Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

I'm really enjoying the game so far, particularly after last night's update fixed all the stuttering and slowdown issues I was having in the ME.

I'm managing St Pauli, and after getting promoted to the Bundesliga in the first season, I'm holding on in mid-table in the 2nd, and look like I'll be staying up. Even more hilariously, HSV look like they'll get relegated, and I could pretty much seal their fate in my late season match against them. Scenes.

Jurgen Klopp seems to have gone a bit senile though. Before our match with Dortmund he claimed to be jealous of the home-grown talent I had at the club. Now I do have a ridiculous number of home-grown players, but a ridiculous number of them coincidentally also have no talent. After they pumped us 5-0, and I managed to piss off my entire team by saying "Nae bather, youz should've been pumped anyway", Klopp came out and said that he was shocked we were so bad, and that he had expected to lose. Boy's lost it.

They're taking "mind-games" to a whole new level this season.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long do you get the demo for?had to use my Grans computer since mines is broken, so will only get to use it when I'm there after school.

this is an interesting twist on 'round my grans bit' tbh

Firstly, I'm beyond offended by St Mirren offering £7k for Ryan Williamson on deadline day of the January window. Even if they'd offered a decent amount, as if I'd let him go there ffs :lol:.

I've actually decided to let him go off and help out the Hibees. They seem to be in a bit of bother in the Championship. Good luck!

8523 turned up at East End Park to watch Pars on their glorious Scottish Cup run. 10 men Pars defeat rivals Raith Rovers 2-1 :thumsup2 Falky sent off of course, a double from Gozie Ugwu sealed the victory. We go into the hat for the Quarter Final draw :P Just told the media that Grant Murray embarrassed himself and his club. That'll keep this war of words going for a while longer :thumsup2

Ross County away for the Quarter Final btw. Wouldn't be surprised if we won that!

Managed to seal promotion last night, Hearts ran away with the league by about 8 points.

Alloa pipped Rangers to 3rd spot on the last day of the season so those 2 faced off in the first play off.

Alloa won 4-3 on aggregate.

So that put Alloa up against us, and they were a bogey team for me during the season.

Imagine my seethe as Alloa proceed to go 3-0 up in the first 12 minutes.

Get to half time still 3-0 down and I can't even bring myself to talk to that shower of shite so I let Andy Holden take the team talk.

We emerged from the second half and with the rocket up their arse from the dressing room & brought the match back to 3-3.

We get to the home leg and the players are visibly struggling fitness wise so I had to rotate the squad and put more of the fresher fringe players in.

It gets to 89 minutes and I'm thinking penalties are on their way. Not to fear, Liam Craig whips in a lovely ball to the near post that is cleared by the defence. The shite clearance falls to Scott Robertson who (has only scored 1 goal all season despite the rest of the side scoring over 115 combined) just lashes it into the top corner.. We're in the final!

We were in the play off final against St. Johnstone.

First leg was a very tight 1-1, I started fitness wise with 70%-80% fitness as the players were utterly fucked considering after the Alloa game, the game thought it would be acceptable to send everyone off on their holidays? But anyways. Back to Easter Road for the return leg and I'm bricking it my players are now in the 60's when kicking off and I can tell we're going to get run ragged.

Not to worry, Blair Alston (another cracking signing) scores early in the first half to settle things and we won the fixture 2-1 on aggregate, the Hibees are back at the first time of asking!

I'll post the screenies up later on tonight when I've finished work.

Managed to seal promotion last night, Hearts ran away with the league by about 8 points.

Alloa pipped Rangers to 3rd spot on the last day of the season so those 2 faced off in the first play off.

Alloa won 4-3 on aggregate.

So that put Alloa up against us, and they were a bogey team for me during the season.

Imagine my seethe as Alloa proceed to go 3-0 up in the first 12 minutes.

Get to half time still 3-0 down and I can't even bring myself to talk to that shower of shite so I let Andy Holden take the team talk.

