Euro 2016 qualifiers

Mr Bairn

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Poland win decreases our chances of the top two, but increases our chances of third.

An Ireland win increases our chances of the top two, but also increases our chances of the dreaded fourth. Indeed we would be in fourth this evening if Ireland win.

A draw doesn't change much.

If you know what I mean...

A Poland win decreases our chances of the top two, but increases our chances of third.

An Ireland win increases our chances of the top two, but also increases our chances of the dreaded fourth. Indeed we would be in fourth this evening if Ireland win.

A draw doesn't change much.

If you know what I mean...

No we wouldn't. It goes on head-to-head. We'd be above them because we beat them at home.

No we wouldn't. It goes on head-to-head. We'd be above them because we beat them at home.

Ah my bad was thinking it was GD. Bit of a duff way of doing it during the tournament given we have still to go there though.

I'm right in saying if we lose there it goes to overall GD?

Ah my bad was thinking it was GD. Bit of a duff way of doing it during the tournament given we have still to go there though.

I'm right in saying if we lose there it goes to overall GD?

There was a ridiculous amount of scaremongering on the BBC during the game, with people basically saying we'd fucked qualifying up by only scoring six goals. That's despite the fact that GD doesn't come into it and results against the sixth placed teams are discounted when it comes to ties due to there being only five teams in some groups.

There was a ridiculous amount of scaremongering on the BBC during the game, with people basically saying we'd fucked qualifying up by only scoring six goals. That's despite the fact that GD doesn't come into it and results against the sixth placed teams are discounted when it comes to ties due to there being only five teams in some groups.

Wait, so it's head to head. Then what? Then goal difference in the head to heads or overall goal difference excluding the goals against the bottom team?

:S

Wait, so it's head to head. Then what? Then goal difference in the head to heads or overall goal difference excluding the goals against the bottom team?

Head-to-head takes in a lot of things - it's basically a mini table that only includes the games between the teams. So points, goal difference then goals scored.

Then it's overall goal difference, goals scored then your UEFA coefficient.

In our group, head-to-head, followed by goal difference. In terms of finishing third and hoping to be the best third placed side, goals scored against Gibraltar are completely irrelevant.

1. Head to head between teams tied
  2. Goal difference in games between teams tied
  3. Most goals scored in games between teams tied
  4. Most away goals in games between teams tied
  5. Overall goal difference
  6. Overall away goals scored
  7. Overall fair play conduct
  8. Coefficient ranking

The "best placed" third placed outfit qualify automatically. To determine the "best placed" third place team all results against the bottom side in their respective group is discarded.

Carew and Riise were just as hilarious :lol:

They were both great players in their time

Hleb ran the show when Belarus beat us 1-0 too. When was the last time a Scottish player played an important part for Barcelona and Arsenal?

Archived