The Arbroath Thread

Club will deal with it internally and bird will serve a one game ban. Governing body can charge them separately but that will be at a later date I’d imagine if it even happens. 

hylton more in the wrong I’d say from the footage I seen but frustration boils over at times. Fistycuffs will happen in the changing rooms most weeks I’d imagine just disappointing it happened on the park resulting in a red and dropping points.

but like I say will be dealt with internally and we move on and we continue to support them whilst at the club. Heard a few boos when both going off which a bit shitty but obviously fans annoyed at the situation 

7 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Hylton and Bird. Handbags, soon forgotten. Hopefully already kissed and made up. Both have been really fired up for us and I love to see that. What’s more important is the level of performance, organisation and commitment we’ve shown in recent games. Great to see.

They’ve also cost us 2 very valuable points

11 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Hylton isn’t signing so tell him to f**k oh now. Those 2 points could be massive at the end of the seasons 

In the end, it won’t be this that relegates us, it’s more likely to be the run of defeats we had

Not buying that there are fights in the changing rooms most weeks. Arguments yes. I don't like people booing either but that was totally justified yesterday for Hylton after that meltdown. The main thing will be what happened behind closed doors after the match. If a proper apology and remorse was shown then a fine and back to work. If not see you later. Getting fired up and having some passion doesn't cut it as an excuse for me.

Bird I have some sympathy for as not sure what you are supposed to do in that situation.

27 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Not buying that there are fights in the changing rooms most weeks. Arguments yes. I don't like people booing either but that was totally justified yesterday for Hylton after that meltdown. The main thing will be what happened behind closed doors after the match. If a proper apology and remorse was shown then a fine and back to work. If not see you later. Getting fired up and having some passion doesn't cut it as an excuse for me.

Bird I have some sympathy for as not sure what you are supposed to do in that situation.

Giving Hylton the “Bird”when he was substituted was perfectly acceptable in my book

It's all very well being passionate and fired up but no excuse what so ever for what Hylton  initiated yesterday. Sunday league stuff from a professional. Got sympathy for Bird he was put in a ridiculous situation. Still annoyed that cost us two very valuable points.

Good to see we are actually playing some decent football at last on a positive note. 

56 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Not saying every week but definitely a lot more than you’d imagine, not fighting but don’t know how anyone could really class that as a fight either. Handbags, grabbed his top and got in his face. 

I hope everyone backs Bird now they’ve seen it too I don’t know what he could’ve possibly done. He’s been brilliant for us and will be so important for the rest of the season too. 

If Hylton is away in January surely it would be the easiest option to cut your losses early if there's a chance of any disruption in training? They're grown men though so you'd hope they'd be able to kiss and make-up over something so trivial. 

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not saying every week but definitely a lot more than you’d imagine, not fighting but don’t know how anyone could really class that as a fight either. Handbags, grabbed his top and got in his face. 

I hope everyone backs Bird now they’ve seen it too I don’t know what he could’ve possibly done. He’s been brilliant for us and will be so important for the rest of the season too. 

I wouldn't call that handbags.  If someone did that to me, I'd punch them.  I don't think Bird did anything wrong at all there.  I'm sure they can resolve it like professionals.  Best case scenarios, other clubs think Hylton is damaged goods, a liability, rip up any offers he has, and he signs a new contract to stay with us...

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don't know why you're trying to defend Hylton. He was bang out of order.

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I wouldn't call that handbags.  If someone did that to me, I'd punch them.  I don't think Bird did anything wrong at all there.  I'm sure they can resolve it like professionals.  Best case scenarios, other clubs think Hylton is damaged goods, a liability, rip up any offers he has, and he signs a new contract to stay with us...

Fair. For me though Hylton just grabbed him, got in his face and Bird was trying to get him off. Simple as that 

2 minutes ago, keptie said:

Don't know why you're trying to defend Hylton. He was bang out of order.

I’ve said several times Hylton was out of order - not defending what he done at all. For me it was nowhere near as bad as what I thought at the time and all the blame lies with him and not Bird. I don’t know what Bird is supposed to have done. 

I’m sure that not all players get on and there might be something bubbling under between the two of them, however to raise your hands to a team mate when winning a tight match and pushing for a very important 3 points is atrocious behaviour imo.

Ok, he might have been frustrated that he never got the pass but everyone knows and accepts that strikers are selfish and will 99/100 take the shot instead of looking to play in a team mate. It’s the same at every level and every age group so it’s pretty astonishing that a seasoned pro would act like that - never seen anything like it in all my years of going to Gayfield.

Concentrate on winning the game and take that shit to the changing room.

Bird was incredibly unlucky to be sent off - what exactly was he meant to do? and the first half yellow was a joke.

10 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

I like his confidence trying to have a square go with Bird. I wouldn't fancy his chances of coming out on top of that one.

Chihuahua v Rottweiller

Hylton could be really important for us before he leaves on 26th January - plenty of time to make it up on the park and if he is involved within the squad they’ll have all quashed it and moved on just like everyone else should

They are grown men not bairns and should be able to get on with it no problem 

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Chihuahua v Rottweiller

Hylton could be really important for us before he leaves on 26th January - plenty of time to make it up on the park and if he is involved within the squad they’ll have all quashed it and moved on just like everyone else should

You would think so, they don't need to end up being best mates,  just a realisation of the fuckwittery and that it benefits them both to just be professional with each other. 

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Chihuahua v Rottweiller

Absolutely 

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

You would think so, they don't need to end up being best mates,  just a realisation of the fuckwittery and that it benefits them both to just be professional with each other. 

this is correct 

Away from the drama - I thought Leighton McIntosh was fkn excellent out on the right. He’s really surprised me out there, powerful strong running at a full back and a willingness to take them on. 

Also helps that we’ve got Slater and Gold continuously under lapping and getting in to the box as an option and on the right Stewart overlapping. Norey (Lyon) last week not moving from the centre of the park and keeping it ticking over. 

A clear identity and what we are trying to do as a team is building up - in my opinion anyway