Sportsound Watch

Favourite ferguson-isms from last night:

Coming up here he'd have knewen [known] what he was getting into :lol:

If I felt a touch, someone, touching me, I'd go down :thumbsdown

Aberdeen it's always a nasty one, goes back to the Durant thing. :bairn

The illiterate, cheating, failure getting any air time is an absolute scandal. 

This gets a big write up on the BBC sport website today. They manage to mention Ian Durrant twice!

Pittodrie isn't a nice place either supposedly.

On 20/09/2016 at 17:18, M0rtonfc said:

Ferguson mumbling on when he was asked if he would be interested in the St Mirren job if they wanted to speak with him.... "eehhh emmmm hmmm ehhhh well ye know, eeehh mmmm" fucking idiot.

Is he bored with retirement?

On 9/20/2016 at 07:35, jim999 said:

Driving to work this morning and the top story on BBC Scotland sport this morning was what Ferguson thought about Barton!!! WTF? How is that a sports headline? You wouldn't think there were big cup ties on tonight eh?

That drives me nuts and it's happening all the time.

Somehow, a story is contrived from some ex player's ill considered and informed mouthings on something put to them.  It's utterly tabloidesque in nature, but apparently it's an entirely suitable approach for a news feature on the national broadcaster.  Insulting rubbish.

On 19/09/2016 at 18:46, The Master said:

You'll get a stock response about "catering to the audience" and "responding to feedback". Your comments will also be recorded on the "audience log" (aka the bin).

Yep.

Thank you for getting in touch about Sportsound on BBC Radio Scotland.

We're sorry to hear that you feel that the programme is of a poor quality, as it has proved popular with many of our listeners. We also appreciate that different people will enjoy listening to different pundits.

That said, we’ve shared all your feedback with the Sport team here in Scotland. Furthermore, your comments have been fully registered on our daily audience log. This internal document is made available to all our production teams and senior BBC management.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

10 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Yep.

Thank you for getting in touch about Sportsound on BBC Radio Scotland.

We're sorry to hear that you feel that the programme is of a poor quality, as it has proved popular with many of our listeners. We also appreciate that different people will enjoy listening to different pundits.

That said, we’ve shared all your feedback with the Sport team here in Scotland. Furthermore, your comments have been fully registered on our daily audience log. This internal document is made available to all our production teams and senior BBC management.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

Ask them to define with what percentage of the listeners it has proved popular, and what evidence they have for making this statement. 

There is a huge problem with broadcasting/media that they seem to think high viewing/listening/readership figures are due to a quality programme rather than due to their quite often being no viable alternative. It is entirely possible for everyone in Scotland to listen to Sportsound, but for it to still be very poor quality!

Ask them to define with what percentage of the listeners it has proved popular, and what evidence they have for making this statement. 

There is a huge problem with broadcasting/media that they seem to think high viewing/listening/readership figures are due to a quality programme rather than due to their quite often being no viable alternative. It is entirely possible for everyone in Scotland to listen to Sportsound, but for it to still be very poor quality!

When its up against the electric souperscoreboard phone in then its only the best of a bad lot.

Feel free to complain about the response to my complaint. Do this via the handy BBC online complaints procedure. It's very fulfilling.

I've already had a go back at them re their response. Basically just said their complaints procedure is a waste of time and if they can't see that some of their presenters are rotten then there's no hope for them.

Roaster pundit Ferguson is obvs popular and I'm swimming against the tide of public opinion. Chick Young is a national treasure, not a sad act who has stolen a wage for years and who should have been put out to pasture. Willie Miller is a quality pundit too, despite his lack of even the most basic research on any subject he voices an opinion on.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Roaster pundit Ferguson is obvs popular and I'm swimming against the tide of public opinion. Chick Young is a national treasure, not a sad act who has stolen a wage for years and who should have been put out to pasture. Willie Miller is a quality pundit too, despite his lack of even the most basic research on any subject he voices an opinion on.

You forgot Pat Bonner and his encyclopaedic knowledge of teams outwith Celtic.

Edit: f*cking autocorrect - outwith is a word!!!!!

Edited by Mark Connolly

I'd like to know also how they define this "popular with many of our listeners" pish. Surely they're not going to have the brass neck to claim they get thousands of emails saying how good the show is and how top notch the "pundits" are?

It really, really has gone downhill recently.

I'd like to know also how they define this "popular with many of our listeners" pish. Surely they're not going to have the brass neck to claim they get thousands of emails saying how good the show is and how top notch the "pundits" are?

It really, really has gone downhill recently.

Yes, this part of their response was the bit I found most disingenuous.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Yes, this part of their response was the bit I found most disingenuous.

It's word for word almost the same response I received when I emailed them about the time they devoted to The Rangers when they were in the lower leagues compared to other teams. Especially when they were in their earlier "situation" with them, which is now happening again. They clearly have a stock response that is topped and tailed, and they just make a meagre attempt at specifying a little about what the particular complaint is about.

It just smacks of "f**k off, we're doing what we want even though we're publicly funded and there's f**k all you can do about it".