club...............................

Spoiler

budgie.jpeg.d0fb4b5b457ec2b623e5eb1d4a6fdae7.jpegjose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png