Sportsound Watch

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Except it’s simply not true and you know that. This refusal to cover games involved rangers still getting more air time than 40 other spfl clubs and match commentaries done from what sounded like Kenny macintyres bedroom

I agree it’s getting worse but I feel like they must have made a conscious decision based on listening figures or something else because it’s quite frankly ridiculous coverage now. It can’t surely be just a subjective decision that this is what people really want…surely? 

They stopped covering our games, that is undeniable and proves Traynors point.

Jum Spence and the guys sticking it to Sevco every week wasn't providing an accurate and balanced coverage,  which also backs Traynors point.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Jum Spence and the guys sticking it to Sevco every week wasn't providing an accurate and balanced coverage,  which also backs Traynors point.

Ok Bennett, it’s clear when you don’t want a serious discussion so have at it. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

No they stopped attending the games. At no point did they stop covering them. They found themselves in the ridiculous situation where after a goal at Ibrox they would say something along the lines of ‘and apparently that’s Rangers 1 nil up’, as if they weren’t sitting watching a stream of it. 

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Except it’s simply not true and you know that. This refusal to cover games involved rangers still getting more air time than 40 other spfl clubs and match commentaries done from what sounded like Kenny macintyres bedroom. 

The Bedroom

image.jpeg.ee037595ac24ca62a858de51ea23a5ed.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ok Bennett, it’s clear when you don’t want a serious discussion so have at it. 

Translation.. "I've fcked this up and I'll need to deflect".

6 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

No they stopped attending the games. At no point did they stop covering them. They found themselves in the ridiculous situation where after a goal at Ibrox they would say something along the lines of ‘and apparently that’s Rangers 1 nil up’, as if they weren’t sitting watching a stream of it. 

That was hilarious. 

It used to be that the BBC didn’t get the footage from Saturday 3pm games at Ibrox (or Celtic Park, for that matter) until the following day, for reasons too tedious to go into. 

So it meant that games at Ibrox were covered by, and I quote, “monitoring social media”. Which in itself was a claim beyond parody. Then up stepped Chick Young one week, whose descriptions of events were so detailed it was obvious he was watching a dodgy stream of Rangers TV. 

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Translation.. "I've fcked this up and I'll need to deflect".

if you’re going to call anything Jim traynor says ‘undeniable’ then you’re either beyond parody, beyond help or both. In any case you can leave me out of it. 

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

if you’re going to call anything Jim traynor says ‘undeniable’ then you’re either beyond parody, beyond help or both. In any case you can leave me out of it. 

I’m sure that he’s consistent in his staunch belief that everything Jim Traynor says is “undeniable”. 

EQcVO3vWAAAU42P?format=png 

Edited by The Master

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The BBC did stop covering our games, that is undeniable. 

The BBCs coverage when it came to Rangers lacked accuracy and balance,  that is also undeniable. 

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Maybe you stopped listening, but they didn't stop covering Rangers games. They stopped sending reporters to Ibrox because one of them wasn't allowed in to do his job, but they simply covered them by one of the reporters/pundits watching their matches online and reported them in that way.

17 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Wishful thinking Sutherland had replaced McIntyre having covered last weekend. Must’ve just been on holiday.

*sigh*

I listened from 5 until the end of the show last Saturday with Jonathan Sunderland. It was like the old days. McIntyre is way too aggressive for the (w)anchor role.

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

No - the BBC never stopped covering Rangers games.  They covered every them in detail - build up and frequent "live updates" at home, and loads of live commentaries away.  They did this despite a tantrum on Rangers' part which went on for years, when they could just have given HT and FT scores.

That your club's board and fans have adopted your rivals' traditional policy of paranoid, conspiracy-theorist whinging over the past ten years is undeniable.

Yet it was the bbc who apologised for a lack of accuracy and balance when it came to Rangers, Rangers were right and that is undeniable. 

16 minutes ago, bennett said:

Yet it was the bbc who apologised for a lack of accuracy and balance when it came to Rangers, Rangers were right and that is undeniable. 

Rangers are certainly right, that is undeniable.