The Arbroath Thread

Fortunately we've not been cut adrift at the foot of the table (yet) but I personally think it's time to change this system of 1 up top. At this level 2 strikers is nearly always a better option. Give hester a run, with a target man (Grehan/Rutherford)next to him. Linn down the right, Reid/Ramsey on the left whipping crosses into the box. I'd give Todd til mid Jan to pick things up, unless we lose all games left in 2015.

Mid January? Why? If we are going to sack him it has to be before then so a new manager can come in and improve the areas of the team he sees fit during the window.

I am only giving my view on here and I understand we all want the best for the club as supporters but I think his time is up and it's time to get this fixed before it ends up being too late. He's had 24 games, 3/4s of a league season overall.

If Bobby Linn decides to leave in January,and who could blame him playing for a disjointed shambolic mess of a team,we might need to get the road to the highlands map looked out as he is carrying this team all on his own,and the thought of him not in the team fills me with dread

The excuse that the league is very tight was reasonable up until recently, but now Todd simply HAS to mix things up. Hester deserves a chance to start a game, because neither Rutherford or Grehan has taken the opportunities they've been given. Gold for me is horrendous, he doesn't contribute nearly enough and Reid should be given a chance ahead of him. Watson is wasted in CM, where he doesn't look comfortable. Play him RB or CB where he looks assured.

Cant understand the situation with some players sitting on the bench that should be playing,the misuse of Reid who comes from an SPL team all the way down the ladder to Arbroath and sits on his arse,when on loan to Elgin he is played in behind the strikers (not on the wings) and scores something like 4 goals in 9 games with some assists,pair him up with Linn that gives you too wee tricky players ripping the defence apart for Lumsden's one up front setup,its worth a try,cant get any worse

Cant understand the situation with some players sitting on the bench that should be playing,the misuse of Reid who comes from an SPL team all the way down the ladder to Arbroath and sits on his arse,when on loan to Elgin he is played in behind the strikers (not on the wings) and scores something like 4 goals in 9 games with some assists,pair him up with Linn that gives you too wee tricky players ripping the defence apart for Lumsden's one up front setup,its worth a try,cant get any worse

Hate to say it but I agree with what you've said here.

Thanks Lichtie78, I just want to see Arbroath at the top where they belong and as you know I have been against Lumsden getting the job in the first place, just look at what he done to Albion,he has to go before January,its our only chance.There's some good talent at Arbroath but they are not being played in the best positions that suit them. Lumsden was the cheap option and it has back fired.

I don't think many wanted Lumsden if any to be honest. Most once appointed were ready to give him a chance and get behind him and rightfully so. Negativity from the start was uncalled for. That said he's had a chance now and it's not working. He needs to change his philosophy or its time to go.

He's had long enough for me.

Apart from Tim and LL I've not seen anybody say otherwise, when fans have that mindset there's not any going back IMO, minds are made up, unless there's a drastic improvement people's opinions won't change, which is highly unlikely.

I reckon we'll lose to QP but Beat Berwick, meaning Todd will stay on.

Great, 1 win in 2 months saves him his job. Delaying the inevitable, depending on the scores on Saturday the game on Tuesday could be a 6 pointer to see who is bottom.

I've seen enough. I remember being in the Moore to stay camp and everybody telling me I was mental. Swapped positions now.

Great, 1 win in 2 months saves him his job. Delaying the inevitable, depending on the scores on Saturday the game on Tuesday could be a 6 pointer to see who is bottom.

I've seen enough. I remember being in the Moore to stay camp and everybody telling me I was mental. Swapped positions now.

A 6 pointer in December?

:lol: