The Arbroath Thread

2 years ago we had 13-14 players already signed up at this stage. Really hope there are several announcements this week.

It will be fine, don't need to know everything about transfers or who the targets are, trust the management team to get the players in

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Massive well done to Simon Murray by the way. Dundee Violet to Hibs in 3 years.

Hopefully see him back in the maroon one day if he goes back to Part Time.

Wonder if our board were astute enough to include any clauses for getting something from this deal? 

We did have clauses within the Simon Murray deal, but as has been mentioned it's a free transfer to Hibs so all clauses have either been paid up previously or are now null and void - if he'd gone for a fee in January I'm sure we'd have got a percentage.

In terms of lack of announcements in terms of signings - I'm not worried at all as we know there is plenty going on in the background, and I'm fairly positive at this stage more contracts have been signed than have been announced, and more still will have been verbally agreed. Obviously we can't announce verbal agreements until the ink is dried (we did that with Scott McBride a few years ago and he ended up signing for Albion Rovers), but I am slightly surprised we haven't made an announcement in terms of who was offered new deals/ who wasn't which we usually do most years.

Was going to ask about if we get anymore money for Simon going to Hibs but SimonLichtie has cleared that up.

Surprised Jimmy has signed for Stenny, good player who did drop form the last few months but would have rather had him in my team than against me, all the best to him, i am assuming we never offered him a contract for whatever reason.

Do not fear heard we have a few really good signings lined up.

Dougie hill is probably the main reason we've went from relegation dog fight to playoff winners, him and Jacko have been great all season, rejected a new deal as wanted a new challenge, don't know if that translates to more money or he thinks that's  as good as it gets at us, either way he will be great for whoever snaps him up, heard he was goin to Arbroath or raith 

Heard that O'Brien, Denholm and Skelly are very close to signing for Arbroath.

In the courier. Can't wait to see it confirmed (well potentially).

Absolutely love Denholm and Forfar fans were desperate to tell us TOB was on his way to 'bigger and better things'.

Suppose they could well be right. :lol: