Sportsound Watch

Granpaw Broon on yesterday talking about Malta not having any star players anymore and that they "used" to have a guy called Michael Mifsud who had scored more international goals than Law and Dalglish but that they didn't have him anymore.

Cue the 89th minute substitution............

23 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Actually it's more to do with the fact that 1. Wilshire is separated from the mother of his kids and he only gets limited access to them, and 2. Roma wouldn't guarantee him a start.  Roma were willing to pay a £4million loan fee, which is far more than Bournemouth will be contributing.  Source: Guardian Football Weekly podcast.

I heard that on the podcast too.  In my defence, the story I spun came from a reputable journalist (I just can't remember now who it was now).  The point still stands re Ferguson though, obviously.  Celtic would have had to get close to £90k a week to have any chance of getting him.

23 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

He's a total embarrassment, wish he would gtf

Also said that he's desperate for Scotland to qualify so he can go as a fan with his "tammy and scarf".

Imagine finding yourself standing beside that old bawbag. It's worth not qualifying if that's the risk.

Didn't hear Craig Brown's his interview, but I presume it was the same one where they got the quotes on the Red Button / BBC website etc. about about how only getting 1pt wouldn't be a bad result? He seems to say this before any away qualifier regardless of the opposition, incidentally. Clearly getting 1pt v bottom seeds would be a bad result.

4 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Also said that he's desperate for Scotland to qualify so he can go as a fan with his "tammy and scarf".

Imagine finding yourself standing beside that old bawbag. It's worth not qualifying if that's the risk.

Worth praying for a cold summer in Russia.

F**k sake. It's as tragic as it is predictable.
Tuesday night, 4 days to the first bigotfest of the season and on Sportsound this evening they've a silly wee game on between an ex Celtic and an ex Oldco player to fart about and try pick a select from the two squads prior to Saturday !!!

Who thinks this shit up??? Tragic

I don't get why we mump and moan about the OF so much. I'd love them to both f**k off as much as the next guy but if you're expecting the radio not to be building up the Derby 4 days before it occurred then you're deluded.

I'd expect the same if it was a Dundee Derby (Not that we'd get the coverage) but it is what it is.

The nature of the beast is that the scummy b*****ds on either side of the OF bring in the big numbers in regards to tuning in.

Shame Allan Preston wasn't on tonight given Robert Snodgrass' comments about him.

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Sorry but I have no idea who Jeff Tarango is; can anyone enlighten me?

He's probably most famous on these shores for having an epic meltdown while playing at Wimbledon in the 1990s.

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think the fact that Sweary tennis champ Jeff Tarango doesn't know what the old firm is, probably needs some context. On second thought, perhaps it doesn't.

He was on as a guest(about Andy Murray obviously) and they were seeing if an American knew about the OF. It was a scientific study to gauge the global appeal/knowledge of the OF.

41 minutes ago, Apollo King said:

Yep, brilliant ,  the response of "old firm , what's that , can you spell it please" was brilliant , they could not get him off the line quick enough after that .

Aye. Punted quick sharp :lol:

He was on as a guest(about Andy Murray obviously) and they were seeing if an American knew about the OF. It was a scientific study to gauge the global appeal/knowledge of the OF.

f**k all appeal/knowledge then?

I don't get why we mump and moan about the OF so much. I'd love them to both f**k off as much as the next guy but if you're expecting the radio not to be building up the Derby 4 days before it occurred then you're deluded.

I'd expect the same if it was a Dundee Derby (Not that we'd get the coverage) but it is what it is.

The nature of the beast is that the scummy b*****ds on either side of the OF bring in the big numbers in regards to tuning in.

Commercial station reliant on listeners maybe.

This is our National Broadcaster, paid for by us, the prog will survive regardless of figures.

Laughable that a certain new club thinks there is BIAS against them. The Blue Bigot cocksucking by the BBC has certainly ramped up over the last few weeks to unbearable levels.

They are completely obsessed by Barton.

Should be discussing how they can afford 25K a week wages for a start....

Wont tune in but hope its 6-0 at least...

At half time

No problem with them speaking about the OF considering it's the game Saturday, let's face it it is a big game in Scottish terms there's no denying that... BUT I really wish they would tone it down a bit. I've not heard it yet but Tom English was taking stick for 'talking the Scottish game down' on Twitter tonight, so I look forward to hearing what he said. Balanced and fair as per usual I imagine. Hopefully he will be the voice of reason to calm the rest of them down.

Celebrating seperatism, bigotry, hatred and violence.

The opposite of what the future Scotland could be.

Even on Five Live the excitement at the thought of the scum coming to the English leagues earlier.

As if Manchester never happened....

How shor the memories are of the MSM

Wonder how many places all over the world will switch off after 30 mins to watch the Manchester derby.