Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

I think it's fair to say the Scottish leagues are an absolute mess this season. The FIFA simulated leagues seem more realistic. Appalling.

I just offered £90K to Dundee for Craig Wighton and they rejected it :(

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eoin Doyle, on 08 Nov 2014 - 01:43, said:

I just offered £90K to Dundee for Craig Wighton and they rejected it :(

He's considered our best striker on the game. Potentially I get that but FFS.

The amount of injuries you get in this for no reason is spoiling the game.

I don't know how about 5 different players can get torn hamstrings during 2 weeks worth of training. It's not even set to high intensity.

Stevie Crawford must be flinging ninja stars about during the sessions or something.

Partick, Dundee United and Cowden all overrated. Kilmarnock, Dundee and Queens underrated. Allan Johnston gets fired mid-October every time.

Partick rated 8th in Prem.

Dundee United rated 3rd in Prem.

Cowdenbeath rated 10th in Championship

He's considered our best striker on the game. Potentially I get that but FFS.

Craig Wighton is Dundee's 17th highest rated player in the game in terms of current ability. He also has the highest potential ability.

He is not your best striker in the game. He might get the highest star rating in a team report, but that is not necessarily accurate. And neither should it be.

Luka Tankulic,Greg Stewart, Martin Boyle and Philip Roberts all have higher current ability than he does.

David Clarkson doesn't, but he was signed after the Dundee researcher last had his file to edit and had only played two games by the time the data was locked.

Yeah people seem to assume the assistant reports (or scout reports) are 100% accurate when it all depends on thier ability.

Dundee do seem incredibly weak though, while every Scottish side has far too much money.

Craig Wighton is Dundee's 17th highest rated player in the game in terms of current ability. He also has the highest potential ability.

He is not your best striker in the game. He might get the highest star rating in a team report, but that is not necessarily accurate. And neither should it be.

Luka Tankulic,Greg Stewart, Martin Boyle and Philip Roberts all have higher current ability than he does.

David Clarkson doesn't, but he was signed after the Dundee researcher last had his file to edit and had only played two games by the time the data was locked.

Can you please address the major flaws with the Dundee side rather than something I already said was subjective? Thanks. Dundee is a mess this year on FM.

Can you please address the major flaws with the Dundee side rather than something I already said was subjective? Thanks. Dundee is a mess this year on FM.

I can only address these problems myself in the next official data update.

But to respond to them...

Gerry Creaney joined Dundee after data lock, so that isn't something you can complain about us not doing.

The other staff issues are good points, and there's a failure on the part of both the Alloa and Dundee researchers to make the physio one happen.

In terms of positions, Paul McGowan's position will have been set by the St. Mirren researcher, and though the Dundee researcher could have tweaked him a little bit, it's not generally good practice to overwrite someone else's work on the basis of a handful of matches.

Iain Davidson has 19 for DC and 20 for MC and DMC, so to say he isn't listed as a DC at all is just not true. You either didn't look properly or you're exaggerating for effect. If he's played the majority of his career as a midfielder and has moved back to defence, then 19 for DC is not inappropriate.

I'm not an expert on Jim McAllister, but saying that he "hasn't played AMC in all his puff" is useless if you want me to address it. Where does he regularly play and what do you think should be his natural position

I accept these are issues, but like I say, I can't address them until I next update my database next. In spite of the data issues forum at SI being available for two weeks to report issues before the game's release, a full data update to address every issue was never going to happen, and that was explained on the forum.

However, if you feel it negatively affects the game for you, in the interim you can adjust them to your satisfaction with the pre-game editor.

I know that's not ideal, but that is a solution.

As with every year, I'll be addressing any concerns the public have had with my research team.

Been sacked by Stirling before Christmas, what a joke :thumbsdown

I was 7th and building up a good wee squad with a few more players due to come in January. I lost 3 games on the bounce and then the chairman told me I had to get 10 points in the next 5 games or I would be out the door. Got 9 points and was bumped

The injuries have pretty much ruined my first game although I'm hoping I can hang on and avoid the sack! About ten games into my Utd season and Ciftci, Bilate, Dow, GMS and Rankin all have long term injuries so I'm forced to play half my U20s squad right now and I'm struggling big time.

I know a few people are saying particular teams are overrated but I wonder if it is just the nature of the Scottish Premiership being so tight. Currently St.Johnstone are romping the league with Celtic a lowly 6th.

Has anyone had any teams relegated from League Two? Out of curiosity I've been running a game as unemployed and just reached the third season. So far East Stirlingshire beat Clach in the first and second seasons and Montrose have just beaten Deveronvale in the third season.

Archived