The Arbroath Thread

51 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I agree with all of that. I would hope that Slater will give us a bit more presence in midfield. I’ve yet to see him play so I’m living in hope. Balde at his best has been impressive but too often seems to get knocked out of game’s which won’t go unnoticed by the opposition.
Allan should be strolling this league but just seems to be strolling.

Giving Allan his due you can see a whole lot more effort on his part in the last 2 games - told he’s working with a PT too so fair play - thought he was good against Brechin but poor against Montrose - in difficult conditions mind. 

Jacobs makes me think back to Sheerins dark days towards the end when we had wee Darren Smith and another midget in there (Chisholm?) and the 2 of them got completely overrun. Balde a massive improvement on him but he was hopeless on Saturday. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Giving Allan his due you can see a whole lot more effort on his part in the last 2 games - told he’s working with a PT too so fair play - thought he was good against Brechin but poor against Montrose - in difficult conditions mind. 

Jacobs makes me think back to Sheerins dark days towards the end when we had wee Darren Smith and another midget in there (Chisholm) and the 2 of them got completely overrun. Balde a massive improvement on him but he was hopeless on Saturday.

Need a Kevin Nicol type of player to do the dirty work in midfield.

24 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Need a Kevin Nicol type of player to do the dirty work in midfield.

Preferably yeah. I think Hetherington although not the biggest guy would’ve been a really safe and solid option in there. I would’ve genuinely just given him his wage and then Jacobs wage on top of it to keep him here 😂 

21 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

Goldie when played there does a very good job at this 

Think he’s maybe my number 1 choice for they 2 positions just now. Him and Slater although think he may get put left back until Hamilton is fit 

12 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

According to what was said by the committee at the AGM, no recording of the game is allowed because of league rules.

Very odd that.

This morning i have seen goals from Cove, East Fife and Livi games so there must have been filming allowed.

Just now, Ian Mcleod said:

Dylan Tait has joined us on Loan how was he for yous? 

Great debut then picked up a nasty looking injury at Raith and missed a chunk of time. Was pretty poor when he returned 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Great debut then picked up a nasty looking injury at Raith and missed a chunk of time. Was pretty poor when he returned 

Yeah fairs didn't seem to work out at Arbroath however he might do a job in league 1

7 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Made a promising start and then faded - also had injury problems - struggled to make Arboath's starting 11.

Yeah was just a bad season for him he probably needs this move to league 1 to get his career back on track. His chances of ever making it at Hibs are probably well gone though. Can still have a OK career though but he needs to do well with us this season.

3 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Dylan Tait has joined us on Loan how was he for yous? 

He ran about a lot and had good energy, but that's about it.  Personally, I thought it was hard to see what he brought to the team.  He didnt look to have the discipline to be the sitting midfielder, he wasn't creative enough to go further forward, and his passing wasn't all that great.  It just ended up not really working for us.

5 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He ran about a lot and had good energy, but that's about it.  Personally, I thought it was hard to see what he brought to the team.  He didnt look to have the discipline to be the sitting midfielder, he wasn't creative enough to go further forward, and his passing wasn't all that great.  It just ended up not really working for us.

Yeah accies will need to hope he can find the form he had at Raith cause he's struggled the past while. I'm confident he can get his form back in league 1 though. 

19 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah accies will need to hope he can find the form he had at Raith cause he's struggled the past while. I'm confident he can get his form back in league 1 though. 

No offence but after the behaviour of some of your support on our visit to Hamilton last season I hope the Accies stay down for the foreseeable and I don’t ever need to visit New Douglas Park again

Just now, lichtie23 said:

No offence but after the behaviour of some of your support on our visit to Hamilton last season I hope the Accies stay down for the foreseeable and I don’t ever need to visit New Douglas Park again

Yeah from what I've heard both fans were just as bad however that would of never of happened if we just had put the Arbroath fans in the away stand so it's the clubs fault.

52 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Hamilton have fans?

40 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Hamilton have fans?

Hamilton has a population of around 55,000 ( twice the size of Arbroath).

However, due to it's location (only 10 miles from Glasgow) - most local football fans unfortunately travel to support the old firm.

Across Scotland every town and city has buses leaving to support the two ugly sisters, but Hamilton gets it worse due it's location - this is why they have so few fans - most of them travel to support the two richest clubs in Scotland.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Im thinking that if any of they trialists were going to be signed after Saturday it would have been done by now. 

To be fair if they have been playing abroad there could be a bit of fannying around required regarding registrations etc