We emerged from the second half and with the rocket up their arse from the dressing room & brought the match back to 3-3.

We get to the home leg and the players are visibly struggling fitness wise so I had to rotate the squad and put more of the fresher fringe players in.

It gets to 89 minutes and I'm thinking penalties are on their way. Not to fear, Liam Craig whips in a lovely ball to the near post that is cleared by the defence. The shite clearance falls to Scott Robertson who (has only scored 1 goal all season despite the rest of the side scoring over 115 combined) just lashes it into the top corner.. We're in the final!

We were in the play off final against St. Johnstone.

First leg was a very tight 1-1, I started fitness wise with 70%-80% fitness as the players were utterly fucked considering after the Alloa game, the game thought it would be acceptable to send everyone off on their holidays? But anyways. Back to Easter Road for the return leg and I'm bricking it my players are now in the 60's when kicking off and I can tell we're going to get run ragged.

Not to worry, Blair Alston (another cracking signing) scores early in the first half to settle things and we won the fixture 2-1 on aggregate, the Hibees are back at the first time of asking!

I'll post the screenies up later on tonight when I've finished work.

Nicely done. I've only just gotten past January on my save. Let Heffernan & El Alagui go as they were both constantly getting injured and started whinging about not getting game time. Decided to free up quite a chunk of wage though, thankfully they both agreed to mutual terminations.

Signed Lewis Small from Falkirk as he looks quite the potential player. I usually start Handling & Cummings just now with Lewis Allan rotating whoever is least fittest (Malonga is away at AFCON). Did have to use Mulhall a few times as well.

Currently trading places back and forth at the top of the League with Hearts. Rangers are absolute mince :lol: Fat Sally has been sacked and Jimmy Nicholl is now manager ( :huh: ), appointed a day after we pumped Cowdenbeath 5-0.

Quite the few manager changes tbh; Robbie Neilson left Hearts to manage Killie and was replaced by Grant Murray, Stuart McCall got sacked and replaced by Barry Smith and Ian McCall took over at Alloa. Right now both Dundee United & Partick Thistle have no manager and Derek McInnes is on the verge of being sacked.

Annoyingly, despite leading the goalscoring charts and putting in high-rating performances, neither Cummings or Handling are selected for the Scottish U19s or U21s.

Next thing to look forward to is the youth intake, hopefully get some highly rated players.

Nicely done. I've only just gotten past January on my save. Let Heffernan & El Alagui go as they were both constantly getting injured and started whinging about not getting game time. Decided to free up quite a chunk of wage though, thankfully they both agreed to mutual terminations.

Signed Lewis Small from Falkirk as he looks quite the potential player. I usually start Handling & Cummings just now with Lewis Allan rotating whoever is least fittest (Malonga is away at AFCON). Did have to use Mulhall a few times as well.

Currently trading places back and forth at the top of the League with Hearts. Rangers are absolute mince :lol: Fat Sally has been sacked and Jimmy Nicholl is now manager ( :huh: ), appointed a day after we pumped Cowdenbeath 5-0.

Quite the few manager changes tbh; Robbie Neilson left Hearts to manage Killie and was replaced by Grant Murray, Stuart McCall got sacked and replaced by Barry Smith and Ian McCall took over at Alloa. Right now both Dundee United & Partick Thistle have no manager and Derek McInnes is on the verge of being sacked.

Annoyingly, despite leading the goalscoring charts and putting in high-rating performances, neither Cummings or Handling are selected for the Scottish U19s or U21s.

Next thing to look forward to is the youth intake, hopefully get some highly rated players.

El Alagui is my captain :lol: and scored about 39 goals in 40 games :huh:

Hefferan just sat in the u20's for me didn't use him once and wouldn't agree to a mutual termination, Malonga wasn't that effective either tbh so he's now gone.

