Looking at the next 7 games when we will have played everyone once - 

Morton (A) 

Ayr (H)

Airdrie (H) 

Partick Thistle (A)

Inverness (H) 

Dunfermline (A)

Raith (H) 

We really need to be looking at 10 - 12 points from them - anything less or a horrendous run here then I’ll be convinced that it’s time for a change. 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Looking at the next 7 games when we will have played everyone once - 

Morton (A) 

Ayr (H)

Airdrie (H) 

Partick Thistle (A)

Inverness (H) 

Dunfermline (A)

Raith (H) 

We really need to be looking at 10 - 12 points from them - anything less or a horrendous run here then I’ll be convinced that it’s time for a change. 

Would love to see it but 3 or 4 wins out of those 7 games would be a hell of a return. Really tough looking fixtures and we could quite easily come away with not very much at all.

If things continue badly then I really don’t think we can be prepared to wait more than 3 games to take action. We would more than likely be a fair chunk of points behind if we leave it much longer than that.

Really hope it doesn’t come to that and we get a big positive change in the next week or two but 3 or 4 points in the the next two games is the bare minimum for me.

Fingers crossed.

24 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Would love to see it but 3 or 4 wins out of those 7 games would be a hell of a return. Really tough looking fixtures and we could quite easily come away with not very much at all.

If things continue badly then I really don’t think we can be prepared to wait more than 3 games to take action. We would more than likely be a fair chunk of points behind if we leave it much longer than that.

Really hope it doesn’t come to that and we get a big positive change in the next week or two but 3 or 4 points in the the next two games is the bare minimum for me.

Fingers crossed.

Saturday showed we are capable. We’ve got a good squad and one result could change everything, as soon as you get on a bad run and confidence is down it’s hard to recover. That’s just how this league is going to be, 3 or 4 points bare minimum from the next 3 games basically equates to the tally I mentioned.

If we can’t get that then we need a reset and fresh start with a new manager. Actually pretty annoyed at how negative Dick was after the game on Saturday. Think he should’ve been showing some positivity over the good things that happened, we really need that if we are going to turn the corner. 

If he isn’t going to be the one to do that then someone new needs to come in and give everyone a lift 

Sounds as good a decision as it was moving that QP game forward when we already had 2 incredibly tough fixtures to start the season and had an incomplete team

Surely a couple of bodies in this week

McKenna more than likely be out for a wee while so can hopefully get Stewart higher up the park 

Also will be going to Morton and I like a lot about the squad and a lot of the players we’ve got in it but these next 3 games feel huge in terms of how the attitude is going to be towards the management - need to start picking up points and getting some feel good factor back - cannot go on with the negativity any longer 

Watched highlights back from Saturday today, I reckon you put that performance in when you've got a few wins on the board already and you get something out of it. Just seemed to snatch at every chance we got, but definitely signs of encouragement there. 

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Tierney let go by Arsenal. Just saying.

“Quality players are worth waiting for” © ClashCityRocker

The quote was "talent is worth waiting for" - get it right !

Also, I can't claim copyright over this, it was a quote by the late great Sir Joe Strummer.

But it's good to see you have a sense of humour - at times I did have my doubts !!!

Edited by clashcityrocker

10 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Hearing Scott Allan may be away by end of window so should free up a bit cash.  Talented player but just hasn’t worked out 

When we signed Slater the writing was on the wall to be honest. 

If he’s away then a left back and a big bad b*****d centre mid - hopefully 

On 26/07/2023 at 00:07, SimonLichtie said:

Quite simply, if we're looking for our back four to be playing long balls there's no place for him in that team.  However, if Stowe/ Bird and Allan can form an understanding we could really be onto something. If it's a waste of time, I'd rather find out trying than starting day one with Ricky pumping it up into the channels as our form of starting an attack.

We have gone with Ricky pumping it up the park from day one. We've not created enough chances so far and we've not retained the ball as much as we need to. The one player we have who is able to do these things featuring for 0 minutes in the league and being punted is not a good look in my opinion...... this entire season is going to be long ball, playing for knock downs and second balls etc and full backs and central defenders launching it.

It's fine to go with those tactics when you don't have the players to do otherwise, but it's frustrating to have the players to do otherwise and make the choice to go long ball shitfest tactics from minute one. It's more frustrating when this is the choice that's made, and the management seem surprised we struggle to create chances.

Edited by SimonLichtie