Peterhead v Morton

QUOTE(midTONs @ Aug 13 2006, 11:38 AM) I was sitting next to the group who were chanting, but I don't see the need to bring the issue up on the board, Alibi talks about Morton fans getting a bad name but surely this is just highlighting the issue, more than a few folk had a bit more to drink than normal (me included) so hopefully this is a isolated case.agree with that, no need to bring it up, i was sitting over there to and clearly just to much much drink had been consumed

These guys were getting behind the team and singing practically non-stop, which is good, but the song in question (starts off something about "Greenock is, a lovely town....") should be dropped.OK, let's just ignore it. Just like the polis did. Let's face it, we don't have any black Morton supporters, or Jewish ones, or Pakistani ones, so it's perfectly ok to sing racist songs - it's only being done in jest. No-one's going to be offended.Except I was....

http://www.greenockmorton.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=8501&page=1

Sorry lads it only took 5 minutes on google.

The gist of it seems to be Morton supporter complains about racist chants from fellow morton fans. Several other morton fans seem to acknowledge it did occur but just a bit to much drinky drinky, but shoosh dont tell anyone. I'm sure you'll say it was 2006 but that won't wash.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously you cannot be very specific then.

It appears that we can be held responsible as a support for one fan last year and yet Morton feel the need to come on with the it was only one or two type excuse. I would be careful when referring to racism at football though as it is a familiar thing at your club. You can even see some of the same usernames as the wallopers on this thread.

http://www.greenockmorton.org/forum/index.php?s=683394f5efd83ffb88518306dca58cee&showtopic=8501

isolated incident???? Oops not really:

http://www.greenockmorton.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=11943

Great minds haha....

Vikington -As previuosly documented peterhead dealt with our problem, dont sweep it away, as we cant and i dont know a supporter who isnt deeply ashamed. are you REALLY going to brush these previous morton incidents away as of no consequence just because there was no media outcry and criminal charges? Its a choice you make and it will define you as a human much more than your bestest ever pb poster shite

And unlike your fans, Morton fans were quick to point it out and identify the individuals in contrast to the happy clapping sheep associated with the Klu Klux mob at Balmoor.

Nice try though, 10/10 for effort.

And unlike your fans, Morton fans were quick to point it out and identify the individuals in contrast to the happy clapping sheep associated with the Klu Klux mob at Balmoor.

Nice try though, 10/10 for effort.

A debate on a forum, no action taken and thats dealt with. Peterhead fans that day started supplying info to the club pretty quickly after the game. Problem at the time was one voice from within a group of 20-30 wasnt easy to id the guy. A process of elimination and whittling it down to one or two possibles led tothe guy owning up to it. Dont think you did that mayo.

I was standing right behind it and didnt approve of it myself but i wouldnt bring it up on a messageboard. 3 of the guys i have never seen at a Morton game before incidently. Lot of alcohol on a long journey is most likely to blame, i wouldn't read too much into it.Stranraers support were terrible, about 10 children screeching about Gypos the whole game. I can't wait to go to a half decent stadium with more supporters and it might be a while before we do that 0

This was your comment at the time mayo! So you heard it, didnt approve of it and dont read to much into it. Nice!

Vikington -As previuosly documented peterhead dealt with our problem, dont sweep it away, as we cant and i dont know a supporter who isnt deeply ashamed. are you REALLY going to brush these previous morton incidents away as of no consequence just because there was no media outcry and criminal charges? Its a choice you make and it will define you as a human much more than your bestest ever pb poster shite

Except for the fact that your fans have tried to sweep it away. They tried to claim handbags between two people on Saturday was one of the worst scenes to have ever occurred at Balmoor - sheltered existence barely covers that - which indicates that either you don't consider the proven racist scum in your own support to have been worse, or simply decided that everyone had forgotten about that incident.

So to wrap up this utterly tedious, tear-stained ramble straight off the back of your crushing stoppage time defeat: Morton fans have absolutely nothing to answer for; least of all from Saturday in which the fanbase was in fact very well behaved. If you can't deal with that then you should probably lock yourself in the bathroom on the day of the return trip.

So to wrap up this utterly tedious, tear-stained ramble straight off the back of your crushing stoppage time defeat: Morton fans have absolutely nothing to answer for; least of all from Saturday in which the fanbase was in fact very well behaved. If you can't deal with that then you should probably lock yourself in the bathroom on the day of the return trip.

Neatly wrapped indeed. We have a grubby racist past that we acknowledge, dealt with and dont deny. you appear to have an equally grubby racist past that you dismiss as of no consequence, denial and quite blatant attempts to not have it discussed on your forums seem to be the norm.

I suppose we just have to decide which place is a bigger s@#*hole. The Heed or the lovely quaint seaside town that is Greenock. Answers on a fag packet or old prescription!

Cannot really be bothered with it all now as their is no way a racist club of ignorant teuchters from the NE Scotland are going to get the better of superior intelligence from Strathclyde. Carry on regardless and keep spreading the gospel, "it wisna us, it was them that started it", we are lillywhite. Final say on the matter!

Cannot really be bothered with it all now as their is no way a racist club of ignorant teuchters from the NE Scotland are going to get the better of superior intelligence from Strathclyde. Carry on regardless and keep spreading the gospel, "it wisna us, it was them that started it", we are lillywhite. Final say on the matter!

the bitterest sideswiping admission of having no ground to stand on i've ever seen. outstanding.

Wore a Dundee hoodie to the game, talked with both sets of fans during the match, all were genuine fans interested in the football that I spoke to, was friendly banter between them where I was. Making out that all the Morton fans there were minters is a bit much same as referring to all Peterhead fans as racists is a load of bollocks.

Last time I was up at Balmoor I had the pleasure of getting pelted by stones by wee neds. Such horrible scenes. Never recovered. Had to move to London to get away from it.

I, for one, am glad the Neanderthals and troglodytes if the North East got their comeuppance via nasty songs and flag waving.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

^^^ probably Jim McInally

Wore a Dundee hoodie to the game, talked with both sets of fans during the match, all were genuine fans interested in the football that I spoke to, was friendly banter between them where I was. Making out that all the Morton fans there were minters is a bit much same as referring to all Peterhead fans as racists is a load of bollocks.

Stop talking sense. If you sneeze at Balmoor these days, you're a hooligan.

Only racism is acceptable it seems. That seems the only thing to happen without calls for the local police to get involved.

Stop talking sense. If you sneeze at Balmoor these days, you're a hooligan.

Only racism is acceptable it seems. That seems the only thing to happen without calls for the local police to get involved.

Will probably go to their Townie minks game dressed as Gandalf shouting "You cannot pass! I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass!"

Will probably go to their Townie minks game dressed as Gandalf shouting "You cannot pass! I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass!"

Much better. :lol:

Amazing mayo how you just completely ignore the posts from a few years back showing how you brushed off racism as a bit of drunken daftness. Give you this you have a brass neck.

If you're able to read correctly, I also mentioned it was from people I hadn't previously seen at the games. Therefore not causing worry that it came from a regular traveler.

Your attempts to deflect are admirable, they are however, extremely weak. Your fans were all over the headlines for racism. Show me any newspaper headlines highlighting this as a problem for any other club in Scotland outwith the Old Firm, particularly Morton.

Archived