Shit characters in good TV programmes

The OP

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is without doubt the single most overrated show in recent years. Interesting first few seasons then very quickly became and stayed mediocre fare until the end. Usual bullshit American cash-cowing of a promising first season.

Regarding shiit characters, this guy immediately springs to mind for the ultimate irrelevance of the role...

BB-S4-RJ-Mitte-Interview-325.jpg

Baws.... For starters The Wire wasn't a well known programme after the First Season. It grew with the Seasons similar in fact to Breaking Bad , as the word spread it's following grew.

The Wire up to about Season 2-3 was described by David Simon as kind of a secret under ground club/society with limited membership. It then picked up and grew in stature.

As previously mentioned Season 4 was awesome TV. Season 5 was decent but disappointing to an extent.

Back on Track with the thread, pointless characters I would have to agree with Unser in SOA.... Guys been dying for years...

Baws.... For starters The Wire wasn't a well known programme after the First Season. It grew with the Seasons similar in fact to Breaking Bad , as the word spread it's following grew.

The Wire up to about Season 2-3 was described by David Simon as kind of a secret under ground club/society with limited membership. It then picked up and grew in stature.

As previously mentioned Season 4 was awesome TV. Season 5 was decent but disappointing to an extent.

That's nice to know about how The Wire developed a following as I came to it a few years later and watched somewhat en-bulk, I suppose like many people. I stand by what I said though, it started off well and descended into mediocrity thereafter with an interesting episode here or there. I'm not saying it's bad, but that it is watchable television that has been tremendously overrated for reasons that I really cannot fathom. There was better TV on at the time, has been better since, and there's better now.

Manny in Modern Family is an irritating little shite. The rest are excellent characters but he does my head in at times.

Aside from being a wee sex pest as noted, Manny has some absolute belters.

I'm amazed nobody has mentioned Daenerys in Game of Thrones, who aside from getting her kit off in the first few seasons, has been wandering about doing f**k all while shit is going down in Westeroes.

Also in Game of Thrones, Robb Stark was a completely boring c**t. I genuinely had no interest in what happened to him compared to the rest of the family. Jon Snow might be the b*****d, but he's still far more interesting than Robb's story.

That's nice to know about how The Wire developed a following as I came to it a few years later and watched somewhat en-bulk, I suppose like many people. I stand by what I said though, it started off well and descended into mediocrity thereafter with an interesting episode here or there. I'm not saying it's bad, but that it is watchable television that has been tremendously overrated for reasons that I really cannot fathom. There was better TV on at the time, has been better since, and there's better now.

This is the part of an internet disagreement where I ask you what is better, you name things and then I act superior and dismissive.

Although fantastic to look at, there's something incredibly irritating about Meadow Soprano.

If we're talking about The Sopranos it has to be Artie Bucco for me. Between his hand gestures and sheer desperation to fit in the man is just a wall of cringe.

This is the part of an internet disagreement where I ask you what is better, you name things and then I act superior and dismissive.

Eastenders.

I dare you, I double muthafuckin dare you.

Archived