Scottish Cup

Gala not famous for reporting things they dinnae like. It was only grudgingly they admitted they'd been howked by Selkirk the week afore and never got round to posting a match report, whereas when they win.... It's a shame as potentially it's a huge club for the Borders but there's still a wee bit Borders Ams about their set up and (some!) fans.

I suppose the Amms will naturally be a feeder team for the LL side but why do you think this is a problem ?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a good draw for LL clubs with everyone getting SPFL2 opposition or the 2 really top-notch Juniors, plus Spartans/EK drawing each other. Pretty challenging.

However, no absolute lost causes, and some interesting prospects.

Fraserburgh/Linlithgow Rose v Dalbeattie Star

Edinburgh City v Auchinleck Talbot

Nairn County v Huntly

Arbroath v Montrose

East Fife v Threave Rovers

Spartans v East Kilbride

Bo'ness United v Culter

Berwick Rangers v Formartine United

Brora Rangers v Banks O'Dee

Cove Rangers v Annan Athletic

Elgin City v Forres Mechanics

Whitehill Welfare v East Stirlingshire

Inverurie Loco Works v Hurlford United

Gretna 2008 v Queen's Park

Turriff United v Clyde

Stirling University v Albion Rovers

yes ww beat girvan 3-1 when on another day it could easily have been 13.

the girvan keeper had some outstanding saves.

end of day happy to be in next round whether 1-0 or 10-0

home tie please :)

Got your wish Newcy.

Though thought Whitehill weren't at their best on Saturday. Certainly not as good as previous two friendlies I've saw them in this season.

Sunday, most likely. Unless the Cup has precedence, of course. The Binos are tenants, aren't they?

Think that's defunct, e.g. East Stirlingshire cup-ties haven't "deposed" Stenny league games.

Do both Albion + Uni lease Forthbank from Stirlingshire Council?

I suppose the Amms will naturally be a feeder team for the LL side but why do you think this is a problem ?

I don't think the Ams being a feeder team is the problem. I think their fans and their Facebook page acting like they are an Ams team (and not one of the more "professional" ams teams at that) is.

I don't think the Ams being a feeder team is the problem. I think their fans and their Facebook page acting like they are an Ams team (and not one of the more "professional" ams teams at that) is.

I understand what you're trying to say, however it may come across abit harsh for those who don't understand what you mean. But when you're calling your ground the 'San Siro Netherdale' and if you look through some of their tweets they do come across as a bit of amateur team.

HOWEVER, in fairness to Gala, it is one of my favourite grounds to visit, for the general feeling around the place and the football.

Think that's defunct, e.g. East Stirlingshire cup-ties haven't "deposed" Stenny league games.

Do both Albion + Uni lease Forthbank from Stirlingshire Council?

I would think that the Albion would have a long term lease and in turn would sub lease to the Uni. Their chairman is a poster on here so he would be able to answer the question.

Not scared of Talbot, even although they're a top team.

Scared of 2000 neds turning up though. I have been to a couple of Talbot West Superleague games (including the notorious game with Cumnock) and the support were fine but the Scottish sometimes brings out the worst elements...

Not scared of Talbot, even although they're a top team.

Scared of 2000 neds turning up though. I have been to a couple of Talbot West Superleague games (including the notorious game with Cumnock) and the support were fine but the Scottish sometimes brings out the worst elements...

Which ex-superstar are yous bringing in for t'Cup then Tam? :P

Grimbo

Archived