The Arbroath Thread

Over 700 season tickets - after the post I bought myself and my dad one so there’s another 2 - last year at same time we had about 850 I think with the final total being nearly 1600. So slight drop off but still looking at and on track for good numbers. 

Re the trialists etc. All great points. I just really hope we avoid them, I’m praying we do 

Starting 11 and back up seems solid enough to be honest 

GK - Gaston - Adams

RB - Steele 

CH - Little 

CH - ToB

LB - new player - Hamilton (inj)

CM - Gold - Balde - Jacobs 

CM - Slater - Allan

RM - Stewart - Stowe

AM - McKenna 

LM - Dow 

CF - McIntosh

That’s pretty good. 

24 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Over 700 season tickets - after the post I bought myself and my dad one so there’s another 2 - last year at same time we had about 850 I think with the final total being nearly 1600. So slight drop off but still looking at and on track for good numbers. 

Re the trialists etc. All great points. I just really hope we avoid them, I’m praying we do 

GK - Gaston - Adams

RB - Steele 

CH - Little 

CH - ToB

CM - Slater - Allan

RM - Stewart - Stowe

AM - McKenna 

LM - Dow 

CF - McIntosh

That’s pretty good. 

One striker and no left back. Not my definition of pretty good, but there’s time yet. 

With our 1st away bus scheduled for our visit to St Mirren on the 22nd of July a reminder that TASC members get 1 week priority to book their seats. This bus will be available for booking this upcoming Monday so be quick and get your TASC membership for the 2023/24 season!

Membership Prices
18 - 64 Year Olds - £20
12 - 17 Year Olds - £10
Under 12/Over 65 - FREE

Bus Prices
Over 12 Years Old - £15
Under 12 Years Old - £5
Non Members (All Ages) - £20

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Starting 11 and back up seems solid enough

Good, decent starting 11 - with still around 2- 3 signings to follow and perhaps the same number in loan players ( who probably won't arrive until August).

Any remaining trialists will get another opportunity on Saturday, before they are released and move on down the divisions to a more suitable level ( presume there will also be new trialists playing on Sat ) ?

Would rather we take out time getting the right players - most clubs in this league are in a similar position.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

GK - Gaston - Adams

RB - Steele 

CH - Little 

CH - ToB

CM - Slater - Allan

RM - Stewart - Stowe

AM - McKenna 

LM - Dow 

CF - McIntosh

That’s pretty good. 

Still think centre mid looks weak, no sure Allan can play there, Jacobs is done

Do we now have to play out and out wingers. Could, with the current crop of players, play some kind of 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 formation.

Usual back 5 including temp LB until Hammy back

Balde Slater

Mckenna Allan Dow

Mcintosh 

or

Stewart/Gold Balde Slater

Mckenna Allan

Mcintosh 

20 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

At least we have guide dogs though eh

👏🏻 

Our social media needs ripped up and started again. As Iv said I’m a massive supporter of the charity but they have enough about them to advertise themselves. I personally don’t care if the darts player brought his dog to Gayfield. I want our social media to keep supporters updated with club stuff such as friendlies, ticket prices, squad updates etc. We eventually announced the Stirling Alb friendly about 18 hours after the home side had. 

Is that too much to ask? 

1 minute ago, Anotherlichtie said:

👏🏻 

Our social media needs ripped up and started again. As Iv said I’m a massive supporter of the charity but they have enough about them to advertise themselves. I personally don’t care if the darts player brought his dog to Gayfield. I want our social media to keep supporters updated with club stuff such as friendlies, ticket prices, squad updates etc. We eventually announced the Stirling Alb friendly about 18 hours after the home side had. 

Is that too much to ask? 

The Stirling was mentioned at the AGM, I like all posts including about the dugs.

23 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

You don’t need to be a pleb, just get yer cheque book oot.

What a frankly embarrassing reply that is. Many can’t afford to pay the fee required to become a shareholder so in your eyes they don’t deserve the same communication from the club. 

12 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

What a frankly embarrassing reply that is. Many can’t afford to pay the fee required to become a shareholder so in your eyes they don’t deserve the same communication from the club. 

Never bought shares, got them free with a season ticket.

13 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

You knew the friendly was being played as it was mentioned on here. The club isn't just waiting to post social media comments and some will be pre done to drop at a certain time or date. They were maybe waiting to confirm entry fee, card or cash gates or ticketing with Stirling before announcing it on our page. 

If your that bothered email the club and don't moan on here about it. We've got more important things to moan about.