The Arbroath Thread

Just for clarification:
If Doris scores 14 or fewer league goals this year, you win?
If Doris scores 15 or more league goals this year, I win?
If he moves club (unlikely, but need to factor it in), league goals for other club count too?
I'll take your charity tenner please. If I win, you pay £10 to RNLI Arbroath
Edit to add: Playoff goals don't count?

Can Doris get 4 more to get up to 15?

11 hours ago, Big lichtie said:

is he not on 12 goals

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nope
11 in league

12 in league if you look at 8:37 in this video

I hope it doesn't come down to an argument about who scored it...

(To be fair, that video is probably the only source to credit Stevie with the goal)

12 in league if you look at 8:37 in

I hope it doesn't come down to an argument about who scored it...
(To be fair, that video is probably the only source to credit Stevie with the goal)

I was behind the goal and personally thought it was going in before Cox diverted it in. Every news outlet has put it down as an own goal though.

Heya lads, I'm actually coming over to Scotland for once instead of pretending to know what I'm talking about on a footy forum,  and it seems like I'll be travelling with the Edinburgh City fans to Gayfield this Saturday.

Understood from others that Arbroath is one of the best away days in League 2, so really looking forward to visiting town. Any highlights I should definitely visit (besides the match and club shop ofc)? Things I should try apart from Smokies? I understand the pies at the stalls next to the main stand are really good?

Heya lads, I'm actually coming over to Scotland for once instead of pretending to know what I'm talking about on a footy forum,  and it seems like I'll be travelling with the Edinburgh City fans to Gayfield this Saturday.
Understood from others that Arbroath is one of the best away days in League 2, so really looking forward to visiting town. Any highlights I should definitely visit (besides the match and club shop ofc)? Things I should try apart from Smokies? I understand the pies at the stalls next to the main stand are really good?

Tutties pre match for a pint, Bell Rock buffet, Smokies and then enjoy the main event at the Stadium of Licht

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Tutties pre match for a pint, Bell Rock buffet, Smokies and then enjoy the main event at the Stadium of Licht

Had my eye on Tutties already, if only because Neuk means as much as screwing in Dutch. Visiting makes for a good anecdote.

Figure the harbour is well worth a trip down the road too?

Bell rock buffet is average

Lukewarm chippy food in a buffet, brilliant if you love plenty of chippy food at a warm temperate like I do but if you're right nothing special.

Someone said they loved the signal house tower museum when they'd visited, harbour is very bonnie at times too especially on a sunny day, abbey is by far the most iconic thing in the town, massive part of Scotlands history.

If I were you I'd just have an ice cream and a smokie at the harbour and a few pints in tutties before the game. Doubt you'd have much time to do much else.

Think a lot of people say that because you can get the train, there's plenty of pubs and Gayfield is a great lower league ground tbf dunno if that's based on the tourism aspect of it. ;)

Think a lot of people say that because you can get the train, there's plenty of pubs and Gayfield is a great lower league ground tbf dunno if that's based on the tourism aspect of it. [emoji6]

Gayfield is my favourite away ground anyway. Hope we both go up

Why is nobody celebrating that we've definitely got a play off place? [emoji322][emoji106][emoji4]

Cause we could easily be top if we'd just got the points we'd deserved in games. Obviously happy but at the same time you're sitting just 1 off the top and thinking back to games like Stirling away, Annan at home etc. We really could be well clear at this moment in time.

The first leg of it is going to be a nuisance by the way. Away to annan or Elgin it looks like midweek...

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Cause we could easily be top if we'd just got the points we'd deserved in games. Obviously happy but at the same time you're sitting just 1 off the top and thinking back to games like Stirling away, Annan at home etc. We really could be well clear at this moment in time.

The first leg of it is going to be a nuisance by the way. Away to annan or Elgin it looks like midweek...

or Montrose or Stirling