The Arbroath Thread

Seriously have to wonder what the hell is even the point or purpose of having some of these trialists here - 2 absolute numpties running about the first 45 minutes when a player who will be playing for us this season is sitting on his arse doing nothing. Also no offence to midgets but number 16 was genuinely 5 foot tall who benefits out of him playing any minutes for us, you could just look at him and tell it’s not going to happen. Total waste of time for everyone involved they 5 today 

As for us holy f**k Keighan Jacobs - thought he was ok at times last year with a blunder in him but he’s absolutely fkn miles aff it even in pre season friendlies now after that injury 

What ashame that’s how Bobby Linns final appearance on Gayfield Park will end - surrounded by a load of numpties 

Good turnout for Ricky Little though, must’ve been about 1000 to 1200 - well deserved 

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’d sign none of they trialists. But I reckon man bun gets signed 

Surely not, even Corfe looked better in pre season friendlies - guys nowhere near it. Heard he was training with Livingston too 😂😐

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

Some/most/all of those trialists are so far out of their depth it’s unreal.

We are in massive trouble.

Can you please stop with the dramatics - just until the real stuff starts at the very minimum 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

A total waste of a place in that squad - just absolutely no point in him being here 

It's like Campbell does things to go completely against what everyone else thinks to prove some sort of weird point,.

Not one person watching last season though he would be here this season, 

Thought 12 was ok but that was just compared to the others who were dreadful. 17 couldn't even walk. 15 carthorse, 16 was terrible, 18 terrible. Positive was Stowe for me. 

We need a left back though as there was so much space with a back 3 and no wing backs. 

2 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

It's like Campbell does things to go completely against what everyone else thinks to prove some sort of weird point,.

Not one person watching last season though he would be here this season, 

I think he was being nice and doing the right thing after his injury, as part of squad might be very well liked but not being a part of that I really do not care less it seems like a waste of a place and a wage and wouldn’t surprise me if one of the loans was again for that position because we are once again tiny in there.

Just now, Hammerafc said:

Thought 12 was ok but that was just compared to the others who were dreadful. 17 couldn't even walk. 15 carthorse, 16 was terrible, 18 terrible. Positive was Stowe for me. 

We need a left back though as there was so much space with a back 3 and no wing backs. 

Aye he tried hard and gave it his absolute all but he’s nowhere near it. The 3 at the back thing will surely just be so that trialists can get games. Cannot seriously be considering that going into the season 

Wasn’t at the game, but reports not good on the trialists, how possibly can we have had about 15 of them and not a player among them,, obviously learned nothing from last season 

24 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Can you please stop with the dramatics - just until the real stuff starts at the very minimum 

No I fucking won’t.

How do you think things are? You like Clashy and think we have a great squad and a raft of quality guys just waiting to sign?

I’m being realistic - this time last season we beat Brechin 1-0 and drew with Mo and we thought that was bad and look how the season panned out.

We have looked dreadful so far, yes I agree that the competitive stuff is when it gets serious but we all have to be worried surely?

Best two trialists from Brechin not even there today. Pretty worrying that’s we’ve apparently watched these guys and they’re not very good with 7 out of 9!being punted after 1 official friendly and the two that got kept on weren’t even the best 2 out of them. Can we please go back to signing the better PT players in Scotland already 

13 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Best two trialists from Brechin not even there today. Pretty worrying that’s we’ve apparently watched these guys and they’re not very good with 7 out of 9!being punted after 1 official friendly and the two that got kept on weren’t even the best 2 out of them. Can we please go back to signing the better PT players in Scotland already 

We’ve signed 5 Scottish part time players. Just got to hope we can find another 2 or 3 in addition to loans. I don’t think any of the trialists today and last week are good enough to even play league 2. 

also not sure what the hell barry sellars is doing with the recruitment plans.

18 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

No I fucking won’t.

How do you think things are? You like Clashy and think we have a great squad and a raft of quality guys just waiting to sign?

I’m being realistic - this time last season we beat Brechin 1-0 and drew with Mo and we thought that was bad and look how the season panned out.

We have looked dreadful so far, yes I agree that the competitive stuff is when it gets serious but we all have to be worried surely?

I cannot take you seriously and you genuinely depress me every time I come on here, every post you have made for about 18 months. You had us relegated after not winning must win matches about 6 times last year 

It’s a pre season friendly - today wasn’t even as serious as that with the way that game finished - the year we nearly won the league I watched Crossgates Thistle get the better of us in one 

If I don’t mute you I think you may possibly drain all the life out of me before a ball is kicked - last thing anyone needs after watching Jacobs play football is reading your posts 

49 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

As for us holy f**k Keighan Jacobs - thought he was ok at times last year with a blunder in him but he’s absolutely fkn miles aff it even in pre season friendlies now after that injury 

What ashame that’s how Bobby Linns final appearance on Gayfield Park will end - surrounded by a load of numpties 

Good turnout for Ricky Little though, must’ve been about 1000 to 1200 - well deserved 

Jacobs, last season, looked absolutely done a complete waste of a wage, everyone, including him was surprised he got a new contract, warming the bench for him all season

He deserved a good turnout 

3 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

We’ve signed 5 Scottish part time players. Just got to hope we can find another 2 or 3 in addition to loans. I don’t think any of the trialists today and last week are good enough to even play league 2. 

also not sure what the hell barry sellars is doing with the recruitment plans.

Yeah I’m fairly happy with players in from Scotland this window even the January players signed from in the leagues here were good. 

this trying to find a hidden gem from down south need to get binned asap. 

there’s Motherwell taking a player on trail from west of Scotland league I think it was. Players are definitely out there.