Sportsound Watch

14 hours ago, Loonytoons said:
15 hours ago, kingjoey said:
McIntyre has just said that Montrose won against Peterhead despite playing for the majority of the game with 10 men. Rory McAllister was sent off right on half time. However credit to him for mentioning the match and actually knowing that Montrose had someone sent off.

Pedants will point out he was correct though.

Pedants will, and have.

6 minutes ago, Oldchap said:

I'm scared of Shelley Kerr . Even when I'm sitting in my living room and she can't give me a kicking I still feel intimidated. I hate to imagine what she is like with a drink in her.

Ist that what got her mutually consented as Scotland Manager?

16 hours ago, Loonytoons said:
17 hours ago, kingjoey said:
McIntyre has just said that Montrose won against Peterhead despite playing for the majority of the game with 10 men. Rory McAllister was sent off right on half time. However credit to him for mentioning the match and actually knowing that Montrose had someone sent off.

Pedants will point out he was correct though.

Depends on how close to half time he was sent off, and how much stoppage time there was at the end of each half. 

Edited by The Master

I've listened to Sportsound once in about 5 year and it was a couple of months ago when my mate was driving us back after we beat Kelty in the League Cup group stage.  You all know the day I'm talking about, the day when Chick was adamant that Morton and Falkirk had drawn 4-4 on penalties.  It's the Mrs Brown's Boys of radio; utter fucking shite.  It's filled with barely literate ex-players and journalists who want anally fisted by Rangers football club.  Get it to fuck.

3 hours ago, The Master said:

Depends on how close to half time he was sent off, and how much stoppage time there was at the end of each half. 

I get what your getting at, and I can be the biggest pedant around at times, but no pundit or presenter would normally say that when it's virtually half of the match, and don't pretend you don't know that. 

Edited by kingjoey

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I've listened to Sportsound once in about 5 year and it was a couple of months ago when my mate was driving us back after we beat Kelty in the League Cup group stage.  You all know the day I'm talking about, the day when Chick was adamant that Morton and Falkirk had drawn 4-4 on penalties.  It's the Mrs Brown's Boys of radio; utter fucking shite.  It's filled with barely literate ex-players and journalists who want anally fisted by Rangers football club.  Get it to f**k.

season 2 episode 3 GIF by BBC

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I get what your getting at, and I can be the biggest pendant around at times, but no pundit or presenter would normally say that when it's virtually half of the match, and don't pretend you don't know that. 

Someone wears you on a necklace?

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I've listened to Sportsound once in about 5 year and it was a couple of months ago when my mate was driving us back after we beat Kelty in the League Cup group stage.  You all know the day I'm talking about, the day when Chick was adamant that Morton and Falkirk had drawn 4-4 on penalties.  It's the Mrs Brown's Boys of radio; utter fucking shite.  It's filled with barely literate ex-players and journalists who want anally fisted by Rangers football club.  Get it to f**k.

Couldn’t have been Chick Young, he was retiring after the 2014 World Cup apparently

Very rarely listen to Sportsound these days but listened to Open All Mics during the first half of the 3pm kick-offs yesterday.

By god it's dire. Kenny Macintyre saying a team has scored without saying which player scored - but he was full of information about the fact Preston had only scored twice all season. Also some utterly ridiculous debates, the highlight being Allan Preston saying Hearts are leggy and are not up to speed because they were playing friendlies while other teams got to play League Cup group games.

I tuned in for about 20 minutes on Saturday as I couldn’t get any of the Scottish streams to work online. As I put it on they must have been half way through some sort of in joke between them, as for the next 45 seconds all I heard was McIntyre and a couple of others laughing away and poking jibes at each other. Maybe if I had heard it from the start it would have been funny, but most likely not. 

Through the laughter, McIntyre eventually said something like ‘Willie, anyway, what’s going on at Dingwall?’, and Miller says ‘I don’t know, I’ve been too busy involved in talking to you hahahaha’, which kicked off another 20 seconds of banter. It took Leanne Crichton, who I assume has a feed of all the games at Pacific Quay, to start talking about a good chance Aberdeen just had, and she almost had to walk Miller through it step by step until he had given the listener some sort of idea of what was going on. 

McIntyre did read out a few goal updates from League 1 and League 2 whilst I was listening, which is an improvement, but the amount of drivel spoken in between is unreal. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

20 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I'd be surprised if any of the cast of MMB had any particularly fond feelings towards The Rangers 😂

I see again that Crackers Preston is complaining about modern football, effectively his argument about any changes boils down to "it wasn't like this in my day". WTF do his clients think?! Gilmour must treat him like a senile uncle whom he is obligated to take on days out 😵💫