The Arbroath Thread

Have you still got him on Facebook? Send him a PM....he will surely be a free agent and fancy a game

A game? Did you not read my comment regarding this being a serious competitive game? Lari can be mascot or ballboy if he decides to participate, but we can't risk him in games like this, we need to have our best players/ fans on the pitch at all times.

I can play the Makelele role no bad

Ecto as manager

Seriously though this cup can get so far to f**k what a farce this is, hope we go up and try get beat about 10-0 or something.

Total joke and very annoying

As Claude Makelele hasn't played for the club, yet, you are not able to take up his role. I will however allow you to play the Kevin Nicoll role. Take a razor to yer heid, sharpen your elbows and practice your Cruyff turns in preparation for the big day please. We will give you half an hour, and if you haven't broken a single opposition players leg by this point you will be substituted in disgrace.

We're lacking upfront currently, do we have anyone willing to take on the Holmer role? I've noticed in the last few years a number of our fans have made lasting tributes to Holmer by modelling themselves on his physique, but do any of them have the skills to play as a target man?

We're lacking upfront currently, do we have anyone willing to take on the Holmer role? I've noticed in the last few years a number of our fans have made lasting tributes to Holmer by modelling themselves on his physique, but do any of them have the skills to play as a target man?

I know of a certain Rangers minded chap who may be willing to perform the Stefan Klos role in the pins

Can me or my baw play. Im also no bad at doing a robbie fowler

:lol: Well I guess after the pre match pints (may I remind everyone it is a maximum of 3, we have to be professional about this) we may need a wee pick me up in order too regain some 'focus' for the 90 minutes ahead. We will consider you as an honorary diddy team fan and you can play in the Adam Strachan role.

I know of a certain Rangers minded chap who may be willing to perform the Stefan Klos role in the pins

Having observed the individual in questions alcohol intake on long away days, I would be very doubtful of his ability to stick to the strict 3 pints or less pre match rule. However, I have also observed several Calum Brodieesque saves made by him on the astroturf behind the goal at Annan at half time when he has been slightly worse for wear which has proved to me that despite being a mess of a man, he may still be able to perform for us when highly intoxicated. We'll take him, but may leave him on the bench with a 2 litre bottle of vodka, blackcurrent and lemonade for company.

:lol: Well I guess after the pre match pints (may I remind everyone it is a maximum of 3, we have to be professional about this) we may need a wee pick me up in order too regain some 'focus' for the 90 minutes ahead. We will consider you as an honorary diddy team fan and you can play in the Adam Strachan role.

Having observed the individual in questions alcohol intake on long away days, I would be very doubtful of his ability to stick to the strict 3 pints or less pre match rule. However, I have also observed several Calum Brodieesque saves made by him on the astroturf behind the goal at Annan at half time when he has been slightly worse for wear which has proved to me that despite being a mess of a man, he may still be able to perform for us when highly intoxicated. We'll take him, but may leave him on the bench with a 2 litre bottle of vodka, blackcurrent and lemonade for company.

I can assure you he performs better when under the influence

I can assure you he performs better when under the influence

First friendly next Sunday, at the moment we're looking at this...

Mutch

Wilson

Little

Dunlop

Hamilton

Linn

McCord

Whatley

Kader

Prunty

Doris

Bench:

Gold

Malin

Hester

And some trialists, or hopefully more signings before then.

First friendly next Sunday, at the moment we're looking at this...

Mutch

Wilson

Little

Dunlop

Hamilton

Linn

McCord

Whatley

Kader

Prunty

Doris

Bench:

Gold

Malin

Hester

And some trialists, or hopefully more signings before then.

A GK a RB and a CH and we're looking good id say. Needing another striker and a couple of attacking midfield players too.

Genuinely looking forward to next Sunday, how sad, been far too long though

I used to play outside left for the lads club under 12s about 45 yrs ago ... should be available if my backs no playing up.

Excellent - we need someone to play on the left. Don't worry about your back, we'll play you in the Jim Gardner role so you won't need to make any quick movements or bursts of pace.

So what's the team looking like? Simon start filling a line up up/formation.. Fs gaffer.

Inverness Under 20s, were coming for you

GK - Christopher 'The Cat' Robb.

DR - Simon 'Banjo' Lichtie

DC - The Fermer

MR - Shawfield shed boy - every team needs a ringer/ Class A drug supplier

MC - 1320Lichtie in the holding/ hatchet man role

MC - Lichtie23 as our creative player

MC - Lichtie78 in the David Gold role

ML - Redscot

'In the hole' - Lichtielegend

I think we should go for a 4-6-0 formation with LL our furthest forward player, which leaves us missing another DC and DL. For the DC I suggest we have trials at Gayfield and whoever can consistently punt the ball onto the A92 will be given the Innes Ritchie role. For our left back, I think we should look for a Stevie Fallon esque #baller. Does anyone know someone who has never seen a game of football before and never kicked a ball? If so, they would be ideal to fill Fallon's shoes.

Excellent - we need someone to play on the left. Don't worry about your back, we'll play you in the Jim Gardner role so you won't need to make any quick movements or bursts of pace.

GK - Christopher 'The Cat' Robb.

DR - Simon 'Banjo' Lichtie

DC - The Fermer

MR - Shawfield shed boy - every team needs a ringer/ Class A drug supplier

MC - 1320Lichtie in the holding/ hatchet man role

MC - Lichtie23 as our creative player

MC - Lichtie78 in the David Gold role

ML - Redscot

'In the hole' - Lichtielegend

I think we should go for a 4-6-0 formation with LL our furthest forward player, which leaves us missing another DC and DL. For the DC I suggest we have trials at Gayfield and whoever can consistently punt the ball onto the A92 will be given the Innes Ritchie role. For our left back, I think we should look for a Stevie Fallon esque #baller. Does anyone know someone who has never seen a game of football before and never kicked a ball? If so, they would be ideal to fill Fallon's shoes.

You forgot our "lanky bespectacled hoor" on the left

Impact sub

After my successful spell as player manager of the winning side at a 7's tournament in Inverkeillor back in 2012, I'm now relegated to an "impact sub". Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I'd be willing to play and am quite versatile.

Central midfield I can play the box-to-box role like Marc-Vivien Foe or the creative role like Phil O'Donnell

Alternatively I can play wide left in the Antonio Puerta role or upfront in the Miklos Feher role.

I'm not the greatest player but I can guarantee I will run all day until my heart gives out.