The Arbroath Thread

Think Yule deserves to play instead of Whatley, expect more from your captain, if we do get a striker in I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hester leave on loan again or Prunty go altogether, 

Although I feel Scoring goals Isn’t the main issue, conceding is, this needs addressed first,  

Hammy needs a boot up the arse lately, no saying he needs dropped but be needs to improve,  think the back 4 are left unprotected a bit at times and also feel they have absolutely no confidence in what’s behind them 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Who would you drop from the back 4?

Hammy needs a boot up the arse lately, no saying he needs dropped but be needs to improve,  think the back 4 are left unprotected a bit at times and also feel they have absolutely no confidence in what’s behind them 

Agree

If a defender came in they wouldn’t play or be better than any we have at the moment.

I think you’re spot on in regards to the goalie.

the clue is in the name defender. you defend your goal and we have been poor in that sense lately

So what defender would you drop? And do you really think we’d get someone better than we already have?

I doubt we would’ve signed just any random central midfielder, but the opportunity has obviously presented itself to get Martin which on paper is a superb signing. Why moan about it

so your happy with our defence at the moment then. and who was moaning regarding hamilton

Perfectly happy with all the players we have at the back. Think it’s a cracking back 4 that unfortunately has a very dodgy goalie behind them.

I wasn’t talking about Hamilton, I just said why moan about Scott Martin? On paper he looks like a class signing.

You’re saying we should’ve signed a defender so who would you drop from the defence? And do you really think we’d improve on either Gold/ToB/Little or Hamilton in the loan market?

again who moaned about martin. and who said we should sign a defender

Apologies, I have totally misread what you said re Martin.

You actually mentioned why bring in a striker when it’s the other end of the park that’s needing fixed. Just wondering what you would do to fix it? I thought you meant we should be bringing in a defender?

When Gomes gets himself back into the team I think we will really improve. Player for player I think our back 4 is great though.

Regarding our back 4, before our heavy defeat to Ayr, i thought we should've jiggled round with them. I would've tried the following:
Little TOB Hamilton Gold
I think Hamilton is more suited to playing CB these days. Could even have Yule at RB & bring Martin into CM.

Yule definitely gives the option. But I would wait for Ricky to get back in and see what we are like after that.