Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

Noticed that Queen's Park were skooshing League Two, and had just knocked St Johnstone out the cup. Look at their team and it's this...

How... Whit... Eh?!

attachicon.gifQueen's Park_ Players All Players.png

Surely some sort of bug to do with their amateur status?

They are challenging at the top end of the Championship in my 5th season in FM at the moment, with the likes of David Goodwillie and Danny Fox playing for them.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started an Airdrie game last night and its going really well.

Playing a solid 4-4-2, which really isn't my most trusted formation, but it fits the team well, Nathan Blockley has been the star in the holding role with Luca Gasparotto a cut above. Jamie Bain was firing the goals in before getting injured. Interestingly, got Aberdeen as a parent club and signed Alan Forrest on loan after he went to them for £8k.

We knocked out Dumbarton and Raith in the cups before going to Kilmarnock and losing in extra time, and being humiliated by Morton at Cappielow, then went back there the next week in the league and disposed of them 3-1. Got Kilmarnock now again in the Scottish Cup Fourth Round, so hopefully I'll be able to deal some revenge.

We're sitting 3rd in the league having only lost one game, but we've drawn five of our thirteen games, winning seven. It pleases me that we're hard to beat, but we are passing up so many chances up front, Prunty is woeful, Lister is too slow and doesn't move and John Boyle is moderately competent.

Keigan Parker plays the supporting role well with Bain and Watt on the wings. Hammill (weirdly) and Blockley are the holding pair. Gasparotto and Richards-Everton are the centre halves but most probably going back to their parent clubs, with O'Neill and Paddy Boyle the full backs. I'll post some pictures if I get a chance later.

Got this a few days ago.

Seriously, how over rated are St Mirren in this?

Used up the remainder of my wage budget to sign Mcginn on a 5 year deal, signed Pascal Feindouno and Ivan Klasnic on free transfers. Klasnic only on £700 and is a tank. Will do a job until Thommo returns from injury.

Teale is on £2200 a week which is staggering, trying to punt him but nobody is going near him. Newcastle loaned me Shane Ferguson and a young Spaniard so I'll be punting Drury back to Man City to save £1200 a week and hopefully sign a centre half. Brian McLean wants £800 a week but a 2 year deal, I'm that desperate I am tempted to sign him.

Having started st mirren several times here's a few tips.

Give Teale and Goodwin mutual releases make sure you sign a assistant manager before slinging them as you won't have the filter system available, sign McGinn and Wylde up on long contracts remembering to take out the minimum release clauses.

Oh an fill your boots with Newcastle players, I took vukic Campbell ferguson Curtis good an remi streete

Another trick I've learned is to give anyone worth signing on a free a trial first and let them leave the club that way both your "new assistant" and when they leave your scout will both have reported on him.

I'm 10 games in on my new st mirren save with 2 defeats one where Dundee United pumped me 3-2 we never turned up for this match... And the other a 1-0 win for Celtic where I had just made three subs on the 70th minute the bell got injured reducing me to ten men, tbh they were all over us the entire match with many goalmouth scrambles. I actually though we would have gotten something from the game though as I was getting behind the defence with Campbell who missed two sitters, oh well.

A few of the Newcastle reserves are injured atm :( . I'm at August the 30th, hopefully they send a few more up. Campbell looks superb.

Teale won't settle his contract and theres no way I'm giving him 200k to piss off. Looks like I'm stuck with him, I don't have the heart to release Goodwin :shutup .

Aye Wylde is amazing too.

post-19852-0-54057200-1420589024_thumb.p

You get to it by clicking on the wee globe next to the FM icon, then the world tab, then transfers.

It's a godsend after a while - after 2/3 seasons you just start looking at youth departures at clubs with good youth setups, and you can get some absolute golden regens.

EDIT: sorry, think I've misread your post and you know that already!

AFAIK the world tab shows all transfers? It's a bit too clunky in June/July because thats when the bulk of players are released, but its worth checking month to month nonetheless.

His problem is probably that he's managing Clyde and has it filtered to only show realistic targets...

I haven't been Clyde in FM since about 2010. I would consider myself quite good at FM in general but I just have no interest in managing in Scotland.

Coming to the end of my first season and I played about six game weeks last night, fixing all sorts of shit out like contracts etc and my game crashed which was a b*****d. The first season at Dynamo is a bit frustrating because you have all these diddies out of loan on huge contracts (Niko Krancjar and Marco Ruben on £32k a week each) whilst a lot of my first team are on £2-£5k a week. First game, Supercup vs Shakhtar, lost on penalties after a 4-4 draw which saw me take the lead after 50 seconds, go 4-1 behind before equalising scenes in injury time. Kept, from memory, 17 clean sheets from a possible 24 in the league which is good going. Pumped out the Europa League by Twente after winning first leg 3-1 and then despite playing a rigid 4-1-4-1, I lost the away leg 7-3. Literally seething at some of the defending during that game.

Won the league comfortably and will take care of Karpaty in the cup final. Once the second season is finished and I can get rid of the ridiculously large squad the better. Instead of signing a host of new players I reckon I will just try to keep most of them, which is proving difficult as half of them want to leave.

Anyone using Joe McLaughlin, i have him as assistant manager his stats are pretty awesome for a cheapo.

RyBkdv.png

post-19852-0-57236200-1420637525_thumb.p

We both signed him at near enough the same time in game! I got him on lower wages than you, too. :P Joe Corrigan as GK Coach is very, very good as well - think I have him on £230 p/w, which is an absolute steal.

EDIT: I've just looked at your screenshot and he's tied up til 2019 as well! Think staff wage demands must vary from club to club. I'm not sure if its a bug or if its meant to reflect that staff like long term job security - if a staff member like oor Joe is demanding, say, £800 p/w on a two year deal, you can offer about £400 - £500 on a five year deal and they'll accept it. Don't even need to use yearly wage clauses! Really handy way to a) get staff who would otherwise be just out of reach of your coaching budget b) still get a good compensation deal if they get poached and c) if used on just about all backroom staff, shave a hefty chunk off the staff wages.

post-19852-0-26806400-1420637759_thumb.p

Anyone using Joe McLaughlin, i have him as assistant manager his stats are pretty awesome for a cheapo.

RyBkdv.png

Andy Holden has pretty decent stats, so unless he wants to leave/poached by another club or retires, I'll just jot down McLaughlin's name on my important pad for important people with important future duties.. I mean I'll add his name to a notepad file I have to remind me of people to look at in the game :rolleyes:

Edit: 20 level of discipling? Can the players sneeze without being fined a weeks wages? :P

Need high stats in motivation level of discipline and determination.

Jot that doon tae.

I think the three stats you mentioned are all vital in terms of coaching?

i.e. a coach with 20 attacking coaching but 1's in everything else is only going to give you about 3* - 3 1/2* in the attacking category; high discipline etc. is what bumps it up to 4* and above.

Also DAVE - jot doon Joe Corrigan, cant stress that enough - I think he was Man City's GK coach but, for some reason, I got him on buttons and he single handedly gives 3 1/2* coaching to both handling and shot stopping.

Archived