Peterhead v Morton

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deflecting? Why would i be deflecting anything? I am just pointing out that your support has a rather unsavoury element.

Imagine you were up in front of a judge. (thats a funny one " imagine " of course you know) With the evidence shown i think it would be conclusive that certain morton fans are regularly turning a blind eye or defending racism and other nasty comments and incidents. Do you care? Naw you dont give a shit cos thats your level. Enjoy the rest of your season and god willing i might be working away next time your "mob" come calling.

Deflecting? Why would i be deflecting anything? I am just pointing out that your support has a rather unsavoury element. Imagine you were up in front of a judge. (thats a funny one " imagine " of course you know) With the evidence shown i think it would be conclusive that certain morton fans are regularly turning a blind eye or defending racism and other nasty comments and incidents. Do you care? Naw you dont give a shit cos thats your level. Enjoy the rest of your season and god willing i might be working away next time your "mob" come calling.

Yes, here's hoping. Maybe then we won't have to deal with completely made up stories.

You seem to have a problem with judging people's ages as well, because there was men of at least 40 in amongst the Peterhead mad squad.

You got pumped and are clearly seething.

Get over it.

It would appear that Morton fans were either in rehab or the YOI and not at school as they cleary have no understanding of how to express in the singular and plural forms.

Fans = plural

Fan = singular

Peterhead Fan = racist

Morton Fans = turn a blind eye

It would appear that Morton fans were either in rehab or the YOI and not at school as they cleary have no understanding of how to express in the singular and plural forms.

Fans = plural

Fan = singular

Peterhead Fan = racist

Morton Fans = turn a blind eye

The power of google, eh?

Found an interesting little article on the Scotsman site about Peterhead's racist shame.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/man-fined-300-for-jordan-tapping-racist-abuse-1-3329884

Let's start with the singular and plural case first, shall we? "Mr Sturrock said other supporters were shouting "banana man" and telling the young player to go back to his own country".

How many others? I thought it was just one individual who was dishing out this abuse?

As for turning a blind eye, "The court heard the incident was not reported to the police but officers launched an investigation after reports of the crime appeared in the national and local media".

Why didn't any Peterhead fans report the incident at the time? In light of the outrage about the alleged wrongdoings of the Morton support on Saturday and the need for police intervention, I'd have thought somebody would've been suitably offended enough to act- but no, not one Peterhead fan bothered until the media took it upon themselves to do the decent thing and deal with the matter, bringing only one of the perpetrators to justice.

Sweep sweep.

The power of google, eh?

Found an interesting little article on the Scotsman site about Peterhead's racist shame.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/man-fined-300-for-jordan-tapping-racist-abuse-1-3329884

Let's start with the singular and plural case first, shall we? "Mr Sturrock said other supporters were shouting "banana man" and telling the young player to go back to his own country".

How many others? I thought it was just one individual who was dishing out this abuse?

As for turning a blind eye, "The court heard the incident was not reported to the police but officers launched an investigation after reports of the crime appeared in the national and local media".

Why didn't any Peterhead fans report the incident at the time? In light of the outrage about the alleged wrongdoings of the Morton support on Saturday and the need for police intervention, I'd have thought somebody would've been suitably offended enough to act- but no, not one Peterhead fan bothered until the media took it upon themselves to do the decent thing and deal with the matter, bringing only one of the perpetrators to justice.

Sweep sweep.

OK So lets get this right. Just for the avoidance of doubt.

A third hand account of what happened by a lawyer looking for leniency for his client, after a full police investigation, is proof that there were multiple culprits. Right you are.

As for turning a blind eye, I already stated that I wasn't at the game but I can assure you that if I had been then I would have reported it. Unlike Morton fans

I was sitting next to the group who were chanting, but I don't see the need to bring the issue up on the board, Alibi talks about Morton fans getting a bad name but surely this is just highlighting the issue, more than a few folk had a bit more to drink than normal (me included) so hopefully this is a isolated case.

agree with that, no need to bring it up, i was sitting over there to and clearly just to much much drink had been consumed

I was standing right behind it and didnt approve of it myself but i wouldnt bring it up on a messageboard. 3 of the guys i have never seen at a Morton game before incidently.

Lot of alcohol on a long journey is most likely to blame, i wouldn't read too much into it.

Now this relates to a group of about 6 or 8 according to the original poster. Since there was no police investigation or subsequent prosecution I can only assume that not one Morton fan that was in attendance and has admitted hearing it took it upon themselves to report it. The hipocrosy coming from Morton supporters is shameful.

Now that is not to say that all the Morton supporters were complicit in this Tom_McB and others being the exception but the vast majority did.

It appears that Morton have a bigger brush to SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP with. And a support that are more willing to do it.

This is all incidental to the activity at Balmoor though which was nothing to do with racism and all the posts on this thread attempting to deflect onto this subject is yet more sweeping of Morton's problems. I can understand the herd mentality that you are displaying but don't try to make out that some incident last season is somehow justifcation.

The power of google, eh?

Sweep sweep.

Don't believe all you read in the press, we were at the match in question and heard abuse being shouted during the second half, this was relayed to the head of security at PFC within 30 seconds of hearing, the head of security and a steward went round behind the goals and spoke to the people standing there. The results of their enquiries was passed on to the authorities and myself and a few others were interviewed by the police at the match against Annan on the Tuesday night as they had requested, fact not press fiction.

My only input into this sorry state of affairs is to say that my son came home to say that it is the first time he has felt intimidated by away fans in the three years he has been going to home games on his own. He has witnessed banter from both Celtic and Rangers fans but the aggression from Morton fans on Sat left him shaken. As for Morton fans using the perpetrator (singular) of racist slurs to deflect from the truth and defend the actions of a section of their fans I shake my head in despair. We were all disgusted at the actions of that one fan for what he said and came on here to say so, shame Morton fans couldn't have taken the same approach rather than stooping to the levels they have on this forum.

My only input into this sorry state of affairs is to say that my son came home to say that it is the first time he has felt intimidated by away fans in the three years he has been going to home games on his own. He has witnessed banter from both Celtic and Rangers fans but the aggression from Morton fans on Sat left him shaken.

:lol:

My only input into this sorry state of affairs is to say that my son came home to say that it is the first time he has felt intimidated by away fans in the three years he has been going to home games on his own. He has witnessed banter from both Celtic and Rangers fans but the aggression from Morton fans on Sat left him shaken. As for Morton fans using the perpetrator (singular) of racist slurs to deflect from the truth and defend the actions of a section of their fans I shake my head in despair. We were all disgusted at the actions of that one fan for what he said and came on here to say so, shame Morton fans couldn't have taken the same approach rather than stooping to the levels they have on this forum.

He clearly needs to man up.

At least you now know what to buy your son for Xmas this year.

A pair of baws.

Your boy doesn't have a pair of baws.

Wee bender.

Archived