Match of the Day 14/15

hoopy1967

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd enjoy it a lot more if they just flipped out and got someone crazy as a regular pundit instead of Phil Neville et al. At least there's a bit of entertainment about the show instead of endless dissection of tactics. Multiple pundits just overlap with their points now.

Be careful what you wish for.

article-2266408-16BA7923000005DC-144_634

And, my god, I don't give a shit what the players say. They're so constricted by their clubs that they never say anything remotely exciting or insightful.

This. Seriously, what is the point?

Davies was the first of the 'how dare they send ME to cover such a poor game' commentators. His arrogance opened the door for the likes of Pearce and Green and set the standard for talking down to the audience. Can't stand him. Get the moth balls out and pack him away again asap.

I agree, much as I liked Davies, I think he sounded out of touch and dated, Looking back he was probably right to stop when he did, nowadays I like guy Mowbray.

You can certainly hear how old he is, which is a bit sad. I've always just loved the sound of his voice though, and he's still an excellent commentator in the other sports he covers.

I agree, much as I liked Davies, I think he sounded out of touch and dated,Looking back he was probably right to stop when he did, nowadays I like guy Mowbray.

Think the whole point of his commentary last night was to have the feel of an old episode of MotD though.

I personally like John Motson better. He was always the 'voice of English football' for me. I suspect I'll get a verbal beat down for saying that though as he's not the most likeable.

I quite like Motson when hes just commentating on highlights, can't stand him over the course of a match when he's got time to ramble on about whatever thought pops into his head

Archived