The Arbroath Thread

Well that was, quite simply, a superb team performance all round :) Our best all round 90 minute display this calender year at least.

I've pointed out various things Dick has done over the past few weeks which I think have been really poor, but today he got everything spot on. The starting 11 and their shape worked really well, to the surprise of everyone I think, with Turan making it a 4-4-2 on the ball but dropping deep on the left when we were out of possession allowing Gold, Slater and McKenna to cover the centre of the park. I think we'll still struggle in the centre of the park against the stronger teams in the division but today it worked. Subs wise the like for like with Bird & Gold when they both got knocks were the correct subs, as was bringing on Hylton for his pace in the last 20 for Turan and I really liked seeing us not make 4/5 changes in a game for once...!

Slater, Turan and McKenna were all absolutely outstanding. Three big performances which were needed from three players who have things to prove after the last few months. Wonderful to see the travelling support serenading the big man as he was subbed off and at full time although it did lead to my biggest disappointment of the day - 1320Lichtie not being in attendance to join in with the 'Turan' chants. ;) 

Interesting to note Morton only had 5 subs today and they're still lacking players in key positions..... it's almost as if other teams in the division are also still needing to add players to their squads.... we're far from the 'finished article' but we have a good base that if the right players are added to it then squad wise I've no doubts we have enough to stay up. Utilising the players we have correctly, like we did today, will of course be the key.

2 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

You ok? Thank you seems overly positive for you 

I think I’ve been very positive on the whole in comparison to most to be fair 

2 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Well that was, quite simply, a superb team performance all round :) Our best all round 90 minute display this calender year at least.

I've pointed out various things Dick has done over the past few weeks which I think have been really poor, but today he got everything spot on. The starting 11 and their shape worked really well, to the surprise of everyone I think, with Turan making it a 4-4-2 on the ball but dropping deep on the left when we were out of possession allowing Gold, Slater and McKenna to cover the centre of the park. I think we'll still struggle in the centre of the park against the stronger teams in the division but today it worked. Subs wise the like for like with Bird & Gold when they both got knocks were the correct subs, as was bringing on Hylton for his pace in the last 20 for Turan and I really liked seeing us not make 4/5 changes in a game for once...!

Slater, Turan and McKenna were all absolutely outstanding. Three big performances which were needed from three players who have things to prove after the last few months. Wonderful to see the travelling support serenading the big man as he was subbed off and at full time although it did lead to my biggest disappointment of the day - 1320Lichtie not being in attendance to join in with the 'Turan' chants. ;) 

Interesting to note Morton only had 5 subs today and they're still lacking players in key positions..... it's almost as if other teams in the division are also still needing to add players to their squads.... we're far from the 'finished article' but we have a good base that if the right players are added to it then squad wise I've no doubts we have enough to stay up. Utilising the players we have correctly, like we did today, will of course be the key.

A combination of vet bills, booking a weekend for the mrs birthday and a car insurance renewal for the year set me back about £900 this week, that plus the 3 and a half hour drive with the roadworks lead to the decision to give this one a miss. Fucking typical.

Although good to read your match report and glad Turan has had a good game today and gotten some recognition for it too. Fair play to the big guy. 

2 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

You crawling wee p***k. You wanted Turan castrated . What do do is pipe down and stop talking absolute pish. 

thank you 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah Turan was decent when he come on last week too - shock horror I was wrong about something else - not totally convinced but there are much more promising signs. Seems to do better when he’s not upfront and off the left

👍🏻

1 minute ago, Anotherlichtie said:

You crawling wee p***k. You wanted Turan castrated . What do do is pipe down and stop talking absolute pish. 

thank you 

Right. Wind your neck in. No need for verbal abuse on here. Act like a man and cut that shit out. Its pathetic.

Just now, Anotherlichtie said:

What did you think of turan today? 

I didn't see the game, I'm looking forward to the highlights (its been a while since I said that), but I've long thought he's been far better than people have said, and I'm glad he's proving the doubters wrong.  But that doesn't mean I need to throw abuse at people who disagreed with me!  Gentle mockery - yes, Personal abuse - no.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Funny reading the Morton forum and have them all say that Arbroath were the team playing football and that they were the team playing hoofball 

How the hell have we managed to ‘play football’ without a wee chubby ex Celtic player playing in the team? How is that possible? Mind boggling

We were complete and utter f**king shite, that's how.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

I didn't see the game, I'm looking forward to the highlights (its been a while since I said that), but I've long thought he's been far better than people have said, and I'm glad he's proving the doubters wrong.  But that doesn't mean I need to throw abuse at people who disagreed with me!  Gentle mockery - yes, Personal abuse - no.

So all the negative crap you and everyone said about him isn’t abuse? 

Im very happy you’ve been found out

4 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

For calling out “supporters” like him? 

Regardless of your views on how someones else sees things, there is absolutely no need to start calling folk on here arse holes or p***ks on here. 

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Regardless of your views on how someones else sees things, there is absolutely no need to start calling folk on here arse holes or p***ks on here. 

I’m pretty sure you think the management team are “p***ks” and “arse holes”

Or does that not apply to you? 

Il try and stay out  this nonsense and say that I thought we were very good today, Turan included. 
I will also say that Morton were absolute horse shit. Which helped. 
Onwards and upwards though 👍🏻

Edited by lichtie23

Everyone is entitled to there opinions and that's the whole point of this page,

Won today after a horrible start to the season, take the 3 points and hope its something to build on, critism was fully warranted after the first 3 games buy credit is due today, 

Well done to the management and players 

3 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Everyone is entitled to there opinions and that's the whole point of this page,

Won today after a horrible start to the season, take the 3 points and hope its something to build on, critism was fully warranted after the first 3 games buy credit is due today, 

Well done to the management and players 

And I agree. But when super fan 1320 with his completely unjustified crap said about Turan is found out. He deserves to be ridiculed for it. If Turan was poor today then he (and many more) would have been all over the poor guy. I’m correct in saying we are suppose to be “supporters” aren’t I? 

3 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

And I agree. But when super fan 1320 with his completely unjustified crap said about Turan is found out. He deserves to be ridiculed for it. If Turan was poor today then he (and many more) would have been all over the poor guy. I’m correct in saying we are suppose to be “supporters” aren’t I? 

I said Turan was good when he come on last week too and also good against Montrose. Thank you for calling me a super fan though that’s nice of you