The Arbroath Thread

2 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

My mistake. Why did they release him?

Dunc wants a squad rebuild. Players dont feature in his plans so mutual contract termination. Free up wages for new recruits.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

We have a defender!  So that's a right back in last week and a left back this week.  Presumably means Hamilton will be staying in the middle for the rest of the season.

Can see Hammy getting a rest to heal his broken toe.

Situation is we have no idea when ToB or Steele mght return. Little looks like he is out until end of season.

But with Walker and Delaney in that gives us options at the back now even with ToB and Steele out. When they return we should have a decent back 4.

3 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Situation is we have no idea when ToB or Steele mght return. Little looks like he is out until end of season.

But with Walker and Delaney in that gives us options at the back now even with ToB and Steele out. When they return we should have a decent back 4.

Anyone kin the script with ToB?

16 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Could also mean Steele is out long term as has been hinted at. New RB, LB and ToB and Hamilton at CB.

Could be. But also have Hammy walking wounded and not much else defensive cover. JMc might be wanting to have that extra cover in place for when ToB and Steele return without having to rush them back too quickly.

Delaney looked decent when he first came in but hasn’t kicked on unfortunately. Definitely better at left back than centre half, tends to get bullied if he plays at centre half. 

Seems like a decent laddie so hope he does well (just not against us) 

I wonder if we're going to see Turan shipped out now.  Even when we were walking wounded and Bird was limping about, McIntyre never seemed to fancy Turan up front, and he hasn't started despite being one of our few fit players.  I think he's actually been okay, but he hasn't had a proper chance because the other forwards have outperformed him.  So I see this guy Robinson as a Turan replacement, Innes Murray as a Hylton/Stowe replacement, and our other signings are plugging catastrophic injury problems.