Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr still part time i see <_<

Unfortunately, yes.

Data edits done between beta release and game release have to be done in a different way, and so changes are made at HQ on a prioritised basis.

Sadly other HRs made bigger mistakes than this.

Still, it's a 30 second job to fix it

It's now available :thumsup2

Had a quick look at the editor and there's youngster at alloa who has a potential ability of 145 :lol:

That must have been a typo, or my Alloa researcher has tried to take the piss on the sly.

Either way, because of his Current Ability, he'll never manage to fulfil that potential in the game.

Still..bit annoyed at myself for missing that.

Shelved my Killie save out of tedium and decided to take on the Sheffield United job. Thinking behind it being that they're a decent sized club and if I get punted by their Saudi owners then I'll be able to waltz into a Scottish job. Anyway.

The team was predicted to finish 2nd in League One, but a quick scan of the squad confirmed that changes had to be made. A lot of the players are of decent quality, but most are 30/31/32/33 and on two or three year deals earning a decent wedge. They'd probably be able to win promotion fairly easily, but we'd need a fairly big overhaul in the summer to be able to compete in the Championship; or I could initiate a firesale of Dundee proportions and give a young squad a year of senior football before (hopefully) unleashing them on the league above. Decided to opt for the latter and with that one of the most fun pre-seasons ever began.

Sold Ben Davies (eventually) to Leyton Orient; Chris Basham to Wolves for £650k; Neill Collins (a Killie fan, but not worth 4.5k p/w) to Barnsley for £300k; Stephen McGinn to Dundee United as part of a swap deal; Chris Porter to Rangers; Jay McEveley (remember him?!) to St Mirren as another swap deal and Michael Doyle left to join 'boyhood heroes' Celtic. All in all, I'd built up a decent Warchest (© Daily Record) but had needed to spend it sharpish.

Made a derisory offer (about £100k or so) to Hearts for Danny Wilson which was rejected, only for Danny boy to kick up a fuss and for Robbie Neilson to eventually give in to his demands and I secured his signature for £250k with a few wee add-ons should we win promotion. Took Paddy McCarthy on loan from Crystal Palace (£7.5k p/m loan fee), Gedion Zelalem from Arsenal (zilch contributions required), and Rani Khedira from RB Leipzig (Sami's braer) paying his wages in full with a can buy clause for £1m). John McGinn was purchased from St Mirren for £700k + add-ons and McEveley; Ivan Vargic from Rijeka for £145k (a 'keeper who when scouted was better than Mark Howard in every area, yet couldn't catch a cold); GMS from Dundee United (a steal in this game as he down as leaving Dundee United at contracts end, meaning with a bit of negotiation you can get him cheaply) and then my big deal... The bank buster. After much negotiation, and every dirty trick in the book played to unsettle him I managed to sign Nadir Ciftci. Stephen McGinn went the opposite way along with one or two pretty ludicrous add-ons. But I got my man in the end, and what a signing he's been! 24 appearances by January and 21 goals from the right wing. As the footballing world would say "#flames". Playing him on the right wing in the new Raumdeuter role which suits him to a tee, even if it's wanky as it's likely to get. Him in there with Higdon up top... Ooof.

The season started with a 2-2 draw at home to Bristol City then a 5-2 Capital One Cup win away at Chesterfield (Eoin Doyle scoring both for the home side). I'd later go out that competition to Aston Villa 1-0 at Bramall Lane. Went six games unbeaten in the league, including a ludicrous 8-3 win against Crawley and a 6-4 v Colchester (f'in Sean Clohessy even scored). Then the moment that had been coming thanks to Vargic's lunacy in nets - a 3-1 home defeat to bottom of the table Rochdale. WHIT?! Thankfully it hasn't derailed us, and we're currently top, still in the JPT and FA Cups and the transfer window has just opened. Lee Wallace is unsettled at 5th placed Rangers so going to try and get him in to replace Bob Harris and already had a deal to get Yussuf Poulsen from RB Leipzig (a tip - they have a really decent squad but such a low rep that it's fairly easy to unsettle their players and nab them on the cheap).

The ever helpful Abdullah bin Mossad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has increased my transfer kitty too, so some January sales are in order. I have my eye on a lovely wee overrated ringpiece with shite hair in Gorgie who can play RB, RW and upfront...

I ended up at sheff utd after being sacked at Swansea. Got back to back promotions before losing my first 9 in the premiership and leaving. They wouldn't sack me but there was no danger I was turning it round. Was unemployed for two weeks before I got the Norwich job with a transfer kitty of £19 million I tied up some pretty tasty deals. Berahino for £7.5 million from west brom who are 23rd in championship and signed Bob Harris from Sheff Utd who is an absolute boss in my save for £1.1 million. Norwich have three players I never ever expected to find in the squad Soldado, Cazorla and Sagna. All aging but pretty good at championship level.

