Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

During lockdown when every game was streamed, the commentary team of every club clearly did some research. In every stream I watched of my team in away games the home commentators had some knowledge of the Pars players, recent scores and general form.  These guys are all volunteers but made the effort and showed respect for their audience.

Sportsound guys can't be arsed making even the smallest effort. Almost any other job would have emptied these useless, lazy c***s.

Was mostly the same in the Premiership watching St Mirren away games, Rangers and Celtic excepted (and for some reason Dundee United, who’s commentator watched St Mirren win 5-1 at Tannadice in January 21 and was adamant at the end of the game Dundee United had been the better side). 

I genuinely think the guys on Sportsound are so comfortable knowing that whilst the BBC don’t give a monkeys about the output, they can continue to turn up week after week doing the bare minimum. I’ve been a contractor in the rail sector for the past 8 or so years, and I’ve been on a couple of jobs where the end client is just throwing money at the project in order to get it finished, and everyone from the manager down gets by doing the bare minimum in order to extend the length of the contract and keep collecting the easy money. I understand that morally, it’s a questionable practice, but for guys trying to make a few quid and have a bit of job security for a few months I can condone it. That’s what I imagine it’s like at the BBC. They are freelance contractors that could go and work for other broadcasters like BT, Sky etc, if they were asked to (obviously they wouldn’t be), but most of the guys on Sportsound have been there for years. They aren’t employed full time by the BBC so there would be absolutely no hurdles to jump in order to get shot of them. The fact that they appear week after week, as incompetent as ever, when it’s so easy to get rid of them gives an insight in to the sort of old boys club they’ve got going for themselves. 

Looking forward to their preview and in depth coverage of the titanic clash between Falkirk and Dunfermline on Saturday, in front of the biggest crowd of the day outside Parkhead. Possibly the most meaningful game too, perhaps Ayr/Morton apart.

Should be good.

33 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Looking forward to their preview and in depth coverage of the titanic clash between Falkirk and Dunfermline on Saturday, in front of the biggest crowd of the day outside Parkhead. Possibly the most meaningful game too, perhaps Ayr/Morton apart.

Should be good.

Surely, surely, surely they have to have someone at Falkirk on Saturday. Not even BBC Scotland could f**k that up.

Surely?

29 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Surely, surely, surely they have to have someone at Falkirk on Saturday. Not even BBC Scotland could f**k that up.

Surely?

There was a game at Falkirk a few years back when we were both in the Championship where there were no Premiership games on (might have been New Year?) and they just didn't have a Sportsound at all. 

23 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

There was a game at Falkirk a few years back when we were both in the Championship where there were no Premiership games on (might have been New Year?) and they just didn't have a Sportsound at all. 

Be interesting to see what they do during the world cup.

My guess is they'll have no live games and will spend the time talking about Sevco and Celtic, possibly with reporters at some games who will only say anything if there's been a goal.

During the Premiership winter break last season they did away with Open All Mics and just had a Championship game on live.

23 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I know every single one of their pundits and presenters can't pronounce even the simplest of names but Bonnars "Burnyboo" when referring to the Madrid stadium takes the piss, the man is a joke.

Laugh out loud moment when according to bonner real were just starting to take control seconds before they scored their 4th goal

34 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

Laugh out loud moment when according to bonner real were just starting to take control seconds before they scored their 4th goal

Even more incredible was Peter Grant’s assertion that if Celtic had Benzema up front, they could’ve won the group because they’d missed so many chances.

It takes a lot to outdo Pat Bonner in the thick as pig shit stakes, but Grant wins.

9 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Even more incredible was Peter Grant’s assertion that if Celtic had Benzema up front, they could’ve won the group because they’d missed so many chances.

It takes a lot to outdo Pat Bonner in the thick as pig shit stakes, but Grant wins.

I think if Hearts had Celtic's team they could win the Premiership.

Food for thought.

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

The fact that Bonner can display complete ignorance towards the game, at the same time as collecting a wage from a state funded broadcaster, shows that they don’t actually care about providing an accurate and knowledgeable service to the listener. 

I was in the car earlier when Celtic got their penalty, Packy thought it was a good tackle and VAR couldn't have looked at it.  Liam McLeod had to point out that VAR will look at all penalty decisions. 

A few minutes later Peter Grant was going on about "damp squids" 😖

6 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

I was in the car earlier when Celtic got their penalty, Packy thought it was a good tackle and VAR couldn't have looked at it.  Liam McLeod had to point out that VAR will look at all penalty decisions. 

A few minutes later Peter Grant was going on about "damp squids" 😖

Celtic struggled “cos they never tane thur chanceees”.

Who in the name of f**k gives these thick semi-literate clowns a job as a pundit?