Handling & El Alagui were a cracking partnership until Handling got injured in January I signed White from Livi and he's been a revelation for me so found it tough to put Handling back in. In.

El Alagui is my captain :lol: and scored about 39 goals in 40 games :huh:

Hefferan just sat in the u20's for me didn't use him once and wouldn't agree to a mutual termination, Malonga wasn't that effective either tbh so he's now gone.

Handling & El Alagui were a cracking partnership until Handling got injured in January I signed White from Livi and he's been a revelation for me so found it tough to put Handling back in. In.

He literally did nothing for me. Scored 1 goal and it was a penalty. Kept getting injured for weeks and always re-injured himself when he was close to match fitness. Then started whinging I wasn't playing him enough so I got shot of him after trying to give him a run in the first team but he didn't live up to expectation. Sadly it looks like most the Hibs players have randomly generated height & attributes, so it looks like he's rubbish for me this time whilst he was pretty good for me before I started again after the beta name & team fix patch.

Think the only reason Cummings is soo good in my game is he is realistic height and playing as a poacher whilst Handling is an Advance Forward, always fun to see defenders struggling against their pace. Currently trying to see if I can improve Lewis Allan, FM have him rated as 1 star with 2 & a half star potential. He's been really good in the games I've played him, using his jumping and heading attributes to score and knock the ball down for assists.

Malonga has been in and out for me, gets injured but unlike Heff & El Alagui he actually performs when re-introduced to the first team.

Annoyed that you still get that "[manager's surname] spotted at [whatever stadium the game is at]" when you watch an international game that one or more of your players is involved in and they still use the "sources in media are at a loss to explain their reason for being there herp derp" whilst every other manager gets the "keeping an eye on what's-his-f**k who is on international duty"

Even when it's Scotland "dunno why he was there but he's known to be a fervent supporter of his country"

Won the league to get promotion on the last day of the season in the championship. We beat Failkirk and Hearts drew at home with Rangers. El Alagui was incredible for me. Standard 442 is the only formation that seems to be working for me so far with absolutely no instructions for the players.

First season in the premier league was erratic, managed to just hold onto 4th, had some highs like pumping Celtc 3-0 away from home although i also managed to lose 5-1 to St Mirren. Signed Leigh Griffiths on loan and he was my top scorer obvz. Also got Ante Coric on loan from Juve and he's incredible, got it extended for the next season and his contract is up so hopefully I can get a pre contract sorted for him. Alan Stubbs also seems to comment on me taking over as the Hibs manager every fucking week. Let it go big man.

Won the league to get promotion on the last day of the season in the championship. We beat Failkirk and Hearts drew at home with Rangers. El Alagui was incredible for me. Standard 442 is the only formation that seems to be working for me so far with absolutely no instructions for the players.

First season in the premier league was erratic, managed to just hold onto 4th, had some highs like pumping Celtc 3-0 away from home although i also managed to lose 5-1 to St Mirren. Signed Leigh Griffiths on loan and he was my top scorer obvz. Also got Ante Coric on loan from Juve and he's incredible, got it extended for the next season and his contract is up so hopefully I can get a pre contract sorted for him. Alan Stubbs also seems to comment on me taking over as the Hibs manager every fucking week. Let it go big man.

:lol: I've got Jim Jefferies hanging around like a bad smell. Pleasing to see that nobody wants the old dinosaur.

Only time Stubbsy pops up for me is when I'm "under-pressure" (when I say under-pressure I mean when for some reason people are doubting you cause you used a different tactic for one match and lost). Last I checked he took over at Preston.

On the verge of the youth intake, hopefully get a few good potential players for the positions I want. Wouldn't even mind one or two that could slot right into the first team or act as subs at this point, at least 7 players in my squad are injured so I need more bodies (made the stupid decision to loan out 70% of my U20s team)

Shelved my Killie save out of tedium and decided to take on the Sheffield United job. Thinking behind it being that they're a decent sized club and if I get punted by their Saudi owners then I'll be able to waltz into a Scottish job. Anyway.

