The Arbroath Thread

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If we sign man bun I think I may lose all enthusiasm for football and start watching cricket instead - cannot sign any of they trialists.

I would like to hear someone ask Pink how they all ended up wearing Arbroath tops and getting minutes for us. Nowhere near it 

At Brechin he looked the worst of them

2 minutes ago, ecto said:

At Brechin he looked the worst of them

He definitely thought he was a player too at Brechin standing down that hedge side. Today to be fair to him he tried so hard but I feel like that’s what made it worse. If we were to sign him it would somehow manage to be a poorer signing than Corfe…

Wait a minute. According to the happy clappers I’m the negative (antagonistic?”) one. Bit it’s good to see you have all seen sense. Well at least one of us, 

@1320Lichtiei know that you’ve posted 1.4 million times on here and your trying to make good of a bad situation but come in man, your clashy 2.0

Edited by Anotherlichtie

7 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Not enough tributes to Ricky Little, an unbelievable player for us for 10 season. Seems to be an even better guy. A fine example to young players with what he’s done

Well said 

11 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Not enough tributes to Ricky Little, an unbelievable player for us for 10 season. Seems to be an even better guy. A fine example to young players with what he’s done

Absolutely this! 

Not been in this forum for a while, think I preferred it when we really were shite! Full of utter balloons now! 

As it stands 

Gaston/Adams 

Steele/TOB/Little/Hamilton                     ( Gold&Stewart for cover )

Stewart/Dow /Balde/Slater/Gold/Allan/Jacob’s/ Dow/Stowe

McKenna

McIntosh 

That is a strong squad as it stands and only need probably 3 other good quality signings. No need for umpteen trialists .

Another full back , another winger and 1/2 strikers 

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He definitely thought he was a player too at Brechin standing down that hedge side. Today to be fair to him he tried so hard but I feel like that’s what made it worse. If we were to sign him it would somehow manage to be a poorer signing than Corfe…

Was better on show and probably worth a second look

11 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Tremendous commitment, absolute rock and am quite sure he knows how we feel about him

4 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

As it stands 

Gaston/Adams 

Steele/TOB/Little/Hamilton                     ( Gold&Stewart for cover )

Stewart/Dow /Balde/Slater/Gold/Allan/Jacob’s/ Dow/Stowe

McKenna

McIntosh 

That is a strong squad as it stands and only need probably 3 other good quality signings. No need for umpteen trialists .

Another full back , another winger and 1/2 strikers 

The issue isn’t, it’s a stronger squad than last season, it probably is, the question is whether it’s good enough 

5 minutes ago, ecto said:

Was better on show and probably worth a second look

Tremendous commitment, absolute rock and am quite sure he knows how we feel about him

The issue isn’t, it’s a stronger squad than last season, it probably is, the question is whether it’s good enough 

I feel with another couple good solid signings the whole team will benefit and we can get more out every player. 
Tam missed a lot of the first part of the season injured and suspended. McKenna injured for half a dozen games. Lost a lot of players in August which is very unusual . Nicky Jason Craigen and Donnelly all away after the season had started. If we can get off to a good start and build momentum it will be a different season because there isn’t a lot between the teams . Just my opinion of course 

36 minutes ago, b ross said:

Not been in this forum for a while, think I preferred it when we really were shite! Full of utter balloons now! 

I look in most days and like reading the measured stuff fae Simon, 1320, Tim and others whilst occasionally contributing myself. Seriously thinking about a wee sabbatical though. 

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Have heard one of the trialists may be signing - one that I think isn’t man bun….. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

potentially signing a striker that’s no even had a shot in 2 games and no done much else. Sounds like our type of striker tbf 

I thought your signing from the juniors had a decent game yesterday and played well same with the lad Steele at RB who is an absolute unit of a guy.

4 minutes ago, WHM said:

Would love Arbroath to look down the league s and get the cheque book out and get striker Joe Bevan from Albion Rovers 9 in 15 end of last season.

What about Dale Carrick at Stirling?  20+ goals last season, we could swap a Dale for a Dale.

15 minutes ago, WHM said:

Would love Arbroath to look down the league s and get the cheque book out and get striker Joe Bevan from Albion Rovers 9 in 15 end of last season.

Yeah he looked magic in highlights last year and only 18 - his partner in crime went to Dundee. Would much rather do this than sign that big huddy from yesterday.

Tbh that Batchelor Montrose signed from Carnoustie or Tayport or whoever looked better than any of the trialists we’ve had which says a lot about the guys that have come up.