The Arbroath Thread

RIGHT AFC FANS HERE ARE THE TRUE FACTS AFTER SPEAKING TO SOMEONE FROM THE CLUB YESTERDAY :-

Steven Doris has had a scan on his injury and a second consultation and is getting his operation in the next 2/3 weeks and all paid for by Arbroath Football Club at a cost of £6k = fact.

Sorry if this disappoints the rumour mill brigade who spread crap without knowing the facts first.

Great victory yesterday against a brutal time wasting Bridie Munching Thugs, they got all they deserved in the end, i thought Goldie was superb when he came on and Hester and Prunts played very good as well when they came on, was not one of Hammys best games and he was caught out a few times, the referee and officials were shocking also.

Sir Bobby's goal and celebrations were superb.

RIGHT AFC FANS HERE ARE THE TRUE FACTS AFTER SPEAKING TO SOMEONE FROM THE CLUB YESTERDAY :-
Steven Doris has had a scan on his injury and a second consultation and is getting his operation in the next 2/3 weeks and all paid for by Arbroath Football Club at a cost of £6k = fact.
Sorry if this disappoints the rumour mill brigade who spread crap without knowing the facts first.
Great victory yesterday against a brutal time wasting Bridie Munching Thugs, they got all they deserved in the end, i thought Goldie was superb when he came on and Hester and Prunts played very good as well when they came on, was not one of Hammys best games and he was caught out a few times, the referee and officials were shocking also.

Good news on the Doris front

Any chance the next free Saturday we have we could organise a Davie Gold special where we pay our £14 to watch him do a variety of stepovers and showboating for 90 minutes? Would be worth every penny in my opinion.

In fact 14 quid was a bargain

Excellent news about Doris.

Hopefully he can come back just as strong for next season.

3 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

The club have seen the anger of the fans on the issue and u-turned on this matter. FACT.

I can tell you this is a fact because I have written fact at the end of the statement in block capitals.

[emoji1360][emoji4]

Great news indeed on the Steven Doris situation. 

13 hours ago, HeraldSchumacher said:

The club have seen the anger of the fans on the issue and u-turned on this matter. FACT.

I can tell you this is a fact because I have written fact at the end of the statement in block capitals.

That's a load of cobblers Schumacher :P

It was mentoned in the announcement regarding Ricky that other contract news may be coming up this week...

With ToB, Denholm, Swankie, Yule and Ricky Little signed up, the only other players who I can think we'd look to get signed up for another year already would be Whatley, Hammy, Bobby Linn or David Gold. Potentially also Omar as a rotation option, and if we did go up/ challenge up the top next year he'd be a good backup option to have on I assume a relatively small wage in comparison to the others we already have signed.

I don't think any of the others in our squad currently have proved themselves/ done well enough this year to get the offer of another year at this stage?

Hammy has been pish this year and i think a few teams have notice this as a weakness. I rate him but its like he’s forgotten how to play left back after a year at centre half.

Pish is very harsh I think.

He’s been good in my opinion but not at the heights he was last season, looks a tad more clumsy at left back than he did in the past.

I think in the 3-5-2, like on Saturday for a while, he ended up looking a wee bit more exposed than Little did purely because Little had Gold ahead of him and Hammy had Bobby. Gold much better defensively than Bobby.

I don’t think any of our players could be classed as having a pish season so far, outwith maybe Hutton who’s had a few clangers. The rest of them have been decent to brilliant. 3rd for a reason

16 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Hammy has been pish this year and i think a few teams have notice this as a weakness. I rate him but its like he’s forgotten how to play left back after a year at centre half.

We were lucky on Saturday, Forfar exploited his position almost every time they went forward and couple of their players had off days, he really was absolutely terrible, up there with East Fife away, we got away with it though. 

2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Hammy has been pish this year

Was it not also yourself who described Bobby Linn as 'finished'? ;) Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!

Hammy has had some poor games this year - I believe he prefers to play centre half and to be honest it grates me somewhat we've not brought in another left back to allow him to do so for a decent run of games, or at least give us the option in games like Saturday and EF away when we're struggling down that side.

1320Lichtie is absolutely spot on (can't believe I've just said that :P ) regarding Saturday in terms of the formation. There's no way Hammy would have been so far inside constantly if we'd been playing with a back 4 instead of a 3. However, when he has been part of a 4 he has had some very poor games, and I also agree think some teams are seeing that side as a defensive weakness for us, which makes it even more surprising we haven't brought in another left sided defender.

I do think however that there is a difference between having some poor games and being 'pish this year', just as there is a difference between having an ongoing injury and playing through that to help the team out and being 'finished' as a player.