The team was predicted to finish 2nd in League One, but a quick scan of the squad confirmed that changes had to be made. A lot of the players are of decent quality, but most are 30/31/32/33 and on two or three year deals earning a decent wedge. They'd probably be able to win promotion fairly easily, but we'd need a fairly big overhaul in the summer to be able to compete in the Championship; or I could initiate a firesale of Dundee proportions and give a young squad a year of senior football before (hopefully) unleashing them on the league above. Decided to opt for the latter and with that one of the most fun pre-seasons ever began.

Sold Ben Davies (eventually) to Leyton Orient; Chris Basham to Wolves for £650k; Neill Collins (a Killie fan, but not worth 4.5k p/w) to Barnsley for £300k; Stephen McGinn to Dundee United as part of a swap deal; Chris Porter to Rangers; Jay McEveley (remember him?!) to St Mirren as another swap deal and Michael Doyle left to join 'boyhood heroes' Celtic. All in all, I'd built up a decent Warchest (© Daily Record) but had needed to spend it sharpish.

Made a derisory offer (about £100k or so) to Hearts for Danny Wilson which was rejected, only for Danny boy to kick up a fuss and for Robbie Neilson to eventually give in to his demands and I secured his signature for £250k with a few wee add-ons should we win promotion. Took Paddy McCarthy on loan from Crystal Palace (£7.5k p/m loan fee), Gedion Zelalem from Arsenal (zilch contributions required), and Rani Khedira from RB Leipzig (Sami's braer) paying his wages in full with a can buy clause for £1m). John McGinn was purchased from St Mirren for £700k + add-ons and McEveley; Ivan Vargic from Rijeka for £145k (a 'keeper who when scouted was better than Mark Howard in every area, yet couldn't catch a cold); GMS from Dundee United (a steal in this game as he down as leaving Dundee United at contracts end, meaning with a bit of negotiation you can get him cheaply) and then my big deal... The bank buster. After much negotiation, and every dirty trick in the book played to unsettle him I managed to sign Nadir Ciftci. Stephen McGinn went the opposite way along with one or two pretty ludicrous add-ons. But I got my man in the end, and what a signing he's been! 24 appearances by January and 21 goals from the right wing. As the footballing world would say "#flames". Playing him on the right wing in the new Raumdeuter role which suits him to a tee, even if it's wanky as it's likely to get. Him in there with Higdon up top... Ooof.

The season started with a 2-2 draw at home to Bristol City then a 5-2 Capital One Cup win away at Chesterfield (Eoin Doyle scoring both for the home side). I'd later go out that competition to Aston Villa 1-0 at Bramall Lane. Went six games unbeaten in the league, including a ludicrous 8-3 win against Crawley and a 6-4 v Colchester (f'in Sean Clohessy even scored). Then the moment that had been coming thanks to Vargic's lunacy in nets - a 3-1 home defeat to bottom of the table Rochdale. WHIT?! Thankfully it hasn't derailed us, and we're currently top, still in the JPT and FA Cups and the transfer window has just opened. Lee Wallace is unsettled at 5th placed Rangers so going to try and get him in to replace Bob Harris and already had a deal to get Yussuf Poulsen from RB Leipzig (a tip - they have a really decent squad but such a low rep that it's fairly easy to unsettle their players and nab them on the cheap).

The ever helpful Abdullah bin Mossad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has increased my transfer kitty too, so some January sales are in order. I have my eye on a lovely wee overrated ringpiece with shite hair in Gorgie who can play RB, RW and upfront...

Dunno if I'm being thick or not but what the f**k is the Raumdeuter role?

I'd never heard of it before 'til it appeared in the game.

Basically to take up seemingly harmless positions out wide before waiting for the perfect time to burst through the defence for a shot or cross.

Archived