The Arbroath Thread

11 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Hi Sunshine!

I do hope you are in your warm, wonderful, positive and optimistic mood as ever!

I normally don’t reply, especially over the past two seasons where this thread has just become one huge car-crash.

Social Media - “Constant Spam of Children on Holiday” - These spammers are our supporters, and our future supporters and if you are in Arbroath, or even further afield you now seen nearly every young boy and girl wearing an Arbroath shirt.  It’s bloody brilliant.  You just have to look around the terraces at Gayfield - full of young supporters.

These pictures and posts are maybe spam to you, but to these young supporters it makes their day.  Big Clubs can’t and don’t do these sort of posts, even small clubs don’t do it.  If a simple Facebook or Twitter post gives a young supporter a feeling of pride and joy and a connection with their club, then I shall keep posting them.  It’s the same reason all the players stayed behind for over an hour on the final home game of last season signing shirts, hats, arms, and posing for selfies with everyone who asked, because without supporters and recognising them for their loyal support Clubs would be nothing.

It’s the same as sharing charity posts, missing person posts etc - We have a big outreach and if we can help one person, then every post and tweet is worth it.

I know we are all wrong on this forum, but just to let you know I am a volunteer, and I think this is my 10th season officially.  

I read many false and incorrect ones on this forum, but again don’t bother speaking out as it's not my place nor my role. There are volunteers at the Club, and I spend sometimes spend anytime between 10-15 hours on a quiet week doing things for the Club, on a week where we have 3 games and lots of posts to write, create, film, photograph etc - up to 60 hours.

I do it as I am a supporter and prefer the Club spend their funds on players and facilities.

You are more than welcome to volunteer or take over and start the social media, I certainly can’t do it forever.  I’m sure your positive charm would be more than welcome.

Final note for me today, and probably for the season.

Cheers

Graham

Superb 36-0

15 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Kieran Shanks scored 3 goals in 18 games for us - that's exactly the sort of record people have been slating when it comes to players we've signed this summer/ have been linked with.

Now come on Simon i know the majority on this page like anything you say but i need minutes/per goal pal, 36-0 Ya Bass

3 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Now come on Simon i know the majority on this page like anything you say but i need minutes/per goal pal, 36-0 Ya Bass

21 games. 3 goals. Approx. 780 mins

Average of 37 mins per game

Average of 260 mins per goal.

Falkirk today - hopefully signing news too - obviously we have an extra 4 days to sort things out but come Wednesday no more trialists 

Would bite your hand off for Bird, Hylton and another left sided defender/midfield player (currently somewhere else) all signed up before Cowdenbeath

Edited by 1320Lichtie

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Falkirk today - hopefully signing news too - obviously we have an extra 4 days to sort things out but come Wednesday no more trialists 

Would bite your hand off for Bird, Hylton and another left sided defender/midfield player (currently somewhere else) all signed up before Cowdenbeath

I’d like to see us start today with the team he wants to start on Wednesday night. Even if it’s just 45 minutes

10 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Brilliant mate 😁 Are you still needing any help or support with it? At last count I had 616 Programmes ranging from Clyde 1959 to Hamilton last game of last season 🇱🇻⚽🔥 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ka8y46AgbCMevF6M9

Much appreciated - I'll be in touch once everythings up and running :)

9 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

How much you getting paid for all this? 

I was hoping this wouldn't come up - we've got several strikers on the verge of signing currently, the problem is I'm holding the club to ransom and they're undecided if they should give in to my wage demands or sign the striker everyone wants. :rolleyes: 

Yesssss

Big Bird surely away to be announced.

On paper that’s as good a hybrid signing as we could get. A guy who is young and has been unlucky with injuries meaning he never fully broke through at MK Dons but has had to try build his career back up. Playing in the National League last year and probably seeing this as an opportunity to get games and score goals and get a good move at the end of it. 

Superb 

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yesssss

Big Bird surely away to be announced.

On paper that’s as good a hybrid signing as we could get. A guy who is young and has been unlucky with injuries meaning he never fully broke through at MK Dons but has had to try build his career back up. Playing in the National League last year and probably seeing this as an opportunity to get games and score goals and get a good move at the end of it. 

Superb 

I hope so

3 minutes ago, ecto said:

I hope so

It just seems like a solid signing. A guy who’s played at a very good level but who’s struggled to get a break, dropped down to another good level and done well and a year here might do him the world of good. Obviously ended up at Dagenham and Redbrige but it’s someone Dundee and Gary Bowyer was contemplating signing before last season started. 

If we could get Hylton think we’d be done in forward and wide areas in regards to permanent signed players and not loans

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It just seems like a solid signing. A guy who’s played at a very good level but who’s struggled to get a break, dropped down to another good level and done well and a year here might do him the world of good. Obviously ended up at Dagenham and Redbrige but it’s someone Dundee and Gary Bowyer was contemplating signing before last season started. 

If we could get Hylton think we’d be done in forward and wide areas in regards to permanent signed players and not loans

Last season’s window, knocked me a bit for 6,  so going into this season, am definitely a glass half empty kind of a guy

but I do agree this appears to be a better window