Sportsound Watch

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The factual errors annoy me quite a bit as well! Cowan today thought Sammy The Tammy's tank routine against Raith was during the Iraq war. It was in 2010.

It's every week.

They're all over the place when they attempt to recount anything.  Most irritating.

To be fair, it was in the paper that Dolce and Gabanna apparently sent a threatening letter to D&G but the courts rightly realised that nobody would confuse a global fashion house with a bunch of mechanics and the complaint was thrown out. They're certainly not plumbers though. 

As for Off the Ball in general, I don't know if it's too many Old Firm guests, too long a show, or Cosgrove being missing a bit more often than before but it's went from a must-listen on a Saturday to one that I often end up sticking a CD or something instead of listening to on the way to the game.

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I personally love OTB. Really missed Mr Cosgrove today though and the guests were below par. Not the best. Be back to its best next week i hope 

37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I personally love OTB. Really missed Mr Cosgrove today though and the guests were below par. Not the best. Be back to its best next week i hope

Thought Tam McManus was good he's not on it enough IMO 

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

On Sportsound, was there a reason they didn't have a commentary game yesterday?

And do we believe they still wouldn't have had a commentary game if they and Sevco weren't in the huff with each other?

They had that Shinty match that they cover every year, so yes.

Despite "the ongoing situation between the club and the BBC" meaning they are not covering the The Rangers games, they still proceeded to talk exclusively about the Joey Barton situation for at least the first 30 minutes of yesterday's programme. Still, Celtic weren't playing, so I guess that figures. 

18 minutes ago, Slacker said:

They had that Shinty match that they cover every year, so yes.

The shinty was only on Nan Gael, which is only ever acknowledged as carrying Sportsound when it has a unique commentary, or is the home of OAM for the week. 

810MW and 92-95FM both carried OAM yesterday, when one could have had commentary as is usual. 

16 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Despite "the ongoing situation between the club and the BBC" meaning they are not covering the The Rangers games, they still proceeded to talk exclusively about the Joey Barton situation for at least the first 30 minutes of yesterday's programme. Still, Celtic weren't playing, so I guess that figures. 

They also asked Hibs manager Neil Lennon for his thoughts on the situation. 

Sportsound is becoming a parody of itself. 

50 minutes ago, The Master said:

The shinty was only on Nan Gael, which is only ever acknowledged as carrying Sportsound when it has a unique commentary, or is the home of OAM for the week. 

810MW and 92-95FM both carried OAM yesterday, when one could have had commentary as is usual. 

Surprising. I was on FM and Richard Gordon said "there's no live match commentary today obviously as we're bringing you live commentary of the annual Shinty", so that was the reason given. 

The Barton chat was pretty funny. Full on hatred from all the pundits with examples from Derek Ferguson about how disruptive he's been in the dressing room,( team meetings now last over an hour!).

The biggest fear is that once he's binned by Sevco he'll be straight on Goals on Sunday slagging off Scottish football.

Thought for the day is just imagine the post break up sex Rangers Int and the BBC are going to have when they finally make up. If their coverage is like this when not speaking it's only going to be 10,000,000,000 times worse when their relationship is back on again.

Thought for the day is just imagine the post break up sex Rangers Int and the BBC are going to have when they finally make up. If their coverage is like this when not speaking it's only going to be 10,000,000,000 times worse when their relationship is back on again.

Same this morning.

Early morning review programme talked about the Scotlands Game prog coming to an end. They played a full 5-10 mins of uninterruped clips.

90pc of which was Souness era Rangers.....