Sportsound Watch

9 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Serious question: who is the man, or woman, responsible for the sport content on Radio Scotland?

I do pay my licence fee and feel I need to at least register my lack of support for the various shit presenters (Gordon being the exception).

Evidently it's someone call Ken MacQuarrie who is in cherge of BBC Scotland, but who is the worthless, no-mark who is in charge of the present shambles on Sportsound?

I had a spare couple of minutes. Unfortunately you can't just slate the entire format, you have to pick a one-off show. Much good it'll do me.

Complaint description
There is too much coverage of Celtic and Rangers football clubs on BBC Scotland. It's a disgrace and it's been going on for years. BBC Scotland must be the most backward part of the BBC. Sportsound, on BBC Radio Scotland, is like some sort of '80s throwback. Listen to the show from 8th September. This is a good example of the amateurish format, but really you could take your pick of any Sportsound programme. Sportsound is a complete shambles. The glue holding the sport content on Radio Scotland together is Richard Gordon. Apart from him it's an omnishambles. Scotland deserves better than this and someone should be held accountable. Who is in charge of recruiting talent? He should be the first to go. Derek Ferguson, Chick Young, Wullie Miller and the likes are complete buffoons. Sort it

You'll get a stock response about "catering to the audience" and "responding to feedback". Your comments will also be recorded on the "audience log" (aka the bin).

9 minutes ago, mjw said:

Joey Barton being suspended is a bad thing for Scottish football according to tonights mumblecunt guest.

It's a bad thing for the BBC given they've doted on him so far with special features, player cams and even a dedicated live text feature.

On the other hand it's a good thing for the BBC as they can spend most of the week talking about it, while also ensuring they spend most of the rest of the time talking about Celtic for balance, and avoid bothering with anyone else.

21 minutes ago, mjw said:

Joey Barton being suspended is a bad thing for Scottish football according to tonights mumblecunt guest.

Aye I heard that. Burst out laughing. It was Barry Ferguson. Listening to him is like listening to one of those Haribo adverts

This would be a fantastic opportunity for someone to say "I think Barton has seriously underestimated the standard of football in scotland" or something similar. 

Its the truth and it's also positive about Scottish football so absolutely no chance we will hear it.

Exactly

They have said that before

Sure it was on last weeks podcast, I remember listening to it on my way to Edinburgh last Tuesday, Ferguson I think and definitely Wilson were having a go saying similar

It is funny they've done a minute by minute etc of him just a few weeks ago though, if he doesn't play again he'll go down as the biggest dud in the history of the game after the hype that he gave himself

It has been an amusing little chapter.

From the ridiculous BBC minute by minute coverage, to his poor performances overall, to his pre OF game posturing about Brown, to this latest grotty wee episode, it's been laughable.

In ten years time he'll be remembered in Scotland simply as a figure for ridicule.

What a contrast. Tom English on Five Live now discussing Barton.

Intelligent discussion with the panel.

English laying into Sevco too.

Except letting them insinuate AFC, Hearts, St J etc are League 2 level.

Work colleague today calls BBC Scotland the CBBC for their bias.....idiot

18 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

What a contrast. Tom English on Five Live now discussing Barton.

Intelligent discussion with the panel.

English laying into Sevco too.

Except letting them insinuate AFC, Hearts, St J etc are League 2 level.

Work colleague today calls BBC Scotland the CBBC for their bias.....idiot

It's his hobby....

What sort of crowds do they get in leagues 1 and 2 down there?

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm still disappointed they've never mentioned the fact our hospitality was voted better than 17 English Premiership sides...

That would also mean mentioning it was the best in Scotland and therefore better than their beloved bigots. Can't have that.

:lol: - Hearts and Aberdeen drew larger crowds than any of the 48 FL1 & FL2 clubs last season except Sheffield Utd, Bradford and Portsmouth (Aberdeen only).

I would suspect a few championship clubs too, and hibs will also be in that pot this season going on recent attendances

Hearts were above 10 of 24 Championship clubs, but Aberdeen only above 4.

EDIT: Both were also above Bournemouth in EPL.

It may be inspired by the idea that SPFL Premiership clubs can only compete financially with FL2 clubs for players but of course there's more to it than that... Some players choose to come up here as they see an opportunity to put themselves in the "shop window", or they want to play in Europe or compete for trophies. English clubs often pay above-the-odds as players/agents demand more.

Even if you dropped them into the Football League with their current squads, I'd be astonished if Hearts and Aberdeen didn't rise beyond FL2.

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye I heard that. Burst out laughing. It was Barry Ferguson. Listening to him is like listening to one of those Haribo adverts

That's strange considering he said the other day it was a good thing for Rangers: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/joey-barton-bust-up-could-8850738

Lots of big clubs in England top to bottom, lot of good clubs in England with a lot of good players top to bottom too, wouldn't write them off but also wouldn't put our own clubs down

No shame in a club like County or whatever not being as good as a Portsmouth or whatever on the pitch

Coincidentally though I'm sure Plymouth had a great season last year with guys like Graham Carey and Gregg Wylde as their star players