Ticket allocation for away fans disgrace!

You should have stopped at speechless.

You asking me what's wrong with me ??? what a fanny you are ffs :lol: , coming from someone who has more mental problems of his own than just about the rest of the other bears combined have on P&B.

But if you must know fud I did a google search to find out why there was less tickets allocated at Ibrox and it was one of the many links at my disposal.

And why are you speechless that there is government policy on the policing of public events ??? you idiot.

You really need to get some help.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just lazy polising? 1000 tickets for clubs who won't cause hassle and just want to watch their team. Yet the one club who would be most likely to cause bother, would be given a whole stand? Bizarre :rolleyes:

Queens don't take the blame for the initial decision, but a tame acceptance of this nonsense does not leave the club entirely blameless, in that the interests of its fans are not being adequately represented.

Just this.

Is it just lazy polising? 1000 tickets for clubs who won't cause hassle and just want to watch their team. Yet the one club who would be most likely to cause bother, would be given a whole stand? Bizarre :rolleyes:

You think that Rangers would give Alloa a whole stand?

Queens don't take the blame for the initial decision, but a tame acceptance of this nonsense does not leave the club entirely blameless, in that the interests of its fans are not being adequately represented.

I wouldn't have said it was a good idea for Queens to issue statements on the adequacy of other clubs grounds.

You think that Rangers would give Alloa a whole stand?

Bennett would it have been possible for rangers to leave the Broomloan stand exclusively for away fans and home fan overspill. I.e: having all the away fans and empty seats in that stand and condensing the rangers fans into the other three stands.

(For the whole season)

Would this have solved all the problems or is this to simplistic?

I'll bow to your greater knowledge. Just 1 question.

If it's all sporting events then why is it just Rangers affected?

Maybe something to do with their tight finances and Rangers have agreed to pay a pitiful amount as recompense to police their fixtures and the Chief Super has decided "Fcuk it the budget can't afford so many officers, they'll have to have less away fans at Ibrox to stay on budget" who knows really.

One thing is for sure !, there was chat a while back that Rangers couldn't afford to pay the police ?, is this connected and why they have been told to have less away fans.

With hindsight this would not have been a problem, but those in charge were hoping for the normal 36-38k ST sales and they opened up every part of the ground for sales, it took them a long time to realise / admit that this was never going to be achieved, in the end the sold 23.5k

To fix it they would now have to move fans permanently, the very fans they are desperate not to upset further, it will never happen imo.

Would they not be able to offer free 'upgrades' to them in the main stand?

Really it would only be a section or two that needs cleared either side of the usual away section.

What do you think they should write and where should it be published?

(Rough draft is fine) ;-)

I think they should be bleating to the press about this.

Any statement should highlight the figures we're all aware of, whereby we'd expect to shift more than a thousand tickets given our last visit. The fact that there will be several thousand empty seats should be highlighted, as should the completely trouble free nature of our following.

I'm not suggesting that this scoop would topple governments, but it should have the makings of a sports news story, given that it concerns one of the two sides that get all the coverage.

Would they not be able to offer free 'upgrades' to them in the main stand?

Really it would only be a section or two that needs cleared either side of the usual away section.

The Main Stand is not an upgrade. Well it wasn't the last time i was in it. You also have to remember The Blue Order are in that stand and the last thing the board wants is moving them closer to the directors box!

Any QoS wanting to go who cant get a ticket should just go to the Main Stand. Less idiots there ... if you don't count the directors box.

Last Season an Arbroath fan managed to get in beside me in the Copland Rear. He was a little pissed and asked for directions to his seat..I showed him where it was and he said 'Cheers mate...No Surrender. I m a Rangers man'...Problem was he was so pissed he had forgotten to take his Arbroath scarf off. I am sure they scored first in that game...Anyway the guy was made more than welcome and i am sure he enjoyed his trip.

It might come to that. We could discuss the performance of the officials in a sensibly mature and dispassionate way.

