Sportsound Watch

18 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Despite Sevco playing tomorrow tonight, Sportsound saw fit to give Kenny McIntyre twenty minutes tonight to greet about his heroes.

Get this tabloid standard Sevco loving fraud off the presenters chair please BBC and plead Richard Gordon to return.

Finished fives at 7:30 last night hoping to hear the pre-match build up on my way home for the two games on. Nope, all about Rangers right up until kick off, who weren’t even playing until tonight.

Get Kenny McIntyre so far to f**k.

Edited by Staggie_93

On 02/11/2022 at 20:28, Lurkst said:

I was in the car earlier when Celtic got their penalty, Packy thought it was a good tackle and VAR couldn't have looked at it.  Liam McLeod had to point out that VAR will look at all penalty decisions.

This has been a real annoyance of mine since VAR has came in. Even though most people have watched English and European football with VAR for the past few years, and it’s been made abundantly clear that the VAR official will be checking EVERY decision in the background; wether that’s a bad tackle, a foul in the build up to a goal, an off the ball incident that the referee has missed etc., you still hear pundits saying things like ‘I just can’t understand why that’s not went to VAR’, as if there should be a graphic flashing up on the screen every time the VAR official communicates with the referee. 

A few Celtic fans in my work came out with similar after the handball in the Rangers Hearts game on Wednesday, asking why it didn’t go to VAR. I try not to get involved but I told them that the incident would have been looked at, because every incident is looked at, and it wasn’t deemed necessary for the referee to stop the game and review it. The handball rule is obviously a complete shambles just now, as highlighted by the past few weeks in Scottish football, but in my opinion that wasn’t a handball by the Rangers player due to the speed and distance the ball travelled before hitting him (That’s just my opinion of how I think the handball rule should be applied, im aware that the officials have other factors to consider).

I can forgive fans coming out and not understanding how VAR works, but surely to god the people who are paid to talk about our game can grasp the fact that not every single contentious decision is going to require an on-field review. It’s actually good for the game if VAR works away in the background, making decisions quickly without interrupting the flow of the game, although it’s rarely happened so far.

On 09/11/2022 at 08:58, DA Baracus said:

Unless Cove fire him, Richard Gordon won't be back for the Saturday shows.

I put Sportsound on when I was driving back from the game on Wednesday night and was pleasantly surprised to hear him hosting the show. The difference in quality between him and McIntyre is genuinely laughable. 

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I put Sportsound on when I was driving back from the game on Wednesday night and was pleasantly surprised to hear him hosting the show. The difference in quality between him and McIntyre is genuinely laughable. 

Aye he does most shows when Cove aren't playing. 

I shouldn't be, but I was flabberghasted by the half-time discussion led by Kenny Old Firm Macintyre this lunchtime. Naturally it didn't sound like St Mirren were even playing but the plaintiveness of his questions - it actually sounded like 'It's no fair, Ranjurs should be better than diddy teams like this, why is Kent rubbish when he shouldnae, be, eh?'

To be fair , Leanne and Michael seemed a bit embarrassed to be directed that way but Neil McCann was lapping it up.

38 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I shouldn't be, but I was flabberghasted by the half-time discussion led by Kenny Old Firm Macintyre this lunchtime. Naturally it didn't sound like St Mirren were even playing but the plaintiveness of his questions - it actually sounded like 'It's no fair, Ranjurs should be better than diddy teams like this, why is Kent rubbish when he shouldnae, be, eh?'

To be fair , Leanne and Michael seemed a bit embarrassed to be directed that way but Neil McCann was lapping it up.

Heard McIntyre following Van Bronckhorst’s fairly passive interview. Tears & snotters.

“An’ an’ an THAT for ME just sums up what we’ve seen from HIM and HIS TEAM in recent weeks!!!!” 

2 minutes ago, resk said:

Scott Brown v Joey Barton was "a terrific rivalry"?!  Aye right you are Kenny.  

Michael Stewart basically laughed at MacIntyre 

He’s such a poor presenter… he should f**k off to The Rangers TV. 

And Neil McCann almost greetin at The Rangers dripping points.

“Do you know THIS is Glasgow Rangers? An institution!”

LOL. Shut up ya wee fanny 

4 minutes ago, microdave said:

Is Allan Preston Nicky Clark's agent? I'm only asking because it's been mentioned twice (once apiece by McIntyre and Preston) that Clark is the signing of the season.

If Preston mentioned a player or manager by name in a positive manner, it's safe to assume that player is represented by his agency, or is a pal of his.