The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, Big lichtie said:

a well done to afc today great to see the players with the fans today every player went out of there way to sign shirts pose for selfies talk to fans well done to the club

It was a good day and a good thing the club did today, but I assume all players there today are signed up for next season?, and did anyone else see the former chairman standing on his own at the back of the terrace at the "plesh" end

6 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

i.m.o.with players like Fletcher,Pirie,Penman etc, and scoring against a great Celtic side within 40 seconds there is no doubt the 73-74 team were better.

Like it great stat.

In my lifetime probably the year we finished was it 7th in the First Division? Under John Brownlie, going away to St Mirren the year they came down and winning 3-2 a particular highlight. Circa 2001-02?

Edited by Mexico

20 minutes ago, Mexico said:

In my lifetime probably the year we finished was it 7th in the First Division? Under John Brownlie, going away to St Mirren the year they came down and winning 3-2 a particular highlight. Circa 2001-02?

One of my favourite games ever.

i.m.o.with players like Fletcher,Pirie,Penman etc, and scoring against a great Celtic side within 40 seconds there is no doubt the 73-74 team were better.

This is the correct answer

I loved that season. Wins at Ayr, Falkirk and Dingwall (x2) as well

I loved that season. Wins at Ayr, Falkirk and Dingwall (x2) as well

That day at Falkirk 3-2 Was special. Knew we would stay up after that. Goals from Geordie Rowe, header from Andy Cargill and one from John Macaulay if I remember right. Brilliant.