The Arbroath Thread

6 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

aye coz 3 wins makes everything ok LOL

Great few results and we want the momentum to keep going, but you must be awfy stupid if you think a couple of wins gets him off the hook

Yeah f**k him, get him sacked tomorrow. 

Even by your usual moronic posts this is saying something. I don’t think he was even on the hook never mind off it . Gladly the majority of our fans are decent and could see the improvement in signings and performances.

Also not against anyone having their opinions on that either though - @RedLichtie86made a great post showing all of last seasons failures - and the start of the season was a shambles 

Even though I wasn’t on the DC out bandwagon I felt like I was very close to it - QP at home completely changed my viewpoint on everything and made me see the positive signs that I’d been desperate to see since out first pre season game 

Coincidentally 4 games without Allan and 4 wins - DC got absolutely hammered for that by a lot of people online. Shows he can still make the big calls too

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Also not against anyone having their opinions on that either though - @RedLichtie86made a great post showing all of last seasons failures - and the start of the season was a shambles 

Even though I wasn’t on the DC out bandwagon I felt like I was very close to it - QP at home completely changed my viewpoint on everything and made me see the positive signs that I’d been desperate to see since out first pre season game 

Coincidentally 4 games without Allan and 4 wins - DC got absolutely hammered for that by a lot of people online. Shows he can still make the big calls too

Attributing our success to Allan’s departure is just mental. He wasn’t even playing. 

3 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Attributing our success to Allan’s departure is just mental. He wasn’t even playing. 

That’s not what I’m doing - I’m saying people thought and said Allan was the answer to our problems, would you agree?

And people were saying that getting rid of him was a horrendous decision and used it as something to have a go at DC over, that happened?

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Campbell deserved criticism last season and it was clear recruitment was a big issue. They have worked on that and also not relied on getting quality loan players in. It's clear to see that Steele, Slater, Bird, Hylton, McIntosh, Stowe are a massive improvement on the majority of signings last season with Balde being one of the few positives.

That said we did stay up and his record gives him a bit of slack in my book. 

2 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

My thoughts were that Gold fouled the player and he was stumbling and fell into Little. For me it was Gold who committed the foul and he was the one that should have seen yellow. Might change my mind when I see the replay though.

Worst decision wasn't even the refs but the offside against Hylton second half which is still baffling me as he must have been 10 yards onside. 

Yup 100% was bang in line with it, miles onside, incredible decision

Really impressive again yesterday. You can see the team is really jelling together. After a slow start Slater has found some real form and would probably be the first name on the team sheet just now. Steele also continues to improve. The jump of 2 divisions doesn’t seem to have affected him. 

That’s us won as many home league games this season as the whole of last season already and half as many games in total as the whole of last season.

What a difference having an attack minded attitude and attack minded players makes. Last season we would have shut up shop and tried to defend our 1 or 2 goal lead from early on but that was so refreshing to see attacking players coming on even late in the game and then pushing for more right up to the final whistle. Some fantastic individual performances, Slater was superb, particularly in the second half

Yesterday very much reminded me of the 21/22 home games v Dunfermline and Partick etc - solid, no frills at the back, lots of energy in midfield and relentless in attack.

Tough run of games coming up but carry on playing like this and we’ll be ok.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Really impressive again yesterday. You can see the team is really jelling together. After a slow start Slater has found some real form and would probably be the first name on the team sheet just now. Steele also continues to improve. The jump of 2 divisions doesn’t seem to have affected him. 

I think Slater missing a lot of preseason showed at the beginning but he was excellent yesterday and certainly a man of the match contender. Steele was excellent moving central and partnering TOB and the whole back 4 was solid with Gold and Stewart both having good games.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

That’s us won as many home league games this season as the whole of last season already and half as many games in total as the whole of last season.

What a difference having an attack minded attitude and attack minded players makes. Last season we would have shut up shop and tried to defend our 1 or 2 goal lead from early on but that was so refreshing to see attacking players coming on even late in the game and then pushing for more right up to the final whistle. Some fantastic individual performances, Slater was superb, particularly in the second half

Yesterday very much reminded me of the 21/22 home games v Dunfermline and Partick etc - solid, no frills at the back, lots of energy in midfield and relentless in attack.

Tough run of games coming up but carry on playing like this and we’ll be ok.

Said to @Lichtie78 this morning - could you have imagined Fosu or whoever we had up top in the positions Hylton, Bird or McIntosh were in and what the outcome of that would’ve been… 

McIntosh / Bird / Hylton especially made they finishes look so so easy - 3rd goal most aesthetically pleasing with Bird absolutely trucking through them and looking like Usain Bolt up against 2 OAPs, also very good footwork. I think he might end up being the best striker we’ve had since we’ve been in this division outwith Nouble and potentially Hamilton 

17 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

My thoughts were that Gold fouled the player and he was stumbling and fell into Little. For me it was Gold who committed the foul and he was the one that should have seen yellow. Might change my mind when I see the replay though.

Worst decision wasn't even the refs but the offside against Hylton second half which is still baffling me as he must have been 10 yards onside. 

We were almost inline with this alleged offside, it was a terrible decision 

McCabe at the 3rd goal was unbelievable, I actually have no words to describe it, 

No failures yesterday, Slater and Hylton the stand outs, I'd be throwing money at Hylton now to get him to end of season, He will be near impossible to replace, 

Some of the offside decisions you see at this level are unreal, not even close, the ref yesterday was so bad, he was desperate to send Little off, Foul all day long by Gold who could of been punished and then what followed wouldn't of happened, The second booking for the Airdrie sending off was a foul but a harsh yellow, the worst tackle of game was on Mckenna and got no yellow,

There was a lot of negativity at start of season and after the Cup and start in League and people had the right to be worried, But the last few weeks have been much better and its clear we are in a better position and players look a lot happier and hungrier now

Recommend watching the Airdrie highlights not Arbroath effort. Same pictures but Airdrie have included the four fouls that led to the two red cards and slow motion replays of the four goals. Biggest bonus though there’s crowd noise but no commentary , so you don’t have to listen to the shockingly embarrassingly bad Arbroath commentator.  

40 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

I look forward to the highlights and, even with their occasional deficiencies. I won’t be piling in on the commentator either. Lad’s a volunteer, I expect, giving up his own time for the club. 

Yes. Would also be a lot harder to do than people realise. I actually find it entertaining. I would also prefer the ridiculousness over the boring generic commentator cliche stuff other clubs highlights packages have. Also if you do not like it you can quite simply turn the volume down.

I can live with the commentary, I preferred Fraser but as you say there is plenty of effort going in even if it's not everyone's preference.

The highlights I just don't get. I thought we had a company doing these for us? They seem to have dipped massively.

It's obviously a good thing that these relatively minor details are the talking point though.

3 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

I can live with the commentary, I preferred Fraser but as you say there is plenty of effort going in even if it's not everyone's preference.

The highlights I just don't get. I thought we had a company doing these for us? They seem to have dipped massively.

It's obviously a good thing that these relatively minor details are the talking point though.

Agree Fraser was a very good speaker whereas Scott is more of an enthusiastic ‘yer da’ type fan and at times I find some of the things said very funny even if they are ridiculous, also gets proper into it like a supporter and excited at us scoring etc which is endearing and genuine. Guys doing it out his own time and I appreciate that.

During Covid everyone moaned about the commentators too but if people try and put themselves into their shoes, it would be a hard thing to do especially live. 

Highlights, camera work spot on now, what it’s like in Airdrie game should be standard and no zooming in or out like there had been. Replays and a wee bit more time to watch team celebrate after goals would be appreciated.