It's now available :thumsup2

Had a quick look at the editor and there's youngster at alloa who has a potential ability of 145 :lol:

Scott Hynd? Sure he had a large potential in FM14

Scott Hynd? Sure he had a large potential in FM14

He did, always got snapped up by a club in England not long into the season and then loaned to some mediocre team. Same with Ryan Gauld before he joined Sporting, 9/10 times he went to Arsenal.

Started a Stirling Albion game and have just finished pre season:

First job was getting rid of some of my unwanted players so out went:

Darren Smith

Darren Lee Smith

Craig Wedderburn

Steven Doris

Willie Robertson

Lewis Coult

Ross Forsyth

David McClune

Brought in some players that may be considered gambles :lol:

Darren Cole (free - released by Rangers)

Derek Riordan (free)

Kenny Deuchar (free)

Garry Kenneth (Carnoustie)

Mark Russell (free - released by Dundee United)

George Brislen-Hall (free - released by ICT)

Managed to convince the chairman to get us a big affiliate club even though he wasn't keen and manged to get a link with Aberdeen although none of their players want to come on loan to me :(

Was close to signing ex bino David O'Brien but he took a better offer from Morton.

Really struggling for midfield options at the moment, the choices are awful.

Pre-season wasn't too bad, beat QOS 4-1, Elgin 2-1 and Gateshead 4-1 along with a 3-0 defeat to Motherwell.

The chairman wants playoffs this year but I think its a bit unrealistic (but didnae tell him that)

Started a Stirling Albion game and have just finished pre season:

First job was getting rid of some of my unwanted players so out went:

Darren Smith

Darren Lee Smith

Craig Wedderburn

Steven Doris

Willie Robertson

Lewis Coult

Ross Forsyth

David McClune

Brought in some players that may be considered gambles :lol:

Darren Cole (free - released by Rangers)

Derek Riordan (free)

Kenny Deuchar (free)

Garry Kenneth (Carnoustie)

Mark Russell (free - released by Dundee United)

George Brislen-Hall (free - released by ICT)

Managed to convince the chairman to get us a big affiliate club even though he wasn't keen and manged to get a link with Aberdeen although none of their players want to come on loan to me :(

Was close to signing ex bino David O'Brien but he took a better offer from Morton.

Really struggling for midfield options at the moment, the choices are awful.

Pre-season wasn't too bad, beat QOS 4-1, Elgin 2-1 and Gateshead 4-1 along with a 3-0 defeat to Motherwell.

The chairman wants playoffs this year but I think its a bit unrealistic (but didnae tell him that)

Does he start at ICT in this game? He was released some time ago.

Really mixed fortunes in the cups.

First off got beaten 2-1 by a 9 man Brora in the challenge cup and to be honest it could have been more. Shocker of a performance.

Made a triple foreign signing of Filip Mentel, Kabba Cham and Alexis Dutot to beef out the squad a bit.

Kabba Cham got the chance to shine against his former club Morton and put in a man of the match performance on the right wing as I thumped them 6-0 in the league cup! Sandy Cunningham scored a 55 yarder after a howler from the Morton keeper. Riordan also got off the mark with a free kick.

The trio of Sandy Cunningham up top, Derek Riordan just behind and Craig Comrie in central midfield is starting to really gel. Great interplay between the 3 lads

I've won the league with Hibs in my third season season after promotion from the championship and a 4th placed finish first season up. Three points clear of Celtc in the end. So far have humped Maribor and just scraped past Videoton in the qualifiers for Champions league, now playing BATE in the playoff. Been pish in the first couple of league games, beaten by Killie 3-1 and Dundee United 3-0 as my squad has been ripped with injuries in the euro games.

SGMilne, on 07 Nov 2014 - 06:19, said:

No, but that shouldn't mean that the staff aren't correct

As I've said before, Niam Mohammed is listed as Alloa's physio, despite being ours. Gerry Creaney is our Head of Youth. And Eddie Johnson is our U20 manager, not Gavin Burns who is just a coach, think he's coaching the U14's just now. Then there's some of the positions within the team, despite being used as a DC for the best part of 2 seasons verging on 3, Iain Davidson is still primarily listed as a CM and not listed as a DC at all. Paul McGowan is listed as an AMC that can't play MC for us, despite the fact that he's only really been used as a MC for us and only played AMC on occasion. Same with Jim McAlister who has never played AMC for us in his puff.

Some of the players stats seem a bit off too but that's subjective. Then there is tiny little things that aren't even worth moaning about, such as Jayson Alexander having a national rep despite joining us from University and having no previous experience in football. And Gordon Wallace still being a coach despite retiring before John Brown was appointed manager.

Archived