You would love the two old lads that sit in front of me. They make me look unbiased and reasonable. One of them is about 70 and i have seen him running / hobbling down 10 rows screaming...'That was only 9 steps ya cheating b*****d' as a referee lines up the defensive wall :lol:

The Main Stand is not an upgrade. Well it wasn't the last time i was in it. You also have to remember The Blue Order are in that stand and the last thing the board wants is moving them closer to the directors box!

Any QoS wanting to go who cant get a ticket should just go to the Main Stand. Less idiots there ... if you don't count the directors box.

Last Season an Arbroath fan managed to get in beside me in the Copland Rear. He was a little pissed and asked for directions to his seat..I showed him where it was and he said 'Cheers mate...No Surrender. I m a Rangers man'...Problem was he was so pissed he had forgotten to take his Arbroath scarf off. I am sure they scored first in that game...Anyway the guy was made more than welcome and i am sure he enjoyed his trip.

Doesn't Tedi claim to trundle down to Gayfield occasionally? :unsure2:

Bennett would it have been possible for rangers to leave the Broomloan stand exclusively for away fans and home fan overspill. I.e: having all the away fans and empty seats in that stand and condensing the rangers fans into the other three stands.

(For the whole season)

Would this have solved all the problems or is this to simplistic?

Tbh theres no need for any of this as segregation works fine as it is, maybe the odd bit of banter between fans but nothign serious. The polis have overreacted here.

Genuinely interested in what these specific "segergating issues" were. I saw a few verge of tears meltdowns, but nothing to suggest that the allocation deserved to be cut. Perhaps if they had done a better job of making a bigger gap between supports or sticking more than the handful of stewards inbetween supports, it wouldn't reek of the police covering their own arse.

Only a handful of stewards you say?

Maybe something to do with their tight finances and Rangers have agreed to pay a pitiful amount as recompense to police their fixtures and the Chief Super has decided "Fcuk it the budget can't afford so many officers, they'll have to have less away fans at Ibrox to stay on budget" who knows really.

One thing is for sure !, there was chat a while back that Rangers couldn't afford to pay the police ?, is this connected and why they have been told to have less away fans.

Ah right so when I said that it was down to Rangers not wanting to pay for the level of security needed you actually agreed but wanted to blame the police.

Rangers could have 1700 away fans in but wont increase the stewsrding numbers so the police have adjusted the figure to suit the amount of stewards Rangers make available.

http://www.acpo.police.uk/documents/uniformed/2010/201008UNGPF01.pdf

Have a read guys, it's pretty obvious.

The safety officer gives the police match commander a plan drawn up by the club under their duty of care responsibilities, the match commander then looks at it and make adjustments or changes existing plans in event of an incident, for example segregation problems. If the changes cannot be made to the environment then he will adjust the number of members of the public to suit the safety measures available.

The main points are that legally the club are responsible for safety under their duty of care, the police are responsible for law and order. A reduction in crowd numbers is a safety issue not a law and order issue.

http://www.acpo.police.uk/documents/uniformed/2010/201008UNGPF01.pdf

Have a read guys, it's pretty obvious.

The safety officer gives the police match commander a plan drawn up by the club under their duty of care responsibilities, the match commander then looks at it and make adjustments or changes existing plans in event of an incident, for example segregation problems. If the changes cannot be made to the environment then he will adjust the number of members of the public to suit the safety measures available.

The main points are that legally the club are responsible for safety under their duty of care, the police are responsible for law and order. A reduction in crowd numbers is a safety issue not a law and order issue.

Ahem, you might want to read the very first sentence.

(edit: I didn't notice the irony of 'have a read guys, it's pretty obvious at first. Lol.)

It's probably been said but I can't be arsed reading every post for it but I assume these safety issues are the knobheads above in the Broomloan not being trusted to not throw items down on top of away fans?

I like the way idiots are looked after 1st

Archived