The Arbroath Thread

Tickets and new Away kit

From 2pm on Sunday afternoon, prior to kick off against Motherwell there will be a chance to buy Season Tickets and tickets for the Betfred Cup game against Dundee United. Both will be on sale upstairs in the Caird Suite.

Also from 2.15pm the club shop will be open and the new away kit will be available to buy for the first time.

Will there be a pay at the gate on the night?

I also managed to have a chat with the chairman last night regarding our game against Inverness U20s, and unfortunately the dream of us representing the club is dead. While JC thought the idea was a good one, the SPFL have rules where we need to play our strongest team (seriously) and if we played a weakened team they would probably fine us. Sadly this fine would probably outweigh the costs we would save by playing the fans.

I'm fairly confident that if we had tried this last season it would have been okay, and the only risk we would have run would have been when we reverted to the 'first team' after the fans played, which could have been viewed by the SPFL as a weaker team considering it is highly likely that we would have performed better than the 'first team' did in the majority of games.

Since the dream is dead, I shall revert to my backup plan of camping from the Saturday to the Tuesday in the car park of the Caledonian Stadium with several hundred litres of white cider for company.

Stymied by red tape. Short sightedness on behalf of the authorities. Little wonder we don't qualify for world cups anymore!

It depends on how ticket sales go between now and the game.  We won't know until nearer the time.

Best insurance if you want to go is to buy one while you can.

Thanks

Will there be a pay at the gate on the night?

I see Motherwell are playing today as well. Will be interesting to see what team they play tomorrow. Could feature a few under 20s.....which will be perfect warm up for our assault on the challenge cup

Lovely

I'm looking forward to everybody saying we're either going to win the league or Campbell out after we win or lose today :lol:

Looking forward to seeing Hammy and Doris back, and seeing McCord, Kader and hopefully Prunty too.

That game was eye bleedingly bad but always good to get a win. Kadar was my standout but thought Hamilton and Little we're both solid at the back

Trialists wise I'd have another look at Thompson but Phillips and the ex Sevco lad look average at best.

1st half was boring but 2nd half ok.

Thomson was very decent I thought, solid and nothing fancy but bit of pace about him and tidy on ball. Phillips done a job but wouldn't sign him. Hamilton was absolutely excellent and Little good too.

Wilson done a job. McCord was class everything he touched was good. Some passer of the ball. Whatley had a good game. Kader caused bother in the 2nd half.

Doris worked like f**k and scored a good goal, great seeing him back and Hester put in some shift too.

Ogen hopeless. Gold was good.

Good first run about anyway. Never seen Linn/Prunty or Dunlop bit hopefully see them this week at some point.

That game was eye bleedingly bad but always good to get a win. Kadar was my standout but thought Hamilton and Little we're both solid at the back

Trialists wise I'd have another look at Thompson but Phillips and the ex Sevco lad look average at best.

Did not think Phillips was to bad, no harm in another look, but do agree Thompson did well, but am not sure what you expected for a pre-season game, but today showed how we play Steven Doris, give him 55mins, take him off give him a rest, send him back on, are se really still using "sevco"?, surely we have moved on?

Edited by ecto

Would be absolutely delighted if we could sign the 2nd halfs keeper. Wonder if he'll be there again Tuesday

Would be a signing, but he had nothing to do, I could have played in goal for us today

Pleased that Mutch is bigger than I expected, was scared we'd have a midget in goals. Thompson looks a steady player and I wouldn't be against offering him a deal. Little solid as usual and Hamilton very good at the back. Phillips didn't really do much for me at LM last pre-season and he didn't do much at LB today either. Wilson did a job at RM, happy to have him in the squad. Whatley played fairly well, hoping he can put last season behind him. McCord looked brilliant, played some very nice stuff in the first half. Kader started slowly but came into the game and got himself in some good positions. Fantastic seeing a proper striker up front after last season and 2 years and 7 months after his last goal for Arbroath, Doris scoring the winner was class. Hester with some decent link up play but not much goal threat. Off the bench McCallum didn't have much to do, but I'd feel much better with him signed. It would definitely soften the blow of missing out on Douglas, Adam, McGurn and Gallacher. Like some have already said, I'm fairly sure he'll sign if he doesn't get a full time deal and I can't think of many full time teams who need a first choice keeper. Gold didn't do too badly but I still think it's a strange decision to keep him on. Ogen looks pretty meh but I'd like another look at him.