The Arbroath Thread

1 game nearer survival, would have absolutely taken that at 3pm. Another clean sheet and another good battling performance, mckenna unlucky with a couple of free kicks and we’re just lacking a hamilton/dowds/nouble up front. Big payday for the club too 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Last few weeks have been much more the Arbroath we have been lucky enough to watch for the last few years,

Dow, Banks and Hetherigton have made a massive improvement to our squad and all 3 were brilliant today, Balde has also been a good solid signing,

Not that long ago we look destined for the drop, what  a turn around and all in our own hands to stay in the league

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

1 game nearer survival, would have absolutely taken that at 3pm. Another clean sheet and another good battling performance, mckenna unlucky with a couple of free kicks and we’re just lacking a hamilton/dowds/nouble up front. Big payday for the club too 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Absolutely, few weeks ago, I thought we were done

2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

For sure,,, Jack H was at the match today, would love to have him back in the maroon

2 hours ago, Old Timer said:

Great display today. No weak link. If I have to have one complaint, would love to see us play with a wide man.

This system we now play appears to make us more solid, so it’s in until the season’s end

Another good, battling team performance today and a few excellent individual performances - The entire defence, McKenna (deserved mom), Balde, Dow, Stewart etc but I must give special praise to a player that I’ve been vocally critical of for most of his time with us - Dale Hilson. Yet another superb performance from the wee man, isolated up front but never stopped running and battling… and coming out on top, against guys twice his size.

The thing I become more and more impressed with, is how professional operationally the club has become.

Dealing with 5.5k + fans yesterday, absolutely painless. OK a couple of minutes delay, but seen it happen a dozen times before all over. Imagine the scenes with the old turnstiles.

The hard work going on behind the scenes is paying massive dividends. We've got the infrastructure and facilities of a top championship side now. Great work !!

Win the next 2 and we stay up, it’s that simple. Both very winnable games, first against a Raith who are on a bad run, but safe, then v Cove who appear to have chucked it.

Really don’t want to be needing anything when going to Partick then Accies at home who are probably our most stodgy and infuriating opponents… next to ICT, and are experts at shit-festing results when needed.